Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he's contracted means the deal will be on our terms.

So probably your first round pick.

Richmond may baulk at that - but given the scenario, thats what we would be expecting for it to get done.
Carlton will hold onto Yarran unless it is a first round pick or suitable player trade as his free agency status at the end of next season would mean the compo will almost certainly be a first round pick

So you think someone will pay him upward of $500,000 next year?
No but he will be in the top 10 paid players on the list next season and other criteria should default him into a first round compo pick, just for the record I am happy for him to go but believe they will hold him unless it is a first round pick

I think we over-rate Yarran over here. I suggested to a work mate that we deserve a first round pick to which he laughed and said you'r dreaming. Am I over-estimating his value?

Yes. Good players dig in and when not playing well, they still find a way to contribute. Not so good players will just continue on having a bad night. He's a front runner. All good when things are going well but he'll never turn his own game around mid game let alone help turn the tide and his side around.

No but he will be in the top 10 paid players on the list next season and other criteria should default him into a first round compo pick, just for the record I am happy for him to go but believe they will hold him unless it is a first round pick
You're forgetting the AFL's Carlton Clause. They'll rewrite the rules just in time to bump compo for Yarran down to a 3rd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could work for both clubs.
I just wish we'd play him forward and give him a break from the backline.

He's a Macleod boy - just down the road from a certain hair salon which I shall not name.

So surely we're 75% of the way there already.

Sounds like a good deal, could be a win/win - MAYBE

Richmond see their window as being now and for the next 3 years. They want to take advantage of it while Riewoldt is at his best, and while Cotchin and Deledio are at their best and perhaps more importantly with Maric at his best as he is 29 years of age. They just need a tiny bit more cream to be flag contenders. They could be now but it will be more of a being better on the day situation rather than out and out stand out flag favourites.

Yarran's run and carry and delivery would provide more in the short term than Lennon's potential but it does little for a rebuilding side. Potential win/win for sure.

I like the idea of Lennon for Yarran but unfortunately for us, especially after last night Richmond would laugh at us. This guy is killing his trade value week after week, and I've just about had enough of his insipid performances. At this point right now I couldn't care less what we get for him, just piss him off because we don't want players like Yarran putting on the navy blue just to come right out and s**t on the Guernsey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its clear that Yarran does not give a flying ****. Don't play him again.
Agree with this.

I mean you look at the attack on the ball of Clay Smith last night - not at one point did Yarran show that intensity. Until he lifts his endeavour, he is setting a horrible example for the team, and it's beyond belief that the club let him get away with it at AFL level.

As soon as his chase and tackle game is on point, his disposal will improve - he knows he's not doing jack s**t defensively, so feels the pressure to do something magical with the football in hand, and as a consequence turns it over consistently.

Chris Yarran isnt doing carlton any favours and has already checked out and knows where he will be next year i believe, He doesnt care what carlton get for him.
Carlton should not be playing him in the seniors as on his last 6 weeks form , No chance in the world he deserves his place in the carlton line up and i believe he is being a bad influence on the younger players that he is playing along side

I posted something on the 'Henderson is not a free agent" thread about 4 weeks ago that Yarrans body language and work ethic was not good and looks like he doesnt want to be there and thats gotten alot worse

I have alot of very good friends that are Carlton supporters and we go to alot of carlton games so i have see atleast 7-8 carlton games this year and watch Chris closely as i really rate him as a talent but he is really letting the team & Club down this year

I would love to have him at Richmond and 'Think' that he would change and get motivated and work hard to earn his spot and be that cream on the cake as people call it. Infact i would have been very happy to trade our 1st for yarran 6-7 weeks ago but not so sure now. Still want him but not sure if i would want him for our 1st round selection compared to getting Motlop who is in a similar situation but has been killing it recently.

Hope what ever happens it works out for the Blues as its always better to have a strong rivalry between our clubs and have the 80-90 thousand people at games.

Chris Yarran isnt doing carlton any favours and has already checked out and knows where he will be next year i believe, He doesnt care what carlton get for him.
Carlton should not be playing him in the seniors as on his last 6 weeks form , No chance in the world he deserves his place in the carlton line up and i believe he is being a bad influence on the younger players that he is playing along side

I posted something on the 'Henderson is not a free agent" thread about 4 weeks ago that Yarrans body language and work ethic was not good and looks like he doesnt want to be there and thats gotten alot worse

I have alot of very good friends that are Carlton supporters and we go to alot of carlton games so i have see atleast 7-8 carlton games this year and watch Chris closely as i really rate him as a talent but he is really letting the team & Club down this year

I would love to have him at Richmond and 'Think' that he would change and get motivated and work hard to earn his spot and be that cream on the cake as people call it. Infact i would have been very happy to trade our 1st for yarran 6-7 weeks ago but not so sure now. Still want him but not sure if i would want him for our 1st round selection compared to getting Motlop who is in a similar situation but has been killing it recently.

Hope what ever happens it works out for the Blues as its always better to have a strong rivalry between our clubs and have the 80-90 thousand people at games.
Fair Comment TG. But I think there will be some competition for Yarran, so a late first is probably the cost. He is contracted for another year, so don't expect him to be pushed out for unders. I would like to see Clem Smith play down back and Yaz forward/wing to still give us run and carry.

I like the idea of Lennon for Yarran but unfortunately for us, especially after last night Richmond would laugh at us. This guy is killing his trade value week after week, and I've just about had enough of his insipid performances. At this point right now I couldn't care less what we get for him, just piss him off because we don't want players like Yarran putting on the navy blue just to come right out and s**t on the Guernsey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 weeks ago I would have given up Lennon for Yarran in a heartbeat. I thought we had well and truely stuffed the lennon pick up because he looked clumsy and useless but to his credit he looked pretty valuable on the weekend.
It's a hard one because I think yarran already has the mindset that he is out the door from watching him play because he is killing his trade value at the moment. We all know yarran at his best is probably worth a top 10 pick minimum if not a lot more, but it's a lot more difficult to assess now.
Personally I would love him at richmond, but I am aware you guys will want a 1st rd pick and nothing less which I don't feel comfortable about giving up especially when we could go hard for motlop for the same price who I think is a bit of a 'safer' pick.
Will be an interesting off season at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back