Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Our listed ins says it all 3 of the 4 are cast offs Poulter and Baker delisted, Duryea unwanted by the hawks filled a role for awhile but well past his best now. Add McNeill rookie list and Coffield not wanted by the saints and we have a lot of bargain basement players. Probably the one bargain basement who could be a player JOD is not in the team after recovering from concussion.
Most recent Norm Smith medallist is ‘bargain basement’. Bobby Hill goes ok, Jordan Dawson more than handy for the Crows. There is a huge list of players who have moved clubs playing well and doing a role for another club. Picken was a rookie pick, Dale Morris. It’s not that simple.

The team as a whole had their lowest pressure rating since 2018, so not sure how you can single out an individual player...

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know. I only mentioned him because somebody said it was realised (after the game?) that he had been less than 100% fit.

I'm not letting anyone off the hook.

Khamis to Walters. Will be a good chance to get some confidence on a first gamer.

Coff to Lukosius. Jones to King. Match ups look fine.
Daniel to Casboult?

Most recent Norm Smith medallist is ‘bargain basement’. Bobby Hill goes ok, Jordan Dawson more than handy for the Crows. There is a huge list of players who have moved clubs playing well and doing a role for another club. Picken was a rookie pick, Dale Morris. It’s not that simple.

Picken,Biggs,Jj,m Boyd,morris,Robert’s,hamling

All rookies , delisted or pre season draft - a third of a premiership team

It’s about system as much as it is about talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Team | Round 2

Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns
Sunday, 24 March, 1:00pm AEDT
Mars Stadium, Ballarat • Wadawurrung
Broadcast: Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Lachie Bramble, Liam Jones, Nick Coffield
HB: Ed Richards, Buku Khamis, Jason Johannisen
C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, Harvey Gallagher
HF: Ryley Sanders, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
F: Rhylee West, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Laitham Vandermeer
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
INT: Oskar Baker, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Dale, Sam Darcy, Caleb Poulter

EMG: Taylor Duryea, Lachlan McNeil, Rory Lobb

In: Oskar Baker, Caleb Poulter, Sam Darcy
Out: James Harmes (suspension), Lachlan McNeil (omitted), Rory Lobb (omitted)

I was referring to the banter over the last 22.5 hours…..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Daniel to Casboult?

They won’t play all 4 at once. And Casboult isn’t a major threat.

The matchups down back I don’t think are a massive issue considering both Walter’s and Lukosius aren’t traditional KP types.

I think we’ve got a good balance.

The matchups down back I don’t think are a massive issue considering both Walter’s and Lukosius aren’t traditional KP types.

That comment about Levi may well come back to haunt us. Underestimate any AFL player at your peril.

Jones won’t leave King and Casboult will still play 60% of the game up forward matched up on Khamis.

That has all the makings of an absolute bloodbath. Casboult is a handy footballer, especially if he’s marked up on someone he has 15kg on.

Hopefully we’re on top so the Suns have to make an early sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones won’t leave King and Casboult will still play 60% of the game up forward matched up on Khamis.

That has all the makings of an absolute bloodbath. Casboult is a handy footballer, especially if he’s marked up on someone he has 15kg on.

Hopefully we’re on top so the Suns have to make an early sub.

We don’t have much of an option really.

I think we’ll be right.

Yeah I’m not giving Bevo a pass mark on that team selection lol. He’s actually done Darcy for Lobb which I’m stoked at, did not see him doing it. So props there.

Replacing McNeil and Harmes with Baker & Poulter isn’t exactly letting him off the hook for mine. What even is the plan with Williams, Baker, Poulter, Gags? Maybe Gags to take Harmes inside mins? Happy to see how he goes but could get absolutely manhandled by the likes of Rowell and Touk if that’s the case.

VDM still in and Macrae still out is inexcusable, genuinely inexcusable - this is still a thing. Every chance Daniel is still sub knowing Bev too.

Defence is ridiculous with Buku against Casboult, and Coffield against Walter with Lucousius likely going back you would think. This is terrible team selection, we were undersized and well beaten against bloody Melbourne of all teams and we think it’ll work against that line up? Only thing that might save us there is Ballarat being a s**t hole for ball movement, but at the same time you need to compete aerially there and we’re not set up to compete aerially in defence at ALL

So no it’s definitely not a passmark for doing some ******* normal things like droppping a bloke who played as bad as McNeil. Overall it’s still a typical Bevo week at the selection committee

Hopefully we get pumped and one more week closer to this campaigner ******* off 👍

Yeah I’m not giving Bevo a pass mark on that team selection lol. He’s actually done Darcy for Lobb which I’m stoked at, did not see him doing it. So props there.

Replacing McNeil and Harmes with Baker & Poulter isn’t exactly letting him off the hook for mine. What even is the plan with Williams, Baker, Poulter, Gags? Maybe Gags to take Harmes inside mins? Happy to see how he goes but could get absolutely manhandled by the likes of Rowell and Touk if that’s the case.

VDM still in and Macrae still out is inexcusable, genuinely inexcusable - this is still a thing. Every chance Daniel is still sub knowing Bev too.

Defence is ridiculous with Buku against Casboult, and Coffield against Walter with Lucousius likely going back you would think. This is terrible team selection, we were undersized and well beaten against bloody Melbourne of all teams and we think it’ll work against that line up? Only thing that might save us there is Ballarat being a s**t hole for ball movement, but at the same time you need to compete aerially there and we’re not set up to compete aerially in defence at ALL

So no it’s definitely not a passmark for doing some ******* normal things like droppping a bloke who played as bad as McNeil. Overall it’s still a typical Bevo week at the selection committee

Hopefully we get pumped and one more week closer to this campaigner ******* off 👍
Baker or Poulter replaces McNeil (who was largely on a wing) and Daniel will take Harmes midfield time, with Sanders hopefully playing a full game.

Baker or Poulter replaces McNeil (who was largely on a wing) and Daniel will take Harmes midfield time, with Sanders hopefully playing a full game.
Yeah probably Poulter I suppose, as he’d be a pretty poor sub IMO. But he can only play wing literally no where else so even with Baker sub (still wouldn’t surprise me if Daniel cos Bevo) where’s Gags fit, takes Mcneils forward minutes?

The team balance is pretty out in the forward half imo, only West and Cody who can genuinely play small forward and they aren’t exactly small forwards, both been playing more half forward.

Basically we’ve got 3 talls and about 7 half forwards (and still no room for Macrae at half forward…)

Dale couldn’t be sub otherwise that’s 6 defenders and 4 wingers, unless Williams goes back I suppose but wouldn’t think that’s likely

I’m not sure that Baker or Poulter can play anywhere but wing, so you would assume one of them will be the sub.

If there are no injuries, you would think that Gallagher will be the tactical sub this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back