Moved Thread Channel 7 broadcast quality

Remove this Banner Ad

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
This might just be me, but god I hate the Channel 7s broadcasting, from the annoying and loud commentators to them cutting off our broadcast so we don’t get to see champions of the game chaired off, just everything about it is terrible, and I feel like theyre showing less and less replays ? Like I said it might just be me, but man it’s so bad.

Hmmm wasn't too happy with the Foxtel telecast against Sydney the other day. All the camera angles where shite and in some cases nearly unwatchable.
I think that’s just an SCG thing have found that in previous games there
It’s as if the central camera is off at an angle towards the 50m line

It doesn't seem like 7 really have a whole lot of respect for the game.

Cutting away seconds after the final siren of one of the games of the year is just a joke. I know they have to go to the nightly news so old people out there can keep up with what's going on in the world, but it's just not a great look. No post-game analysis, no singing of the song.

That and their God-awful cliche-filled commentary teams; Hamish awkwardly interviewing children every Friday night, Roaming Brian (I don't mind a bit of casual interviewing of players, but that segment is just cringe-inducing); their lame video packages... Before Channel 10 became a rabble of a network, they used to do it so much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't seem like 7 really have a whole lot of respect for the game.

Cutting away seconds after the final siren of one of the games of the year is just a joke. I know they have to go to the nightly news so old people out there can keep up with what's going on in the world, but it's just not a great look. No post-game analysis, no singing of the song.

it's almost like they should start the game earlier ;)

Don't understand why such hate of Daisy Pearce?(well I guess I can). She's really intelligent, understands the game and only chimes in when needed. She doesn't do crappy jokes, catchphrases or banter with the commentators. I have to say she's a lot better than most of the boundary riders out there..

In terms of cameras/visuals, Foxtel's productions seem noticeably inferior to 7's, although this may largely be due to Foxtel producing more non-Vic games.

It is probably to do with cost in relation to audience size, but it can't be helpful in trying to build an audience in the expansion states. SCG games are almost unwatchable on TV.

7's production of MCG games is generally excellent. Today, in particular, there were ample cameras all round the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back