Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Things have changed. We are now a destination club with no deserters, just retirees. In fact this off season will be our crowning glory, you can bet on it. As for Yarran - he will be in our top 10 B&F next year.

Maybe.....but rest assured if he is....you will have paid........appropriately.

Things have changed. We are now a destination club with no deserters, just retirees. In fact this off season will be our crowning glory, you can bet on it. As for Yarran - he will be in our top 10 B&F next year.
Lol, doesn't this just say it all about Richmond! Haven't done anything on field since 1980. Winning the off season is now their Holy Grail!! Lol

Sticking to the topic at hand.....it will be Yarran for a 2nd rounder and maybe some change.

Sticking to the topic, so you have some cognitive ability

How about you go day dream on your own board

Have to admit... Yarran in form would compliment your side ridiculously well.

That's great. Top 10 player for a premiership contending side.

Well worth a first round draft pick.

Oh great, I spend all afternoon collecting this. Now what do I do with it, ffs?

th

Sticking to the topic at hand.....it will be Yarran for a 2nd rounder and maybe some change.

Don't remember asking for your opinion. Reckon you're s**t stirring as well.

Was this really your first post on BigFooty since March 22?

Did you wait to see how the season panned out before you came back with some sort of gloating post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sticking to the topic, so you have some cognitive ability

How about you go day dream on your own board
Well worth a first round draft pick.
That wont be the price ODN and I think you know it. There comes a time when an estrangement within the club becomes too irreconcilable and I reckon that is the situation with Yarran and the Blues. Unfortunately for you blokes it has also affected his currency. If this scenario reappears with the Tiges you can have the last laugh...and fair enough too.

Bluesque, I will now take your advice.....

Last edited:
LOL. So SOS tells Yarran he's going to the Tigers for a second rounder and he replies "nope sorry SOS, it's a first rounder or Lennon or no dice".

Yeah nah. When it comes to the deal SOS has all the power. Yaz gets to decide if he's willing to go to a certain club or not and that's where it ends.
That is what I said and as such Yarran is the one with all the power because he is contracted. As I said also I don't believe that would happen with Yarran, if a club like Hawthorn/West Coast/Fremantle/Sydney or another contender came up with a deal Carlton liked I get the feeling Yarran would go.

With free agency now in play clubs no longer hold any real power in trading because they can't turn around like Port did with Stevens and send him to the draft. A player gets delisted and they can sign as a delisted free agent with the club of their choice and their original club still gets nothing. It is what happened with us and Hunt, we offered the Cats a token deal because Hunt had no other suitors and the Cats knocked it back, he got delisted and we signed him for free.

This is why Hardwick raised the idea of clubs being able to trade players to a club that offers the best deal regardless of what the player wants because sometimes deals are struck between the clubs and players have the power to knock it back because they have the right to veto any deal if contracted.

That wont be the price ODN and I think you know it. There comes a time when an estrangement within the club becomes too irreconcilable and I reckon that is the situation with Yarran and the Blues. Unfortunately for you blokes it has also affected his currency. If this scenario reappears with the Tiges you can have the last laugh...and fair enough too.

Bluesque, I will now take your advice.....

He is still contracted.... your first round pick will be nom nom nom mmmm so good

I know no such thing. I'd be extremely disappointing in the club for taking anything they can get for Yarran and cutting our losses, for the precedent it sets and because we have leverage with the contract.

Richmond want him, Carlton don't want to lose him. His estrangement is not based on personality conflicts and is one season old only.

Tigers approach a contracted player early, Tigers get his medical clearance early ... yet they don't want to give up anything for him. Does that sound logical to you?

You asked a question so I returned: No, it isn't logical....but is looking likely....

Let me fix this for you.

No, it isn't logical ... but different groups of supporters on a football forum continue to disagree as to what Carlton should expect to receive and what Richmond should be prepared to give.

This 'looking likely' mumbo jumbo is based on personal opinion at this stage.

You asked a question so I returned: No, it isn't logical....but is looking likely....
How is it looking likely? Where did you get this from? Has Carlton said anything about it ... Richmond, Yarran, his manager ... Anyone of note at all... You yourself suggested he would be in Richmond's top 10 players, therefore he is worth more than your second round pick (30-35). If we are talking about "likely", it's likely that Richmond will give us what he is worth or he won't be at Richmond. Plenty of other clubs interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back