Changes v Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure he if he is going to make it or not, but I would much rather give Cleary another shot than go back to the well with Duryea. Great club man and has been good for us when needed in the past, but looks a touch slower and loses his feet etc a bit more in the contest. Just break glass in case of emergency depth at this point you'd think.

Cleary gives us a bit more foot speed and intercept, hopefully he gets a look in if we are going that way. I imagine match committee will probably go the Duryea route though if they add another backman.

I think I agree with the sentiment to just get JOD in if he’s right, not that we should take WCE easy but we can probably carry a slightly underdone key defender this week and agree that it’ll bring him up to speed quicker for next week when we need him, than a VFL hitout.

Hasn’t played a full game but he’s super fit and wouldn’t have lost much match ready wise from a one week ankle and a concussion after a ripping preseason.

Freijahs big bodied but he’s not great aerially at this stage, I wouldn’t be considering him as a replacement for Richards/Coffield whose main strengths are aerially IMO.

Let him grow in the 2s for a while, looks like a very good winger in the making for mine
Yep, wouldn’t be bringing him in off the back of 1 game with ok stats. The gulf in standard is enormous so really want him dominating before getting a look in.

Agree. I don't like to put down our players, but I just don't see it with Poulter. The desperate dive to save the goal was great, but otherwise he had no real impact.

If Baker can attain a degree of consistency, I'd go with him too.
I’ve just called out the difference between the two tiers, but I had really hoped that Poulters VFL Finals last year as a 20 year old (he had 27 disposals, 15 marks and kicked 3.2 in week 1) would have given him the confidence that he’s too good for that level and ready to step up.

Like JOD to be selected if fit. Baker deserves a start. Agree Poulter wasn't great but think he has potential probably will be dropped. Prefer Williams in the backline rather than wing. Macrae with weight of numbers to bulldoze his way into the team.

IN : JOD, Macrae, Baker
OUT : Coffield, Richards, Poulter
SUB : A toss up between Poulter, Harmes and maybe Gallagher.

Think VDM keeps his place. Enjoyed the mongrel in him and apparently closes space well with his speed against the Suns which you don't see on TV. Think he is safe for the next week or two at least.

I reckon VDM stays in. I was in Ballarat and it was clear that a number of times when GC looked like they had free players forward of the ball VDM sprinted hard to get back and cover space. Slowed them down a few times. I suspect the MC will value that highly.
Good to hear our great game even provides roles for fumbling turnover merchants.

Like JOD to be selected if fit. Baker deserves a start. Agree Poulter wasn't great but think he has potential probably will be dropped. Prefer Williams in the backline rather than wing. Macrae with weight of numbers to bulldoze his way into the team.

IN : JOD, Macrae, Baker
OUT : Coffield, Richards, Poulter
SUB : A toss up between Poulter, Harmes and maybe Gallagher.

Think VDM keeps his place. Enjoyed the mongrel in him and apparently closes space well with his speed against the Suns which you don't see on TV. Think he is safe for the next week or two at least.
If you have 3 out and Baker is one of the 3 ins and Poulter is an out, Gallagher is in the 22 and can't be the sub

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you have 3 out and Baker is one of the 3 ins and Poulter is an out, Gallagher is in the 22 and can't be the sub

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep your right. I like to make my answers to life's big questions as confusing as possible.
Just thinking that Gallagher might be a sneaky out at the last minute and poulter kept. Anyway. Did someone say KFC.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was Baker last weekend!
That long run down the wing and 3 goals was spectacular.
He has some real speed and good ball control in not f$%king up the bouncing
Genuinely is one of our safest set shots too, he loves that right footer from the boundary swear he’s already kicked 4 or so of them for us in his small amount of games. I was so confident he was kicking that!

I’ve never been the biggest fan due to his tendency to chuck the ball on the boot and just all around pretty scrappy with his disposal but he’s locked himself in for a month long shot at that wing with that game alone IMO, only has to clean up his disposal a little and positive signs that maybe he has done that.

Bevo has a cheat code in throwing Darcy into the ruck and English forward if Barrass/Mcgovern are able to lock down Jamarra and Naughton. No excuses this time round against West Coast at home.
Darcy's ability under the high ball is outstanding too. A guy who is that tall who can time his jump that well is near impossible to defend.

Genuinely is one of our safest set shots too, he loves that right footer from the boundary swear he’s already kicked 4 or so of them for us in his small amount of games. I was so confident he was kicking that!

I’ve never been the biggest fan due to his tendency to chuck the ball on the boot and just all around pretty scrappy with his disposal but he’s locked himself in for a month long shot at that wing with that game alone IMO, only has to clean up his disposal a little and positive signs that maybe he has done that.
The run down the wing reminded me of Eagleton... the guy chasing him couldn't keep up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back