Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to chuck out the fast risky play of last week and revert to type I reckon. Ignominious upset loss or scrappy unconvincing win incoming.
Just like the brilliant “dirty ball” game plan that destroyed reigning premiers West Coast on their own turf in 2019 then was never seen again, last week’s freewheeling style will be a one-off that we never replicate again for no apparent reason, in favour of reverting to a turgid, borderline-unwatchable game style.

Just like the brilliant “dirty ball” game plan that destroyed reigning premiers West Coast on their own turf in 2019 then was never seen again, last week’s freewheeling style will be a one-off that we never replicate again for no apparent reason, in favour of reverting to a turgid, borderline-unwatchable game style.
Yep. It's not as if the ol' bomb 'n' hope hasn't served us well over a long period of time...we don't finish bottom 4, what more could we ask?

Hopefully we don’t just bomb it long , it was much better last week hitting up players . Teams are too good these days at protecting the hot spot and our forwards are often caught out of position , much rather the forwards lead at the player with the ball as it comes in , think I’d play Marshall on the forward flank , Georgiades is a stronger mark and deserves the second forward spot at the moment .
It’ll be interesting to see how Visentini goes this week . Sinn is another one to see if he’s going to be a player . Burgoyne and Mead the other two getting there young players , good on them for putting in the work , they’re on the cusp now of being regular best 23 .
Due for a bigger Trav Boak game , I wouldn’t say he’s been poor but isn’t having a lot of impact considering he’s missing his shots at goal. .
Hawks are a bit undermanned in defence with Sicily and Scrimshaw out so hopefully we can get some cohesion among the tall forwards , .
Good luck to the team . Go Port

Would really like to smash the hawks today, but the rationale me knows it will not play out like that. Working until 1430 so will saunter home and perhaps watch it with a glass of red whilst watching mr. gbear make dinner.

Would really like to smash the hawks today, but the rationale me knows it will not play out like that. Working until 1430 so will saunter home and perhaps watch it with a glass of red whilst watching mr. gbear make dinner.
Hawks board seem pretty optimistic, esp with their forwards.
No one fears us I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the Hawks live last week. Cannot see Port losing to a team with their two best backs missing ( Scrimshaw Sicily )
Their two key forwards being Chol and a 3rd gamer 18 year old.

Their main strengths and form bounce …
Meek the ruckman is turning into a serious player.
An abundance of goal kicking small forwards Dylan Moore , Ginnivan , Bruest and Watson

Your A grade onballers on a fast Adelaide track would have to have stinkers for this to be close

Port easing up by 28 points

Hawks, St K, WCE, Richmond and Norf all have not much talent, and Tassie will raid the talent stocks before they are relevant. These clubs are gonna be in some pain for a few years yet, and even if they do rise they’ll always be a few players short for a flag tilt after Tassie extraction.

We felt the GWS and Suns hard, but bloody happy with where our list is at in this regard atm.
Out of those clubs, I think North has the most potential of young players. I really like their players but they need some tall timber.

It is really good to see Dante favoured on form. It wouldn't have bothered me if Sweet came back in but it is just nice to see a young player with some really good form, albeit one game, stay in and hopefully solidify and possibly excel and really add to the team.

Saw the Hawks live last week. Cannot see Port losing to a team with their two best backs missing ( Scrimshaw Sicily )
Their two key forwards being Chol and a 3rd gamer 18 year old.

Their main strengths and form bounce …
Meek the ruckman is turning into a serious player.
An abundance of goal kicking small forwards Dylan Moore , Ginnivan , Bruest and Watson

Your A grade onballers on a fast Adelaide track would have to have stinkers for this to be close

Port easing up by 28 points
It’s those goal kicking smalls that are the concern. Collingwood and Adelaide badly exposed the lack of small lock down defenders.

Port should have the class in the midfield and up forward (noting Hawthorn’s defensive outs).

Port really need a small lock down defender. But they don’t really exist in the AFL anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back