Preview Changes vs Bombers + Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spp, dbj and mctnee are pressure forwards.

Roli s a crumbing small forward who can kick 4 goals in a half , ratugolea is unlucky but we can't have 4 smalls who all have pressure as there 1 wood
I don't know, I reckon Esava has fallen down the pecking order as an option for Port's 4th small forward, might be behind Steven May and Darcy Moore now. Probably just let the lot of them ply their craft in the SANFL for a couple of weeks

Does Jonas being named as an emergency mean there is a risk one of our defenders is a last minute out? Are any of them carrying injuries?
I suspect that Jonas being named as an emergency is just a compromise to leaving the captain out of the team, a way of saving face. Tom should just retire and save as all any further angst about him actually playing again in the AFL side.

Does Jonas being named as an emergency mean there is a risk one of our defenders is a last minute out? Are any of them carrying injuries?
WTF? He's one of 4 emergencies listed, it just means he's an option IF anything happens to one of the named players. Between Jonas, Burgoyne, Narkle, and Visentini there's an option to cover basically every line.

I'm guessing someone has to be the whipping boy since the usual targets are doing ok or out of the side
There’s a fair chunk of his goals this year no other small forward we have has the skill set to be in the right position and finish cleanly as he does.
It’s also been noted he’s very good at creating space for the talls with his blocking. He’s underrated.

There’s a fair chunk of his goals this year no other small forward we have has the skill set to be in the right position and finish cleanly as he does.
It’s also been noted he’s very good at creating space for the talls with his blocking. He’s underrated.
I'm not disagreeing, I think he's been good for the most part in a role that can be tough unless you're an Eddie Betts type player. I'm more pointing out that the peasants need someone to throw rotten veg at..... tactical stuff is going well so it's harder to knock Ken (unless you go with the idiotic theory Carr is in charge), guys like TJ and Bonner aren't in the side, Lycett and co are going OK...... so I guess Rioli is next on the hitlist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not disagreeing, I think he's been good for the most part in a role that can be tough unless you're an Eddie Betts type player. I'm more pointing out that the peasants need someone to throw rotten veg at..... tactical stuff is going well so it's harder to knock Ken (unless you go with the idiotic theory Carr is in charge), guys like TJ and Bonner aren't in the side, Lycett and co are going OK...... so I guess Rioli is next on the hitlist.
Ken is in charge, of course. Ken just unilaterally decided to change everything about the last eleven years of his gameplan and his selection policies in Round 4, which just happens to be the exact week that he also unilaterally decided to coach from the bench from now on despite having previously publicly stated he hates coaching from the bench.

I suspect that Jonas being named as an emergency is just a compromise to leaving the captain out of the team, a way of saving face. Tom should just retire and save as all any further angst about him actually playing again in the AFL side.

He'll probably retire at the end of the year. There's no reason to force it while the season is ongoing. You never know what can happen with injuries.
He's already not playing AFL, so I don't know why anyone would feel angst towards him currently.

Ken is in charge, of course. Ken just unilaterally decided to change everything about the last eleven years of his gameplan and his selection policies in Round 4, which just happens to be the exact week that he also unilaterally decided to coach from the bench from now on despite having previously publicly stated he hates coaching from the bench.

Which just happened to coincide with Ch9 running a story that there was a succession plan in place at the club that would see Carr move into the head coaching role.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

This is a big danger game. Our top 11 and their top 11 are pretty even. The physical match up with Peter Wright is a concern. Our bottom 11 seems far better than their bottom 11, this is where we can win the game, our lower ranked players performing well. We also need to make a statement on the MCG.

... I don't know why anyone would feel angst towards him currently.
I wasn't saying angst towards Jonas. I was clearly referring to him being selected in the AFL side;

"... save as all any further angst about him actually playing again in the AFL side."

Probably in the minority but Rioli is being bit underrated here. I think he’s going to be extremely important in the run home.
Absolutely agree. I really like what he brings. Just about every game he has just missed between one and three goals by a whisker. Just need to be patient, because he has the talent to change a game in an instant. All the while he is still learning to fit into our team & structure, which can take some time ... Just ask Finlayson!

And that also coincided with Warren Tredrea being the first person of note to actually criticise Hinkley as opposed to everyone else blowing smoke up his arse for the past 10 years.

But of course Tredrea’s comments then had nothing to do with our turnaround since. Don’t be fooled by that.

Ken mentioned in the Press Conference that Jonas, Burgoyne and Visentini were travelling with the squad
Didnt want to confirm the sub at this stage stating there is quite a bit to play out
But did state Jonas wont be the sub
Meaning its between Burgoyne and Visentini
Hopefully Visentini gets some game time now that Teakle's injured and Hayes won't be used this season.

Which just happened to coincide with Ch9 running a story that there was a succession plan in place at the club that would see Carr move into the head coaching role.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

WGT says hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back