Fixture Changes V Port Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Keath, Crozier, McComb
IN: O’Brien, Cleary, Weightman

Normally I’d advocate for Gardner to be in but I think he needs a couple more weeks to find his feet. O’Brien was decent in the VFL today. Cleary one of our best. McLean had an all time incredible game in the VFL, but we should be letting him back it up for a couple weeks, build up some consistent form then bring him in. Weightman sounds like he’s ready to go so is an easy upgrade on McComb up forward

In: Gardner, Cleary, McLean
Out: Keath, Crozier, McComb

Weightman in for Hannan if deemed fit but I expect he needs monitored game time coming back from that sort of injury in the VFL. Cleary over Duryea just to reward form.

In Busslinger Cleary McLean

Out Keath Crozier McComb

Anybody saying Dureya before Cleary watch the vfl replay.3 or 4 times caught htb.l remember that magnificent play in the finals against Brisbane too.It was 2 seasons ago.
Give Cleary a chance he might surprise !
Busslinger is going to be good and l would play him as soon as possible.
McLean had a bad game which was still better than McComb.Because he at least is AFL level.
I hope we take Garner in the mid season draft he is just what we need

Out: Keath (inj), Crozier (inj), McComb
In: O’Brien, Cleary, McNeil

I didn’t see too much of the VFL game, so all of this can only be taken with a grain of salt. It looked like Gardner was still a little off. I don’t have much faith in O’Brien so maybe a not quite ready Gardner is still a better option but thought he was ok and maybe deserves one last chance. Cleary keeps showing signs and makes sense for Crozier. As awesome as McLean was, he is not getting that role at AFL level so don’t see him coming in, potentially as sub. I would rather West and McNeil over Hannan and McComb at AFL level but both were unsighted and hard to push for a recall. Hannan was good in the last at least and may save his spot. McComb is out of his depth and surely can’t stay in the 22. Jones was quiet but deserves an extended stint to find his feet.

B: O’Brien, Jones, Johannisen
HB: Dale, Bruce, Richards

R: English, Liberatore, Macrae
C: Smith, Bontempelli, Baker

HF: Treloar, Ugle-Hagan, Scott

F: Lobb, Naughton, Jones

I: Cleary, Williams, Daniel, Hannan
S: McNeil

*If Weightman is available, straight in as well.

I've seen a few people on twitter that have been critical about Josh Bruce in defence today.

I thought he's been fairly good so far. Maybe because I had lower expectations

In: Gardner, Cleary, McLean
Out: Keath, Crozier, McComb

Weightman in for Hannan if deemed fit but I expect he needs monitored game time coming back from that sort of injury in the VFL. Cleary over Duryea just to reward form.
I think these changes are best fit for next week.
McNeil was largely invisible for Footscray. Duryea was slow and caught holding several times. West was way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN Gardner, Duryea, Weightman, McLean (sub)
OUT Keath, Crozier, McComb, Hannan

FB Duryea, L Jones, Bruce
HB Richards, Gardner, Dale
C Baker, Bontempelli, Scott
HF Daniel, Naughton, Macrae
FF Weightman, Lobb, A Jones
FOL English, Liberatore, Treloar
INT Johannisen, Ugle-Hagan, Williams, B Smith
SUB McLean

Ports probably one we should go with the 3 genuine talls for, so Gardy back in. His VFL form is irrelevant for mine, we know what we’re gonna get.

Jones, Bruce, Gards to Dixon, Finlayson, Marshall. For Croz Cleary is the obvious swap for mine, injured or not I think that swap is beneficial for the team - hope Crozier is okay though he’s such a likeable player. Doc isn’t a lock for mine, he should work his way in - I feel we’ve seen his best footy unfortunately

McComb for Garcia, McLean, McNeil, West take your pick not overly fussed. Or if we think Cody is up for coming straight in then obviously him, with Arty taking McCombs minutes up the ground.

Ports probably one we should go with the 3 genuine talls for, so Gardy back in. His VFL form is irrelevant for mine, we know what we’re gonna get.

Jones, Bruce, Gards to Dixon, Finlayson, Marshall. For Croz Cleary is the obvious swap for mine, injured or not I think that swap is beneficial for the team - hope Crozier is okay though he’s such a likeable player. Doc isn’t a lock for mine, he should work his way in - I feel we’ve seen his best footy unfortunately

McComb for Garcia, McLean, McNeil, West take your pick not overly fussed. Or if we think Cody is up for coming straight in then obviously him, with Arty taking McCombs minutes up the ground.
Marshall will get a week for his sling tackle. Really only Dixon and old mate Finlayson upfront.

Marshall will get a week for his sling tackle. Really only Dixon and old mate Finlayson upfront.
If that’s the case I’m happy to give Gardner and extra week and run the extra small, or maybe even play Buku as the 3rd tall interceptor - we’ve probably shot ourselves in the foot here though by moving him forward when there’s much more opportunity behind the ball.

On a positive note McComb only played 65% TOG so either he can’t run out a full game or it sort of sank in today that he’s a liability. You can’t be playing the extra small #22 and getting 65% TOG

When was the last time we played port in Melbourne? Feels like we only play them in adelaide.

Last round of 2021. Before that 2015, with a couple of Ballarat games wedged in.

Last time we didn’t play them in Adelaide was 2017.

Georgiadis will likely come in for Marshall in that case I imagine, kicked 3 this weekend.

I still wouldn't be unhappy if we just went with Bruce or Jones and then a guy like Cleary or TOB as third tall, but this is probably a good opportunity to get Gardner back in the team.

In - Gardner, Cleary, McLean
Out - Keath, Crozier, McComb (Hannan can stay as sub)

Weightman is an interesting one, has missed quite a bit of football and it's a long season, don't want to rush him back. At least one game in the VFL might be good if he is available to get some touch and then in against Freo if he plays well?

Want Khamis in this side, would be interesting to see what he could do in the backline now he has experience as a forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out Keath Crozier McComb Hannan
In Gardiner, Duryea, Weightman Cleary

Out Keath Crozier McComb Hannan
In Gardiner, Busslinger, Weightman(west if not available) Cleary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back