Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few in town already. They get earlier and earlier, possibly because it is cheaper to hire the venue?
Yep, my company's saving a fair bit with the venue hire still being Nov.

Thought I'd get in early with my voting this morning-so did everyone else-was stuck in a queue for nearly an hour. Was yours any better?
Where's your work Christmas party being held Tom?
Nothing flash, we just hire a function room in a pub out here in the eastern suburbs. Usually a good night though, best bit is keeping myself a bit sober and watching the antics of the ones who don't. ;)
Where are you having yours?

Last edited:
Yep, my company's saving a fair bit with the venue hire still being Nov.

Thought I'd get in early with my voting this morning-so did everyone else-was stuck in a queue for nearly an hour. Was yours any better?
Haven't gone in yet.

I suspect I'll have a free run as most people try and do it first thing.

Morning all... have you guys seen Micheal Clarke's statement he read out this morning

If watching it doesn't bring a tear to your eye you don't have a soul

Also I went to my first a-league match last night, fantastic touch to see the entire crowd stand and applaud for a minute at the 63 minute mark
Was emotional actually and a sneaky tear may have slipped out...

Haven't gone in yet.

I suspect I'll have a free run as most people try and do it first thing.

i am registered in my parents electorate and usually when i get there at 4.30/5pm it is straight walk in...plus i know the back entrance to avoid all the pamphlets and electioneering.

Also I went to my first a-league match last night

i am still yet to go to one but have it on the summer to do list...but crazy how different the crowds are, i approached a watering hole (to walk past, not stop at) and there were at least 20 cops stationed on each corner, thought they were doing a jay walk blitz and then when i got closer there were all these adelaide supporters drinking there.:eek:

i am registered in my parents electorate and usually when i get there at 4.30/5pm it is straight walk in...plus i know the back entrance to avoid all the pamphlets and electioneering.
Worst bit imo, they were bordering on harassment where I voted today. Sneaky entrance is a good tactic (said innocently ;)).

Also I went to my first a-league match last night, fantastic touch to see the entire crowd stand and applaud for a minute at the 63 minute mark
Was emotional actually and a sneaky tear may have slipped out...
My mate just told me about the match. He was there, said he couldn't stop himself from crying. Very nice tribute idea. :thumbsu:

How'd you enjoy the atmosphere of the A league?

My mate just told me about the match. He was there, said he couldn't stop himself from crying. Very nice tribute idea. :thumbsu:

How'd you enjoy the atmosphere of the A league?
Was good, manic first half with 5 goals scored then tense end half where the ref just seemed to make up the rules as he went. The crowd are great they just chant and sing and have a ball the entire match

i am still yet to go to one but have it on the summer to do list...but crazy how different the crowds are, i approached a watering hole (to walk past, not stop at) and there were at least 20 cops stationed on each corner, thought they were doing a jay walk blitz and then when i got closer there were all these adelaide supporters drinking there.:eek:
Mate the cops are ridiculous, it was severe overkill. 90 mins before the game I saw a heap of police on horseback, then 6 public response unit cop cars in a row. Then a bus unloaded full of cops.

I didn't see any trouble at all, but there is such a negative overreaction to the 'soccer hooligans' that they seem to go overboard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate the cops are ridiculous, it was severe overkill. 90 mins before the game I saw a heap of police on horseback, then 6 public response unit cop cars in a row. Then a bus unloaded full of cops.

I didn't see any trouble at all, but there is such a negative overreaction to the 'soccer hooligans' that they seem to go overboard

it reminded me of my time in scotland watching supporters flanked by mounted police walking to the oppositions ground.

i think after the western sydney debacle earlier this year or last year when there was violence they are taking precautions as they werent ready for that.

Nothing flash, we just hire a function room in a pub out here in the eastern suburbs. Usually a good night though, best bit is keeping myself a bit sober and watching the antics of the ones who don't. ;)
Where are you having yours?
Seems Karen is MIA Tom. :cool: My guess is that she's out doing her research on whether her potential blind date is well hung, as per VC's instruction. :D

At least you get a Christmas party-we're getting a big fat nothing this year (well, aside from the joy of caring for patients who usually either want to befriend, stalk or **** you. :rolleyes:). Have fun tonight. :thumbsu:

And johncat , you never told where yours was-due to my likely jealousy if I remember. :cool::D
Think I told you guys about mine-lunch at an Italian restaurant that WE have to pay for. Oh joy. :rolleyes:
Had ours last night. Don't want to gloat Karen, but if you must know it was at the old exhibition building in Carlton, catered for by one of the Masterchef guys, "Hughsey" was MC (Karl Stefanovic was ridiculously better as MC last year), few bands, and a whopping budget. Bit extravagant really, but a good night nonetheless.
(Oh, and a bar tab for the whole day, a nice gift, and cabcharge home-am I pushing it now? :p)

Seems Karen is MIA Tom. :cool: My guess is that she's out doing her research on whether her potential blind date is well hung, as per VC's instruction. :D

At least you get a Christmas party-we're getting a big fat nothing this year (well, aside from the joy of caring for patients who usually either want to befriend, stalk or **** you. :rolleyes:). Have fun tonight. :thumbsu:
HAHAHAHAHA, really. Do tell us if size matters ladies. :cool:

Seriously no Christmas party for you CG? That is a bit stingy.

HAHAHAHAHA, really. Do tell us if size matters ladies. :cool:

Seriously no Christmas party for you CG? That is a bit stingy.
Doesn't matter in the slightest (the lack of Christmas party that is, not the size. :p:D)

The gf had her Xmas party last night (Friday night).
4pm >8pm :rolleyes:.
And people did not want to go had to stay at work till 5pm:rolleyes:.
Sounds almost as bad as mine Rocker. Did she have to pay her way as well?

How did you go today at cricket-did you have a tribute, and did you win?

Had ours last night. Don't want to gloat Karen, but if you must know it was at the old exhibition building in Carlton, catered for by one of the Masterchef guys, "Hughsey" was MC (Karl Stefanovic was ridiculously better as MC last year), few bands, and a whopping budget. Bit extravagant really, but a good night nonetheless.
(Oh, and a bar tab for the whole day, a nice gift, and cabcharge home-am I pushing it now? :p)

wow, i am impressed (apart from having hughesy or stinkovic there:D).

I'm back now, and can confirm that's NOT where I've been today!!!

HAHAHAHAHA, really. Do tell us if size matters ladies. :cool:.
:eek::eek::eek: about your Christmas party, sooooooo jealous.
(Love that old building, it used to feature on Offspring a fair bit. :$)

And lol, CG is stirring, it wouldn't even cross my mind when getting into a relationship-I STRESS, that's NOT what I was doing today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back