2nds South Adelaide vs Yartapuulti - Round 7 @ Noarlunga

Remove this Banner Ad

32 shots to 9 against the 9th ranked SANFL side, surely you’re taking the piss. It’s the club that has let it come to this.
It’s nothing to do with the club. The rules of top ups are a joke. Crows have way more depth than us, especially midfield depth, and they get slaughtered as well. We need to get out of this pissant league asap.

Holy mother of J****.
Looked at that South side and new 3 players.
Would struggle to beat a top Ammo's side, yet they anhilliated us.
WTF????

Embarrasing. Disgraceful. Un-Port Adelaide.

What have we stooped to? And how has it come to this?
Mothball the PB's until we have a team that won't trash the guernsey.

Holy mother of J****.
WTF????

Embarrasing. Disgraceful. Un-Port Adelaide.

What have we stooped to? And how has it come to this?
Mothball the PB's until we have a team that won't trash the guernsey.
I did the same exercise as you.

Could barely acknowledge a name in the South line up.

We had 400 games of key position AFL experience in our team.

52 points down at the half, lost by 70+.

The club can blame the SANFL all they want - and what an excuses football club we have become, where everything is someone else’s fault - but the general malaise and lack of effort around Port’s SANFL program is a disgrace.

Last edited:
I can't recall South ever smashing the Maggies to the tune of 32 scoring shots to 9 in my many years of being a supporter and then a member from the very early 1970's until I pulled the pin on the kok/kern regime at the end of the 2020 season, or even the extremely strong Sturt teams during their golden 5 flags in a row run in the mid to late 1960's.

I didn't attend yesterday's game but for anyone who did you have my commiserations, having to watch gutless crap like that from any team that was supposed to be representing the PAFC must have been beyond excruciating, and as for those who say it's only the magoos so it doesn't matter I will recycle a comment made by a late Carlton president and say `Pig's Arse!' to that, and follow it up with the old `a chain is only as strong as its weakest link,' a couple of injuries to key players, particularly mid fielders and the Power would drop back into the pack regardless of who the coach is.

As for giving up our zones and any chance of junior development to where we now have to borrow the sons of past champions from the likes of WWT including a kid who could have been born in Queen street Alberton, there is absolutely zero evidence that it has improved the Power's chances of winning an AFL flag, but unfortunately plenty that the Maggies are now absolute cannon fodder in a league they previously dominated for many decades, and as for the sanfl giving what has been described as the best recruiting ground in Australia to f****** Nord, no-one will ever convince me that wasn't the up yours of all up yours to the PAFC, Benny Hill couldn't have written a better script than that!

I know they didn't wear the PB's in that debacle yesterday but I'm on the same page as those who want it mothballed asap, there have been way too many weak campaigners who have destroyed it's legacy under this mouth breathing kok lead regime, and as has already been pointed out any national reserves comp is still years away!

I can't recall South ever smashing the Maggies to the tune of 32 scoring shots to 9 in my many years of being a supporter and then a member from the very early 1970's until I pulled the pin on the kok/kern regime at the end of the 2020 season, or even the extremely strong Sturt teams during their golden 5 flags in a row run in the mid to late 1960's.

I didn't attend yesterday's game but for anyone who did you have my commiserations, having to watch gutless crap like that from any team that was supposed to be representing the PAFC must have been beyond excruciating, and as for those who say it's only the magoos so it doesn't matter I will recycle a comment made by a late Carlton president and say `Pig's Arse!' to that, and follow it up with the old `a chain is only as strong as its weakest link,' a couple of injuries to key players, particularly mid fielders and the Power would drop back into the pack regardless of who the coach is.

As for giving up our zones and any chance of junior development to where we now have to borrow the sons of past champions from the likes of WWT including a kid who could have been born in Queen street Alberton, there is absolutely zero evidence that it has improved the Power's chances of winning an AFL flag, but unfortunately plenty that the Maggies are now absolute cannon fodder in a league they previously dominated for many decades, and as for the sanfl giving what has been described as the best recruiting ground in Australia to f****** Nord, no-one will ever convince me that wasn't the up yours of all up yours to the PAFC, Benny Hill couldn't have written a better script than that!

I know they didn't wear the PB's in that debacle yesterday but I'm on the same page as those who want it mothballed asap, there have been way too many weak campaigners who have destroyed it's legacy under this mouth breathing kok lead regime, and as has already been pointed out any national reserves comp is still years away!
Sadly, the truest of true words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly, the truest of true words.
I had a meal at the Victoria hotel about 3 weeks ago with a couple of mates who are brothers and I know from our time at Camden in the mid 1970's.

Both were decent suburban footballers, John played in a Glenelg colts flag back in the day and both are luke warm Glenelg and Crow's supporters, but neither are over the top types.

Bob transferred to Qld 25 odd years ago with Telstra and still lives there, but he comes back to Adelaide once a year to catch up with family and friends.
When the conversation turned to footy he said to me `what has happened to the Maggies, doesn't your club care about them any more?' :think:

Exactly what I'd expect from a Hartlett coached team
Hartlett is about as unPort Adelaide a person as we have had, and on par with Hinkley and Koch in having no sense of what the PAFC was once about. I found him an overrated player who was too often content to accept we weren’t good enough. His coaching results are no surprise even allowing for the fact he has both hands, feet and balls tied behind his back.

It’s nothing to do with the club. The rules of top ups are a joke. Crows have way more depth than us, especially midfield depth, and they get slaughtered as well. We need to get out of this pissant league asap.

Don't know that the crows have more depth than us, they have a lot more of those tweeners, too good for sanfl, not good enough for AFL. Now that they have a few injuries, both their teams suffer.

We've tended to clear those types out but because we trade out early draft picks we have a lot of young footballers who need work.

The crash of both teams is noticeable. They were much better than us the past few years and should have won a premiership. Now they are not competitive.

We were at least a solid mid-tier team the past few years, not a top threat but played finals last year. Now we're peak Woodville.

Holy mother of J****.
One of the debutantes had outscored us in the first quarter and was only trailing us by a point at half time.

We are rubbish. :(

My memory of the Richmond prelim where Hartlett got pinged for the free in Richmond's F50 and then having the opportunity to make amends where he instead kicked it into the man on the mark will always stick to me.

Bring back Timmy G.
He's just as bad though. Has a profile but won't rock the boat as he knows where he's other income stream is.

People like Timmy G were vital in us turning the ship around in the 2010s, but now they're nowhere to be seen. Maybe the Koch-Hinkley-Richardson infernal trinity makes them think it's all too hard, but the OneClub campaign is essentially what we need again - to break the shackles of mediocity and cronyism that has infected this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back