Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

if were smart with player management.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Assuming that Berry is not available, I think we'll see Smith and Murphy back in, and Butts for Borlase. One out will obviously be Pedlar, I'm guessing the other one will be McHenry.

Outside chance of Curtin as well given he's racking it up in the SANFL, particularly if Smith is not fit. Not quite sure who he would come in for, maybe Hamill. I actually think Hamill has been okay but if Curtin was to get a game it would have to be ahead of one of the defensive running types and he'd be the one to come out if Smith is also coming in.

In: Murphy, Butts, Smith and/or Curtin
Out: McHenry, Pedlar, Borlase, possibly Hamill

Assuming that Berry is not available, I think we'll see Smith and Murphy back in, and Butts for Borlase. One out will obviously be Pedlar, I'm guessing the other one will be McHenry.

Outside chance of Curtin as well given he's racking it up in the SANFL, particularly if Smith is not fit. Not quite sure who he would come in for, maybe Hamill. I actually think Hamill has been okay but if Curtin was to get a game it would have to be ahead of one of the defensive running types and he'd be the one to come out if Smith is also coming in.

In: Murphy, Butts, Smith and/or Curtin
Out: McHenry, Pedlar, Borlase, possibly Hamill
Hamill has been ******* s**t, he was worst on ground today. Curtin would be in the top 3 players on the ground in the SANFL today playing that exact same role, it's the easiest change of all time.

While the coaches love Murphy, he's also near WOG in the SANFL today, even our coaches are surely not that dumb.

I'm sure they want Smith back in straight away, so just do that for Pedlar. I also wouldn't be rushing to bring back Butts on his performance today.

I would play Karl Gallagher before Lachlan Murphy

Athletic, kicks goals sometimes (which Murphy doesn't) and when he gets confused about where to be because he's just learning the game, he's offering about as much as Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamill has been ******* s**t, he was worst on ground today. Curtin would be in the top 3 players on the ground in the SANFL today playing that exact same role, it's the easiest change of all time.

While the coaches love Murphy, he's also near WOG in the SANFL today, even our coaches are surely not that dumb.

I'm sure they want Smith back in straight away, so just do that for Pedlar. I also wouldn't be rushing to bring back Butts on his performance today.
Hamill wasn't anything special against North but I think he'd had some good games since he came back in, particularly against Carlton. I also think he's benefiting from the running half-back role being thin on the ground at the moment with injuries to Milera, Parnell and currently Smith. As I said he's the obvious omission if they want to bring in both Curtin and Smith though. I'd like to see Ryan get a game personally, think he could easily be better than Hamill.

Definitely not saying I want Murphy back in but I don't think the SANFL form is going to be the key issue. McHenry has been awful and should really come out, and Murphy would be the like for like.

Here is an opportunity for a good news story Nicksy.

Time to bring in Curtin.

I don't think he will blood a player in a showdown. Both Dowling and Curtin will play Sanfl.

We won a game. The only change will be forced change. Smith will certainly come back.

I don't think he will blood a player in a showdown. Both Dowling and Curtin will play Sanfl.

We won a game. The only change will be forced change. Smith will certainly come back.

Baptism of fire but Nicksy is wondering about the insect living on his head.

Curtin will play AFL this week, as confident as I've been that he will based on his SANFL performance today. Dowling hasn't been great so won't be near it, but Curtin putting in a top 3 performance on the ground type game is something even Nicks can't ignore now. Oskar Ryan should be very close as well, better than anything Hamill has done at AFL or SANFL level.

Did they give any update on Pedlar during the game?

Seemed a stock-standard shoulder dislocation. Hopefully went back in clean.

He already had the shoulder taped up. Has he dislocated it before?

Not sure about a dislocation, but he had a shoulder injury in the year before he was drafted, and then another one they year after. He always wear the shoulder taping, I think.

Back