Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Hannan, Cleary, Crozier
Out: JOD, Richards, TOB, McNeil

VFL options are very thin for the midfield and forwards. Can’t be playing Naughton/JUH/Lobb/JOD together again

We need to really alter the mix:

Keath to replace JOD
Darcy to replace Gardiner
Cleary to replace injured Richards
West to replace A.Jones
McLean to replace JOD.

Get Naughton up the ground.

I want to see max ferocity. I want to see us win ugly.

Maybe we give Poulter a run. Picked up in the midseason for a reason - might as well see what we’ve got. I can’t agree with bringing West in for 2 games and dropping him in frustration again. We know what he brings - it’s not at the level albeit I’m sure he tries. He’s a decent VFL player with an AFL name.

Ins

Crozier, Keath, Bruce,Darcy,

Outs

Richards (inj), Gardiner (omit), O'brien (Omit) O'Donnell (omit)

We need to really alter the mix:

Keath to replace JOD
Darcy to replace Gardiner
Cleary to replace injured Richards
West to replace A.Jones
McLean to replace JOD.

Get Naughton up the ground.

I want to see max ferocity. I want to see us win ugly.

JOD so bad you dropped him twice ??

I do not see us winning this one. So rest Bont for this game and the North game hopefully we still win without him and the bye to recover from the knee soreness.

Out Bont, Richards inj O'Brien, McNeill as sub surely never again
In Bruce, Crozier, West, sub Buku/Cleary

I will keep saying it but Bevo is to stubborn Naughton back Bruce forward.

Last edited:
Out: O'Brien - never again, McNeil - never again. O'Donnell - continue apprenticeship in VFL. A. Jones - a bit stiff but we need more involvement from his position. Richards - injured, bad loss.
In: Vandermeer: has got to offer more than Artie right now. Bruce: should be FF next week but will do a better job than O'Brien in defence. Cleary - VFL form not outstanding by any means but he should adjust OK at higher level to replace Richards. West: much better player than O'Neil and reliable kick for goal.
Lobb on watch to be replaced by Darcy.
Further Note: Gardner - a decision needs to be made whether he's good enough for AFL level and if there are serious doubts we might as well make it now and ease him out. Keath in if it's a "No" call.

Out: TOB Gardner B.Smith Richards A.Jones McNeil

In: Crozier (Replace TOB) Bruce (Replace Gards) West (Replace Baz) Cleary (Replace Richards) Poulter (Replace Jones) Vandermeer (S)

*Send JOD down back where he looked better then TOB and Gardner last week give West some time on ball that Baz has been getting and butchering

OUT :
Gardner - Papers stamped after last night. Never again file
OBrien - Very close to papers stamped
Arty Jones - needs a spell. Was atrocious last night
ODonell - Nothing against the kid. Think he has talent. But bevo has stuffed him around. Go back to ressies and play the year out.
Mcneil - Cannot miss those gimmes when you are fighting to keep your spot
RedEd - unfortunate

INS :
West - Last chance for him. Give him a 4 week block
Keath - In for Gardner
Bruce/buss - for Obrien
Cleary - give him a crack in eds spot
5th in. Anyone who actually gives a f***

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the 23

Outs
Richards Inj
Mc Neil (play some mid in the VFL and does not get back in until he has multiple big games)
Gardner ( more of a back up now)
TOB ( done)
A Jones (needs to get more of it)

Ins
Bruce (Gardiner's role)
West (run him through the mid rotation as well as forward. Judge him on two way effort)
Cleary ( Richards role)
Vandameer (JJs role down back we need more run)
Poulter on the wing

Play JOD down back in TOB's role
Scott emergency
Naughton high forward
Lobb deep forward

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oskar Baker out please.

Outs:

• Richards (injured)
  • TOB (is not the answer)
  • SOSOD (need to be given a chance to develop)

Ins:

• Crozier - direct for Richards
  • Keath (just xx times better than TOB) and allow Gardner to play third tall where he will be better.
  • Bruce as swingman - just a great player who should be playing

Sub: McNeil - we want flexibility and impact - has has been OK but

- West or Roarke Smith (would love to see Cleary get some exposure also).

In

Bruce as a forward. If he does stuff all helps maintain structure than that's enough.

Naughton in the backline permanently. Turns our backline elite, leave Gardner in with Naughtons precence to continue developing.

O'Donnell's time is up. Jones seems to be feeling the pinch. Baker now has competition from two wingers available for selection that weren't earlier in the season (Poulter and R Smith). McNeil was poor in his quarter but you're looking at a McComb type to replace him and not sure that's what we want.

Tough to know the ins and outs, especially if we want to play Daniel off half back again or not. But there will be four or five changes.

It's obvious to many of us that Bont is hampered by some type of injury: groin, ankle, knee?? In his last few games he has lost his explosive best and his endurance. He seems to be sore and labouring. He should be given a rest as 'Managed' but we are in such a parlous state on field that a Bont on one leg is better than 10 others in the team on two. Not even sure he can last til the bye and even then one week off might not be enough. Not sure what the answer is.

1E1E8039-3ED1-41E1-8EBA-4F8A9D71B3B7.jpeg It's obvious to many of us that Bont is hampered by some type of injury: groin, ankle, knee?? In his last few games he has lost his explosive best and his endurance. He seems to be sore and labouring. He should be given a rest as 'Managed' but we are in such a parlous state on field that a Bont on one leg is better than 10 others in the team on two. Not even sure he can last til the bye and even then one week off might not be enough. Not sure what the answer is.

1E1E8039-3ED1-41E1-8EBA-4F8A9D71B3B7.jpeg
113D8ED0-88FD-42F3-B270-8FB1C03FB46C.jpeg

He didn’t start the game with the knee strapping so something is seriously bothering him. At the game last night he couldn’t cover any ground away from the ball in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back