Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think Bruce needs to go back to the VFL. Buku got held and thrown around in both the ruck and forward. He isn’t a KPP or Ruck.

My suggested changes (A):
Bruce for Lobb
Buku to defence
Duryea for Cleary (Duryea appears cooked, needs to cool off a bit)

My suggested (Bevo Crazy level changes (B)):
Bruce to KPF/Ruck
Buku to third tall defender
Keath to KPD

My preferred changes (C):
Bruce for Busslinger
Buku for Lobb
Duryea for Cleary

I would love to bring in A Jones too…. But can’t see who else to omit. R West?

What are your preferred changes?

Last edited:
Buks for Lobb, Keath & Gardner to play KPDs, Bruce out, Buss as an interceptor. Kid deserves an opportunity.
We're not going too much younger as Lobb for Buks gives us an experience boost

C would be my preferred changes too.

I think Buku will be out for Lobb. Don’t think going back to the one ruck setup was particularly smart and can’t see us going with it again. Unfortunate for Buku who after a long run of good VFL form is straight out but he probably only gets an opportunity if Naughton or Jamarra are out.

Sounds like Busslinger is edging closer. Would be happy to see him get a debut but there’s no rush with him in my view. It does seem like a good time to give him a chance but we’ll see. If I was forced to bet on it, my money would be that Bruce stays in.

I would like to see Cleary get a chance too but have all but given up on that happening this season.

LJizz and JJ both a chance to play, personally I wouldn't risk them or VDM down at Ballarat. Wouldn't be against resting treloar either his far too important to blow a hammy at the freezing mud pit.

In: Lobb, Williams, Cleary, Clarke, A.Jones as sub
Out: Buku, Bruce, Doc, VDM

FB. Cleary Keath Williams
HB. Richards Gardner Dale
C. Poulter B.Smith Baker
HF. West Marra Daniel
FF. Flea Naughton Clarke
R. English Bont Libba
INT. Macrea Scott Treloar Lobb
SUB. Arty

LJizz and JJ both a chance to play, personally I wouldn't risk them or VDM down at Ballarat. Wouldn't be against resting treloar either his far too important to blow a hammy at the freezing mud pit.

In: Lobb, Williams, Cleary, Clarke, A.Jones as sub
Out: Buku, Bruce, Doc, VDM

FB. Cleary Keath Williams
HB. Richards Gardner Dale
C. Poulter B.Smith Baker
HF. West Marra Daniel
FF. Flea Naughton Clarke
R. English Bont Libba
INT. Macrea Scott Treloar Lobb
SUB. Arty
If Jones is ready he plays. Bones are bones. If it’s healed it’s healed imo.

If Jones is ready he plays. Bones are bones. If it’s healed it’s healed imo.
Outside of probably bont and Libba Jones is probably our most important player, especially structurally. I know he is unlikely to damage the arm once it's healed but the risk of a soft tissue in guy like him coming back after a month, getting on in age and being a burst/repeat sprint type player just scares me.

Outside of probably bont and Libba Jones is probably our most important player, especially structurally. I know he is unlikely to damage the arm once it's healed but the risk of a soft tissue in guy like him coming back after a month, getting on in age and being a burst/repeat sprint type player just scares me.
He’s got to play at some point. The medicos will know.

He’s got to play at some point. The medicos will know.
They would deffinetly know more then me, obviously if he and JJ play they've been deemed fit. Will deffinetly be big inclusions but will leave me at home stressing about them going down. The following week under the roof would be a better option to me which still has him a few weeks ahead of schedule.

Out Bruce and Buku

In
Lobb, (Buku made Phillips look like Max Gawn when he went in ruck)

Busslinger played well today and give him a couple of games before Jones is back

In: Lobb Jones Cleary Clarke Buss
Our: Buku Bruce Doc West Keath
I get where you are coming from but MC is never going to make 5 changes to a side that won by 7 goals. Especially if it includes bringing in two debutants and one 2-gamer. Maybe if we were no chance at finals it'd be a chance to "play the kids" but we are a 75% chance of playing finals at this stage.

Lobb and LJones (if fit) seem likely additions and if so then Buku and Bruce seem the obvious outs.

However I have a problem with bringing in two players for one game and dropping them straight away. Especially Buku who needs career development and time to find the pace of the seniors. Why would MC bring him in just to drop him again the next week? It achieves nothing for the side or the player. I suspect it'll happen though. Everyone will applaud when Lobb replaces him but it's been another mysterious episode of team selection in my view. Maybe they were worried Buku would have kicked 10 against the Bullants?

I'd love to see Cleary get a run but I can't see MC dropping Doc. Maybe VDM takes a break? And if Cleary does play, for the love of Dog Bevo, please guarantee him a minimum of two games.

I hate these VFL byes. They are shocking momentum stoppers. Couldn't they at least organise a practice match or something? Richmond VFL side has a bye too. Why not play 4 x 20 minute quarters against them? Or what about ol' mates St Bedes? Surely we could rustle up a game against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Lobb Jones Cleary Clarke Buss
Our: Buku Bruce Doc West Keath
Nice in theory but won't happen after a big win.

