Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Lorenz and Anasta is they'd be on a 5 day break, and are not apparently being pulled from the Maggies game.

Evans, Clurey, Burton and McEntee are, and also Finlayson is available.
Maybe Burton to a wing, where he may be more suited, just gotta get Bergs to halfback, where hes a natural.

if u watch the SPP injury you see his knee is bent and it twists, this is how you typically tear your ACL, jon ralph said that our doctors did 'the acl test' and the result was that we cant rule out the possibility he tore his acl. he is an intergral part of our team as he brings pressure as well as good forward craft, he also keeps jed McEntee out of the side lol.

lets hope rozee hasnt damaged his hammy and he just got ruled out with 'hammy awarness' like wines. he was in alot of pain and couldnt accelarate when he got back on the ground, its probs more likely he has a strain like jhf did. 3/5 mids have had hammy issues this year, not sure what our strength and conditioning coaches are doing with our mids this year.

Problem with Lorenz and Anasta is they'd be on a 5 day break, and are not apparently being pulled from the Maggies game.

Evans, Clurey, Burton and McEntee are, and also Finlayson is available.
Bold a certainties to come in. Burton for Aliir, Finlayson for Powell-Pepper. Remember that our best performance for this year came when we played Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades against Essendon. All four are different types of forwards and Finlayson playing allows Marshall to play more of a roaming centre-half role which is when he's at his best.

Italics is a certainty to be an emergency and is being pulled just in case something happens to one of Zerk-Thatcher or Ratugolea.

Mead will get a starting gig to replace Rozee.

Evans and McEntee will be fighting over the sub role.

if u watch the SPP injury you see his knee is bent and it twists, this is how you typically tear your ACL, jon ralph said that our doctors did 'the acl test' and the result was that we cant rule out the possibility he tore his acl. he is an intergral part of our team as he brings pressure as well as good forward craft, he also keeps jed McEntee out of the side lol.
The fact he was walking pretty much unaided is also a tell take sign.

Potentially unpopular opinion but on current form neither Aliir or SPP are big losses.

That’s not unpopular…. But saying the midfield was better when 1 rotation short probably is. The preference is that it isn’t the captain who is out, but since Wines, Butters, Rozee, Drew and JHF have been in the same team, the midfield has sucked.

Big effort balls like JHF need to just grind away in the middle. He was excellent during the last quarter when he basically played the whole quarter in the middle.

I know Sinn is injured, but when do we cut our losses with the SANFL and throw him into the team?

Boak hasn’t done much wrong on the wing, but can you imagine the starting wings of Burgoyne and Sinn? They won’t try it this week, but if Farrell has another useless game, I can see calls to push Bergman back, bring in Sinn and drop Farrell.

I know Sinn is injured, but when do we cut our losses with the SANFL and throw him into the team?

Boak hasn’t done much wrong on the wing, but can you imagine the starting wings of Burgoyne and Sinn? They won’t try it this week, but if Farrell has another useless game, I can see calls to push Bergman back, bring in Sinn and drop Farrell.
I don't have to imagine Sinn on the wing, I've seen it. Lots of clangers and running out of gas half way through the 1st quarter.

I don't have to imagine Sinn on the wing, I've seen it. Lots of clangers and running out of gas half way through the 1st quarter.
We use to say the same about Burgoyne, but he has come on massively this year.

Sinn needs to get his body right. Then anything is possible.

We use to say the same about Burgoyne, but he has come on massively this year.

Sinn needs to get his body right. Then anything is possible.

Burgoyne has always shown glimpses of potential, he's just a typical young player who has taken a few years to put it all together and find his feet at the level.

If we're being honest, Sinn is basically a fantasy at this point. Drafted on under 16/17 form in 2019/2020, didn't play much in his draft year and hasn't shown anything at all since being drafted. Everything is screaming bust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I wanna see this week is positivity coming out of alberton. No negative rubbish no woe is me with injuries

Give this team a mental out we might as well forfeit next week.

it’s a hinkley specialty to give them a mental out.
In the Mark Williams era, with our injury outs I would have been extremely confident of a backs-to-the-wall win on Thursday night.

In the Ken Hinkley era, I am confident of an absolute capitulation. He’d be pissing his pants already.

The racists are one of the worst clubs right now. This should be a cakewalk and we should have all the confidence even with a couple of outs.

We dont though. We'll probably lose. And we all know why.
...Because its a big game and someone has to lose.

I don't think we'll risk Rozee but we'll definitely risk DBJ.

The issue with the injuries is the lack of depth in the SANFL team and the short turn around. Port have been somewhat lucky not to have multiple key first 23 injuries, but Port are badly about to be exposed.

Dropping McEntee and Burton was 100% correct, but I have a feeling they will come straight back in next week after half a game for a the magpies. Given that Jackson, Mackenzie, Narkle, Sinn, Lord, McCullum and Scully are all on the injury lists, it leaves a very shallow pool.

Let’s have a look at today’s named SANFL team:

Forward options
Anastasopoulos. Young and raw. Won’t debut off a short break. Not really a like for like for SPP
Charleson. Same.
Lorenzo. Same.
Evans. Emergencies this week. So maybe
McEntee. Not overly exciting….

Midfield
Literally no one. Given Jackson, Narkle and Sinn are all injured. Lorenzo is listed as midfielder, but is probably more likely to debut as a forward pocket and is still some way off that.

CHB
Marshall. Raw, needs more time.
Walsh. Very raw
Clurey. Been training on the wing

Not considered
Visintini - as he is a ruck

Port have zero depth.

So unfortunately, it will likely be something like:

Finlayson for SPP
Mead into the 22 for Rozee
Burton for Aliir
McEntee as sub.