Charter underwrote bought peptides were not for human use

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7.30 Report showed texts from Dank to Melbourne's doctor and visa versa discussing AOD and thymomodulin treatments for various players in April last year.
Was this before or after dank found out thymosin was prohibited, do you think?

McDevitt, however, says ASADA will always consider a deal with the players.

"ASADA has, and will always, remain open to approaches by athletes from any sport and their legal counsel in relation to their particular circumstances," he said.

That's politic speak for "you give us Hird, we'll consider a discount"

You receive an invoice.
You dispute it.
You get a credit note which offsets the full value of the invoice in both the supplier's accounting system and your own (it's called a credit note because the supplier credits the account of the debtor, thereby offsetting the original amount, showing that nothing is owed from an accounting point of view).
The creditor who was incorrectly sent the invoice (EFC), will either make the opposite accounting entry in their accounting system (if they had inputted the invoice into the system for payment), or, where they haven't done, they simply ignore the invoice.

Nonsense.

You would never issue a credit note on an invoice that hasn't been paid. how do you think the supplier is going to balance their books in that case. They would have an outstanding invoice in their debtors, not in their recievables. You would never issue a credit note unless the invoice has been paid.

On the essendon side, if an invoice is received that is invalid you either block it, or cancel it.

Basic accounting.

According to 7.30 report, it was before (December 2012).
Interesting that he specifically used thymosin with essendon and thymomodulin with melbourne. Surely if he was using the same drug at both he'd use the same name?

And that is precisely why no players have come out and said things, because they have asked questions and been satisfied that they were not duped or doped and I might add we are not talking a handful of players here, we are talking 34 players, that is a hell of a lot of players to keep happy.

Had even one player, let alone 34 been suss about taking banned substances you would have heard about it now.

ASADA is desperate for them to take a deal, Mcd posturing, bluffing, blustering now going to Paris has not made them blink.

The most complex case in the world is far from it, other cases involving teams cut across different countries, different jurisdictions, different cultures etc .
I think the more obvious answer is really very simple. Every player knew exactly what they were taking. Some chose to, some did not. For those who chose the injections, there is no percentage in breaking ranks they all sink or swim together. Indeed those who lift the curtain are often persecuted and driven from sport as was Christophe Bassons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_Bassons

Nope, best course of action here is to stay the course and hope you slip through somehow. If it all goes pair shaped, well, there is still time to instruct the lawyers and see what can be salvaged from the mess.

I just find it hilarious, on Feb 29 Essendon receive a credit note for the Thymosin they never received according to Bruce Francis and it was redirected to MRC then

Nek Minnit

Ten days later Dank sends this text to Hird.

On March 9, they reportedly had the following exchange:

Hird: "Good work today mate, the boys were up and about, we have a lot to work with.

Dank: "IVs start next week and Thymosin with Uniquinon. We will start to see some real effects.

SEEMS LEGIT
The only reason I feel sorry for the players is that they are getting the sh&ttiest advice ever - just like the dumb fed court case. I've made up my mind now. Just waiting for bans.

Interesting that he specifically used thymosin with essendon and thymomodulin with melbourne. Surely if he was using the same drug at both he'd use the same name?
yeah looks like hes 1. changed the name because he realised the term Thymosin looks suspicious, or 2. changed the drug because he realised TB4 was banned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nonsense.

You would never issue a credit note on an invoice that hasn't been paid. how do you think the supplier is going to balance their books in that case. They would have an outstanding invoice in their debtors, not in their recievables. You would never issue a credit note unless the invoice has been paid.

On the essendon side, if an invoice is received that is invalid you either block it, or cancel it.

Basic accounting.
sorry but you are wrong and the gg is right.

what you are suggesting is a refund not a credit note.

a credit note is basically a cancellation of an invoice except offsetting journals are created instead of cancelling the original journals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence that compelling text message about the financials all being set up. I have no doubt that they have found the financial trail which attempted to hide the payments. The ACC in particular are very good at this. For the last couple of years their internal methodology/stance was, "Follow the money".
Interesting take on that text message. Given Evans background I had always assumed the text related to an investment opportunity. But, your interpretation actually makes far more sense.

Interesting take on that text message. Given Evans background I had always assumed the text related to an investment opportunity. But, your interpretation actually makes far more sense.

And the refunding/cancelling by a certain compounding pharmacy make you think that they sent an invoice by mistake directly to the club instead of via the slush fund. Makes you wonder how many more invoices may have been dealt with.

And the refunding/cancelling by a certain compounding pharmacy make you think that they sent an invoice by mistake directly to the club instead of via the slush fund. Makes you wonder how many more invoices may have been dealt with.
Indeed!

In Dank's SCN he has not only been charged with administering and trafficking.....but also attempted cover-up.

When Evans and Vlad were CLEARLY setting about blaming everything on "the phys-edder" Dank, back in early 2013, Dank immediately and very publicly released the "Financials are ready for you and David" text to Hird.

Evans, Vlad and Essendon immediately backed off.

As you say....follow the money trail.

I have extreme doubt that we will ever get the answers. But i sure can hope.

Using the time-honoured GG argument formulation technique, this therefore means that because no substances were found in EFC players' rooms, they're screwed. Amidoinitright?

I'm referring to the very high benchmark CAS has set for proving a non-presence violation.

This is also interesting:

15. Proof of Doping
15.1 Burden and Standard of Proof

AFL shall have the burden of establishing that an Anti-Doping Rule Violation has
occurred. The standard of proof shall be whether AFL has established an Anti-Doping
Rule Violation to the comfortable satisfaction of CAS or the Tribunal bearing in mind the
seriousness of the allegation which is made. This standard of proof in all cases is greater
than a mere balance of probability, but less than proof beyond a reasonable doubt.​

30 This standard of proof required to be met by the Anti-Doping Organisation is comparable to the standard which is applied in most countries to cases involving professional misconduct. It has also been widely applied by courts and hearing panels in doping cases.
See, for example, the CAS decision in N, J, Y, W v FINA, CAS 98/208, 22 December 1998.
31 For example, an Anti-Doping Organisation may establish an Anti-Doping Rule Violation under Clause 11.2 (Use or Attempted Use of a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method) based on the Player’s admissions, the credible testimony of third Persons, reliable documentary evidence, reliable analytical data from either an A or B Sample or conclusions drawn from the profile of a series of the Player’s blood or urine Samples.

Nonsense.

Basic accounting.

Not nonsense at all.

I already answered your question in my post.

The supplier creates a debtor (a debit). It is advised of the error and issues a credit note, which results in a credit in the supplier's accounting system, cancelling the first debit.

At the risk of stating the obvious: a debit and credit of the same amount offsets each other exactly, leaving a zero amount relating to the particular debtor.

What I have described above works where payment has not been received (as is the case here).

Nonsense.

Basic accounting.

Also, I'm not sure why you are making a distinction between "debtors" and "receivables".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back