Lobb for Buku should definitely
Buss for Bruce absolutely

Both should have been the options this week.

If Jones is available for either Keath or Gards.

Clarke for West would be brave, not sure we have shown brave, more strange.

Would like to see Cleary for Doc for a couple of Games. If it does not work Doc will be fresh for finals

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to see too many changes with a big win but clearly some things didn’t work. We can’t write too much into beating the Bullants - they are the worst team and really no AFL indicative challenges.

Despite that Lobb look bad at the start of the game and stared to lead properly in the second half. Not sure whether that is good or bad but the ruck set up with Buku was terrible. Lobb has not performed as a forward but has done well as a second ruck. If he achieved what he was asked to do in the VFL then comes back.

I would like to see Sweet come in an drop English’s ruck time a bit so he can get a bit of time forward. This has dropped off and while he is going back his value (at least in this way has dropped off).

I agree Khamis didn’t have the best game and looked easily manhandled but I hope he gets another game. I don’t like one game u less they really don’t put in - I think he did put in the effort - set up a goal and lead people away from Naughton. Putting him in the ruck was not his silly idea.

Three 6’6”” defenders was too much and made us to slow - Essendon were able to make space way to easily. Jones will come in if he passes fitness and we need him so that means at least 1 probably two talls out.

Bruce started shockingly but at the end was possibly the best ?? And his metres covered was huge. He is the best athlete - Keath has the best skills and Gardner the best effort. But all were sub par. The plastics have Hogan playing well (Jones/Keath to take him) and others are not stats except Dickface (Duryea is a good match for him). Maybe the week to play Buss or Cleary - and drop Bruce and Gards. Despite this - with Jones especially our bigs are pretty mobile and like Melbourne we can easily play three bigs.

I can’t understand the talk to drop West. He bring an energy and application that puts pressure on the opposition - we all hate when they waltz out of our attack and this doesn’t happen with him in. He also kicked an important goal. Could easily have 2 and had a strong hand in two others. Low possession but high impact. I keep him in and run him in the midfield in bursts.

He is in our best forward line - with all in form at the moment and I think still has tremendous upside as a mid forward.

Weightman JUH Lobb
Jones Naughty West

Scott plays as a great utility playing well in multiple positions.

In a few years it will be:

Weightman JUH Darcy
Jones Naughty Clarke

West will go to Mids.

We want Artie Jones back as soon as possible - he was good but probably needs to make a bit more impact in a couple more games. I wouldn’t be upset if he came back in - I love the energy he brings to the team.

So what I would do:

In: LJizz, Sweet

Out: Bruce, Gardner

Sub: Cleary

In Jones

Lobb for Buku
Jones for Bruce
JJ for either VDM or Duryea

Obviously assuming JJ/Jones are ready to go. I would still like to see Cleary even possibly at Keath’s expense but I don’t think it’s likely this week

I said in another thread but honestly I’d be reshaping the backline big time.

Keath & Gards as the two talls, Ed & Cleary as mediums, VDM, JJ & Dale as the smalls. We’re just not getting anything defensively out of our current crop so why carry an immobile and poorly skilled backline? Change it up and go heavy on pace and skills, we’ll still be just as poor defensively but we could potentially move it from defence a little bit better - just go balls to the wall off half back.

Buku for Lobb is obvious, hopefully today did Lobb some good, again poor opposition of course but he seemed to find some confidence in his marking in the 2nd half.

I’d be keen to get AJ in too as I think our forward line needs the pace and pressure, but I wouldn’t drop West so maybe no room considering Baker, Scott etc played pretty well.

Doc, Buku, Bruce out for Cleary, Lobb & JJ (if fit)

Once L Jones is back I’d like to see him + just 1 of Gardner or keath based on form then surround them with Ed, JJ, Dale, VDM + 1. Plenty of run there.

Would only really make sense if we plan to move the ball a bit quicker though which doesn’t seem to be our jam.

I want to see Cleary in as much as everyone else, but his most logical match up for big chunks would be Toby Greene.

Going from the Bullants to Greene would be one of the steeper rises in challenge imaginable.

Last edited:
Bruce and Buku out
Cleary and Lobb in

as we will make finals my preferred backline is;’

VDM Jones Dale
Ed. Keath JJ

Ed plays on the third tall if the team has one. He then runs off them.
Pace out of the backline is essential against the top 4.
Keath and Jones both have leg speed. Keath needs to stop overthinking when ball in hand. The more he thinks the more he turns it overs.
This back 6 provides similar leg speed than Pies and will break the lines.

I hate the Giants so much, stupid plastic team. Got every priority pick, Ward and our captain and still haven’t won a premiership. Keen to smash them on Saturday. Not to mention Toby Greene

Last edited:
Hopefully Jones and JJ back this week

Jones should be easier to assess as it’s bone and may even be able to wear some type of support to protect to get him to play.

JJ soft tissue harder to assess.

Personally I would bring in Sweet to help against GWS rucks and give Tim more time up forward and unsettle their defenders.
Also it’s hard to keep ignoring Sweet consistent form.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back