Prediction Changes v Freo Dockers (a.k.a the Mundy's Experts thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like a a stretch considering Darcy has mostly played defence since arriving, played defence last week, the coach has said he’ll start in defence, he’s named in defence and the club has said we’re not sending Naughty back repeatedly and we’ve shown zero signs of sending Naughty back.

Could he possibly just follow Lobb all day both down back and then into the ruck? Probably could but it’s a lot to ask on debut, would rather just sit him in defence all day and not over complicate things
Thinking Keith and Cordy take their talls and we let Darcy float around defence trying to get a heap of intercept marks. Takes some pressure off him and plays to his current strengths

Thinking Keith and Cordy take their talls and we let Darcy float around defence trying to get a heap of intercept marks. Takes some pressure off him and plays to his current strengths
Yeah absolutely that would be ideal! I think thats what we’re planning to do as he’s the replacement for Buku (Keath for Gardner)

Really keen to see him in this role, it’s something we’ve been seriously lacking this year. I think he can be a genuine weapon for us rather than our other defenders who more fit into a role and the less we see of them the better really.

He’s genuinely a sublime kick too so the more we get the ball into his hands on the switch over Cordy/Gardner etc the better, he’s happy to pull the trigger on a more direct option, and has a raking kick

Looking at the makeup of the team, still in defence. Keath/Darcy/Cordy/Dale/Richards/Treloar/Daniel. I doubt we'll see Williams in the backline.
Really doubling down on this whole defence which can’t defend method. Would be maybe okay if we also didn’t allow the ball to roll in freely, if we could put some ******* pressure on the ball carrier for once (and man the mark) we could attack off half back with Dale, Daniel, Treloar & Red better than anyone. Too bad they don’t get that opportunity as most entries are uncontested marks and shots on goal

Really doubling down on this whole defence which can’t defend method. Would be maybe okay if we also didn’t allow the ball to roll in freely, if we could put some ******* pressure on the ball carrier for once (and man the mark) we could attack off half back with Dale, Daniel, Treloar & Red better than anyone. Too bad they don’t get that opportunity as most entries are uncontested marks and shots on goal
It helps that they dropped Henry & Colyer. If I were the Dockers I'd be going for super quick ball movement and speed in the front half. Removing those players benefits us IMO.

With those outs it makes sense that Darcy will primarily play back but it'd be great if he got used as an old fashioned swing man with the odd hurst forward..

Imagine seeing him clunk 1 or 2 forward, standing 10-15 cm taller than Naughts and Jamarra. People will lose their sh.t.

Buku stiff but squeezed out I think. 4 talls in the backline would be too many especially as the other 3 are not overly mobile. I think the MC preferred Cordy over Buku because he’s had a good stint of form in the 2’s, played well last week and has a bit more experience to help Darcy along. Buku should watch Fredericks play and model his game on him. Love his dash and dare.

Buku stiff but squeezed out I think. 4 talls in the backline would be too many especially as the other 3 are not overly mobile. I think the MC preferred Cordy over Buku because he’s had a good stint of form in the 2’s, played well last week and has a bit more experience to help Darcy along. Buku should watch Fredericks play and model his game on him. Love his dash and dare.
Agree, but I think they have chosen Treloar in defence over Buku. We should have their talls covered so unless Walters turns back the clock our habit of getting burned by small forwards shouldn't come back to haunt us. Although Shultz is a handy player.

Wonder who they'll send Aish too.

Agree, but I think they have chosen Treloar in defence over Buku. We should have their talls covered so unless Walters turns back the clock our habit of getting burned by small forwards shouldn't come back to haunt us. Although Shultz is a handy player.

Wonder who they'll send Aish too.
I would have played him forward instead of Bruce. Reality is Bruce may never come back, the game waits for no one and it gets quicker each year. Mobility and being able to run is so important. He might get it back, but its no where near there at the moment and he shouldn't be gifted games.
Wont determine if we win this weekend but I think you need to priortise guys like Buka who have upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laith Vandermeer into the 2022 for JJ who is out with an ankle. Thought Toby would be the logical change here, Laith's VFL stats look pretty ordinary the last few weeks coming off a long hammy (I think).

Has anyone watched his games? Better play than stats or was only playing limited minutes as an AFL emergency etc?

There is hope for Mccomb or Hanna yet. JJ out VDM in haven't seen who has been added as emergency yet
Wait. Is JJ out? I just did my Pieman team. Replaced by Very Dodgy (hamstring) Muscles. Is there no one else. What about Robbie? Surely hes a better choice....oh wait, its part of the plan, McLean to be sub, VDM to hit Freo hard for a quarter, ping a string and unleash Toby...Bev, you are a ******* genius :p

Wait. Is JJ out? I just did my Pieman team. Replaced by Very Dodgy (hamstring) Muscles. Is there no one else. What about Robbie? Surely hes a better choice....oh wait, its part of the plan, McLean to be sub, VDM to hit Freo hard for a quarter, ping a string and unleash Toby...Bev, you are a ******* genius :p

Laith Vandermeer into the 2022 for JJ who is out with an ankle. Thought Toby would be the logical change here, Laith's VFL stats look pretty ordinary the last few weeks coming off a long hammy (I think).

Has anyone watched his games? Better play than stats or was only playing limited minutes as an AFL emergency etc?
From what I've seen he looked decidedly VFL level.

Agree IM, lack lusture is what best describes his recent VFL outings? Maybe playing senior footy will lift his output?
We can only hope. My big worry with Vandermeer is that he looked a breath of fresh air when he was young but hasn't got the tools to cash in on early potential. Especially when considering his injury history.

I like Laith and has had some ripper games for us over the last few years, his body has obviously let him down repeatedly, but if I were one of the other VFL guys who sees Laith coming into the 22 after 6 and 7 touches (1 goal) the last two weeks, I would be pretty disappointed and confused. Again, I haven't watched the games, so maybe there's more to it but would have to be a lot of great pressure or running that doesn't show on the stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back