Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene is a massive worry, we really don't have an obvious matchup for him. Duryea too small and cooked, Cleary too inexperienced and slight. I just have this sickening feeling we're going to see Gardner try and lock him down.

Greene is a massive worry, we really don't have an obvious matchup for him. Duryea too small and cooked, Cleary too inexperienced and slight. I just have this sickening feeling we're going to see Gardner try and lock him down.
Reckon it'll be Duryea. Greene has too much footy smarts and experience for any of the others.

Cleary in.
japan crying GIF

No idea why was clear as day out of his depth but we knew that as soon as he was selected will be very surprised if Cleary has as little impact
We were in a no win situation. Couldn't really not promote him off of his VFL form but made him play a position he would never be suited to at afl level. As much as I was hoping he could jag a few goals (could've had 2) to offset the the loss in the ruck, it was never going to be more then a one game promotion. Not sure what kills moral quicker, not promoting guys who consistantly kick 3+ goals at VFL level or eventually promoting them only to drop them a week later.

We were in a no win situation. Couldn't really not promote him off of his VFL form but made him play a position he would never be suited to at afl level. As much as I was hoping he could jag a few goals (could've had 2) to offset the the loss in the ruck, it was never going to be more then a one game promotion. Not sure what kills moral quicker, not promoting guys who consistantly kick 3+ goals at VFL level or eventually promoting them only to drop them a week later.
The thing is he’s kicking a lot of his goals when the games are over so the form isn’t as good as it looks

Big in for the Bigfooty selection panel.

In the meantime, it would appear that the actual mc see Cleary as as small medium defender, who needed to bide his time. Not somebody who could slot into the 3rd tall Gardner, Keath replacement as some would have it. That role is clearly being earmarked for O’Donnell.
I think everyone sees him as a small-medium defender, it is what he is and always has been. Most people have been calling for him when Richards was injured, for Doc or in a structure reshape where we don’t have a 3rd tall.

The thing is he’s kicking a lot of his goals when the games are over so the form isn’t as good as it looks
His kicked the first goal of the game on multiple occasions. I think the biggest issue is he is a lead up mark forward. We have naughton and Jamarra aswell as weightman in the ones. When that is Bukus main and arguably only forward skill he was never going to fit in, much like Greene before him. The only way to fit in another marking player is either if they're capable second Ruck and/or capable below their knees.

Long story short, should be in defence.

His kicked the first goal of the game on multiple occasions. I think the biggest issue is he is a lead up mark forward. We have naughton and Jamarra aswell as weightman in the ones. When that is Bukus main and arguably only forward skill he was never going to fit in, much like Greene before him. The only way to fit in another marking player is either if they're capable second Ruck and/or capable below their knees.

Long story short, should be in defence.

Buku would be as confused as the coaching staff about where his best position is and how to play that position.

should have remained in the VFL as a defender and learnt that role in the VFL and in pre seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the rule, if any, with a named sub? Is West the sub regardless or now that Richards is a late out can West come into the team proper and Cleary can be sub? Asking for a pedantic friend.

What’s the rule, if any, with a named sub? Is West the sub regardless or now that Richards is a late out can West come into the team proper and Cleary can be sub? Asking for a pedantic friend.

The way it has been communicated Clearly comes into the starting 22 therefore West still the sub.

That is my reading of it.

The way it has been communicated Clearly comes into the starting 22 therefore West still the sub.

That is my reading of it.
Thanks for that. I am happy Cleary is in but not sure why we picked so many defenders in the first place. I thought moving West into the team with Richards out might address this but InBev we trust. Hope Cleary plays a blinder.

You can do whatever you want really.

In this case Cleary has come into the 22 and West is sub but we could do it the other way if we wanted.

Just have to name your subs like 30 minutes before the match and obviously you can do the Brad/Chris Scott funny bugger late outs then too.

Think you get fined still if you bring someone in who isn’t named an emergency but other than that pretty much anything goes.

No one player can stop the grub Greene, he pushes up to the contest and then sprints back to the F50, good luck having any of our defenders go with him. Key is being switched on enough that he isn't in metres of space when he does work his way back into his forward line.

Buku last week, Cleary this week.

Now what are all you whiney whinger’s gonna whinge about now?

Might have to put the WB Big Footy thread in to liquidation after this weeks game. Absolutely nothing to talk about now for a lot of you!
Wrong. If Cleary has a good game we will rightfully question why he hasn’t come in earlier, given his form and talent warrant it. Plenty of opportunity to melt!!!!!!!

Ed Richards is one of our most important players and his development this season has been a joy to watch. Massive out

Disappointed Richards is out, but certainly plenty of mail about it on here earlier, so no great surprise.
Happy Cleary is in.

Hopefully Cleary plays in defence! :laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back