Choco Williams - Diagnosed with Lymphoma

Remove this Banner Ad

Best wishes to Choco- let's just hope they got it early.

Cancer is quite close to home for me at the moment. My mother is still waiting for results but there's some suspicion she has leukaemia. All you can do is cross everything and hope for the best.

The numbers are very encouraging with lymphoma, at least.

More likely non Hodgkin's lymphoma at his age. I am same age as him and had it last year. Fully recovered now and I am sure Choco will fight through it
That's the same one i had.
When i was diagnosed the doctor said that if you had to choose a cancer this would be the one due to its high survival rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocked but he is fighter and a champion...

A fighter indeed, abused and hassled for his finals fadeout before 04, then in 04 gave us his infamous tie pull after the siren in the grand final, surely his most sweetest moment in his footy career. Must fight on, the AFL and more importantly his family need him.

That is shocking news for Choco and his family. I wish him the best of luck in his recovery. He has the Richmond Football Club and their supporters backing him all the way.
He has everyone behind him, mate.

Cancer is one of those things- it transcends all boundaries. It's common enough that we've all been touched by it at some point. Some of us have had it/have it ourselves, others have family and/or friends affected it by it; and more of us, if we haven't already, will have someone we know affected by it at some point. Or get it ourselves.

Everyone has their fingers and toes crossed for him.

I know, this sort of news can cause many of us to question our life's priorities. But there was no real mention of Chocco taking time off. No doubt if he needs it, he will. But my point is. Sometimes in our lives there are those who will show us things through their actions. I also think it will help Mark by having some routine (Normality?) at this time. What I'm trying to say is He (Mark) will walk the walk & that will show our boys an incredible thing.. I say this because I was inspired by him as one of his students in High School....

(I hope it's not too soon to say this ?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back