Injury Claye Beams ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

What horrible news :thumbsdown: , Hopefully the Lions and Claye opt for the full proper reco and ease him back in to things, no need to try the LARS at his young age.

Lock him in the gym, get some weight on him and hopefully he comes roaring back in 2014

I wish, unfortunately though I don't think Vossy would say something so definite as Harwood will always be a defender in the seniors unless it was 100% certain in Vossy's mind. That should not be unfortunate though I guess as Voss and the coaching staff know a hell of a lot more than me.
Never say Never... If Voss was to have said it internally it may have been considered a spur - to have said it publicly, yeah it does seem to strengthen your opinion more than mine.

Never say Never... If Voss was to have said it internally it may have been considered a spur - to have said it publicly, yeah it does seem to strengthen your opinion more than mine.
Yes, Never say Never indeed. I think Harwood would be a great, big bodied, tough edition to our midfield rotation however I do see why Voss rates him more as a defender in the seniors based on senior form.

Apparently it is the left knee, the leg currently? without ink-work...

201303img0824.jpg

[a freddie foto from Rnd_1_2013]

Crap news!
I wish him all the best, hopefully back after a full & thorough recovery and he becomes the gun his potential shows.
Chin up, Claye!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Devastating news for Claye, the club, and us fans. I honestly thought this would be the year he would solidify himself in our best 22 and he was starting to do it in the first few games of this season. I hope he can spend the time rehabilitating bulking up and hopefully he is back in action Round 1 next year. A very talented player and I wish nothing but good luck to him over the next 12 or so months.
I totally agree - well said!

Good thing for Beamsy is that he can approach his rehab with positivity knowing he's going to be part of the team when he gets back.Had it happened 12 months ago he wouldn't have been too sure.The club can also manage the list better knowing what it has.

Sucks, but that's the unfortunate nature of professional sport.
Now it's an opportunity for Bartlett or Michael, I'd say.

If we can cover the loss of Beams that will be testament to the depth that we supposedly possess. He isn't an easy player to cover, but I'm predicting Mayes, Lester,Harwood, Cal or Polec to cover him.

It sucks he will be unavailable for a year!!!!!! Best of luck to him during his operation and recovery. Unfortunately we have several players who can go through their recovery experience with Claye :(

Shattered....

All the best mate in recovery, see you next year bigger and better!!

Horrible news for Claye. Not as sceptical of LARS as I used to be, though, some signs are starting to suggest it could be fine. Interested to hear which avenue they end up taking.

Just great for him and the club that he re-signed last year, so he has this year and next year to get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back