Chaplin

Remove this Banner Ad

Chaplin was very good today but I can't really make an argument for him to replace Toby this week. Gilham was disappointing, still looks too small for AFL football and White's performance can be put down to not having played for a few weeks. Cochrane didn't appear to do anything either except watch balls sail over his head for goals. Ellis was pretty impressive too.

Ford Fairlane said:
Peel for Nash? Or would Essendon expect a bit extra?

Was talking to Nash on the weekend - he was over watching his old side play, (had a big unit going by the name courtney johns with him). He seemed pretty confident that he will play every game for the bombers next season. He has beefed up quite a bit since I saw him last.

While I'm at it, Sam Butler was also ther - not quite as big as I thought he might be, but certanly had that footballer look and feel about him.

portentous said:
Luke Peel ISN'T happy in SA, he's homesick. Chaplin LOVES it here and is really good mates with most of the other young blokes, who seem to have developed a good bond. It must help when none of them are getting a game that they're all in the same boat. Troy's a great lad and only improves his chances of getting a game next year by the way he presents himself and praises our club and coach at public events ie the telecasts at Alberton. He even seems to know a fair bit about our history as a SANFL club, though that might be due to his "billets" influence.....:)
Troy loves it here, I was talking to him at an Auskick clinic at Kadina when a dozen of so Port players came up. I cant remember what country town he came from in Victoria but he said Adelaide was like a large version of it and he really feels like he's home. He is a massive bloke too, a real chance to find a spot next year IMO :cool:

Troy was a Maryborough boy back in country Vic.
Was a star basketballer, but opted for footy instead.
Now that he's squeezed out another inch or 2, I wonder if he regrets the change...!!!???

Seriously though, very impressive kid and combined with the size and athleticism of Pettigrew, augurs well for the future behind Wakelin and Bishop.

Peel certainly sounds like a very mentally weak individual. Apparently his sh&t doesn't stink as well. Was roundly laughed at by teammates when he pumped up his junior days at Brighton Grammar. Could be looking for new home this year or the next

Remove this Banner Ad

Back