Prediction Changes v Freo Dockers (a.k.a the Mundy's Experts thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've cooled on my anxiety around Darcy coming in and playing defence.

He has Papa keath and brother Cordy to take heat off and provide direction.

If Freo are smart, they would put Bailey Banfield in their forward line.

I understand Laith is a similar replacement player for JJ but his form has been well below standard for a call up.

Has the club ruled a line through Toby at AFL level this season to prepare him for next year? Hunter as well, pushing McNeil & Garcia more forward than wing.

I understand Laith is a similar replacement player for JJ but his form has been well below standard for a call up.

Has the club ruled a line through Toby at AFL level this season to prepare him for next year? Hunter as well, pushing McNeil & Garcia more forward than wing.
Think he needs to trim down a bit and get his zip back to have a chance but if a West or Weightman type go down can see him coming in

I would have played him forward instead of Bruce. Reality is Bruce may never come back, the game waits for no one and it gets quicker each year. Mobility and being able to run is so important. He might get it back, but its no where near there at the moment and he shouldn't be gifted games.
Wont determine if we win this weekend but I think you need to priortise guys like Buka who have upside.
Playing Buku as a forward is gifting games. I don't think he has any forward nous at all. He is athletic and a nice kick but so far from a natural footballer it isnt funny. Playing in the backline is where he'll make a career for himself

Dockers have a few dangerous running HBFs, maybe the idea is for Laith to come in as a defensive forward on a Jordan Clark type to try and slow him down a bit?

We need Laiths pace and pressure with JJ out, none of our other small forwards are super quick really. Obviously Laith doesn’t have the finishing of JJ but he’s played some pretty good footy for us.

Unfortunately McLean doesn’t have that same pace at the moment, he’d be in I suspect if it was West/Cody out

I would have played him forward instead of Bruce. Reality is Bruce may never come back, the game waits for no one and it gets quicker each year. Mobility and being able to run is so important. He might get it back, but its no where near there at the moment and he shouldn't be gifted games.
Wont determine if we win this weekend but I think you need to priortise guys like Buka who have upside.

Nah, I would settle Buku as a backman and develop him there.
Darcy, English and potentially Lobb will mean there’s plenty of cover for Bruce.

After a whole season of perplexing selections, Beveridge has out done himself this week.

I don't know what he is up to - yet when I look at the selections of any other side in the AFL - I get what they are trying to do.
Beveridge is one out of the box. It seems to me - we are left with a stark assessment - Either Bevo is the smartest coach in the AFL who is getting the best results possible out of the available list - or he is not and his left of field approach is harming our potential

I like Laith and has had some ripper games for us over the last few years, his body has obviously let him down repeatedly, but if I were one of the other VFL guys who sees Laith coming into the 22 after 6 and 7 touches (1 goal) the last two weeks, I would be pretty disappointed and confused. Again, I haven't watched the games, so maybe there's more to it but would have to be a lot of great pressure or running that doesn't show on the stats.
Has gone missing for long periods in those 2 games. Almost invisible infact. Not promoted on form that's for certain.
Forgot to add, doesn't look fit either.

Dockers have a few dangerous running HBFs, maybe the idea is for Laith to come in as a defensive forward on a Jordan Clark type to try and slow him down a bit?

That Hayden Young kid is impressive goes like a Jet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sub-selection critical here given poor Laith will be riding the pine with hamstring 'awareness' as of midway through the 2nd.

I smell me some Robbie McComb ...
After his last injury Chris Bell said they would be working on strategies to manage Laith’s recurring soft-tissue problems. Let’s hope they work…

We could definitely be seeing Darcy Vs Lobb

And then Darcy following him into the ruck…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shows a fair bit more than older brother, former Dog Lachie, who would qualify as one of the dud brothers we've recruited over the years.

Let's name a few dud brothers :) and hopefully understand it's all a bit of fun : ) if you have played any AFL game you really aren't a dud and have achieved the dream of many who don't achieve the outcome of playing an AFL game but here goes :)

Chris Grant brother Jamie Grant

Simon Atkins brother Paul Atkins

?

Let's name a few dud brothers :) and hopefully understand it's all a bit of fun : ) if you have played any AFL game you really aren't a dud and have achieved the dream of many who don't achieve the outcome of playing an AFL game but here goes :)

Chris Grant brother Jamie Grant

Simon Atkins brother Paul Atkins

?
The 2000s were peak dud brother recruitment. Patrick Bowden, Sam Power, Andrejs Everitt and Brett Goodes all had much better brothers elsewhere

Shows a fair bit more than older brother, former Dog Lachie, who would qualify as one of the dud brothers we've recruited over the years.
Perhaps a tad unfair. Lachie was recruited at No 6 in the 2018 Rookie Draft. Hayden was recruited at No 7 in the 2019 National Draft.
Lachie's now played 32 games for North which is a very reasonable return for a rookie pick.
Hayden is a gun. Would walk into any team in the comp. Composed, strong, very good disposal. It would be great to lure him back to Melbourne one day.

That Hayden Young kid is impressive goes like a Jet

Very impressive, one of the best young HBF's in the league and will be AA in the next few years. I didn't mention him as he's not as much damaging run and carry yet which you can try and tag in a game like a Clark. Young is more an interceptor and in the chain type ball getter, but definitely someone we need to watch for sure.

Nah, I would settle Buku as a backman and develop him there.
Darcy, English and potentially Lobb will mean there’s plenty of cover for Bruce.

I like Buka in defence as well yet in todays game you can’t be off and like it or not Bruce is way off at the moment, been a man down for 3 weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back