• Number: 3
  • Height: 181
  • Weight: 73
  • DOB: 16-02-1988
  • Debut: Rd 1 - 2006

Thanks to Cannons:

Clint Bartram

Current Ability: C+
Clint played 21 matches this year, which was a strong return after his injury concerns in 2007. He averaged 13 disposals for the year which is quite a modest return, however it must be remembered he is primarily used in a negating role.

Strengths:
- Excellent Work Ethic
- Good Stamina
- Reasonable Pace
- Strong defensive game/skills

Weaknesses:
- Decision making
- Disposal

Potential Ability: B
I don’t think Clint will ever be a star of the competition; however he can be an important role player for Melbourne. He isn’t one of the club’s most talented players, so his scope for future development is somewhat limited.

What will help him is his work ethic. If Clint can improve upon his weaknesses, most notably his disposal, it will enable him to be more damaging himself rather than just cancelling out his opponent. This will add another dimension to his already strong defensive game.

It must also be said that he is always one to work hard throughout matches, regardless of the circumstances.

Trade Value: 3rd rounder

Next year looms as an important one for Bartram. He needs to improve his output in order to ensure a place on Melbourne’s list for 2010.

Bartram showed potential, and late last year he was just coming back into the form in the first season. Stick with him i agree with whelan=legend. he could be very handyplayer in setting up play across the half back/wing.

Yes seriously.
A problem some people have is that if a young player has one bad year or an injury that puts them out for most of the season they say he's crap when he comes back. Ofcourse he isnt going to be 100% and being a star. It will be a stupid move to let him go before 2010 because no doubt Gold Coast will try pick him up.

If Bartram makes it, it certainly won't be as a running half-back, purely because his disposal isn't anywhere near good enough to command that kind of role.

Should stick with his run-with role, but if he wants to be in the 22, needs to get more of the ball himself. The days of the out and out tagger (ala Godders) are long gone, taggers are now expected to do a job and do some damage themselves (Sewell, Ling, Kirk).

True, Although his disposal isnt that bad i'd problyquestion his decision making, oh wellhe'll learn as he goes on.
His decision-making is probably on par with Daniel Bells, so yes I think we can agree there. However Bell has a couple more strings to his bow to fall back onto, Bartram needs to develop a couple more than just pace and a willingness to follow someone around.

As I've said before in this thread, the days of the out and out tagger are long gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round: 5
Basic Stats: 12 disposals, 4 kicks, 8 handballs, 1 behind

My Thoughts: A tough day all-round for Clint. Tremendous courage in his decision to play after hearing the news of his father passing away in the morning, however struggled to get much of the ball all day and his job on Tyson Edwards was OK without being up to some of his better days.

Rating: 4/10
Does he keep his spot?: Yes. Has a specific role that he plays well.

Holy friggin s**t he's got a nice missus.

Nice work Clint.

:thumbsu:

His missus is Brook Kennedy.... Daughter of Rick Kennedy (Former Western Bulldogs fullback who was captain in the mid 1980's also quite well known for breaking Locketts jaw.... And got suspended quite a few times for the doggies)

Thought Bartram was very good today IMO, His kicking was good and his decision making was a lot better than it has been he attacked the footy and got the hard ball....Well done Clint!

Was his best game since 2006 i rekon. Use the ball well and didnt panic to much and showed some good run. Good to see him take his VFL form in to an AFL game.

Lynden Dunn, Simon Buckley, Daniel Bell, Tom McNamara, Kyle Cheney or Clint Bartram. With Dunn no longer up forward it comes down to all of these guys for midfield (particularly tagging) and backline positions. Barts plays either of these roles well but will need to lift either at the end of this year or next to keep a spot on the list. Discuss!

Round 2 vs Collingwood

Rating:6/10
Kicks: 5
Handballs: 4
Marks: 4
Tackles: 4
Free Kicks: 1 (1 against)
Efficiency: 78%
Contested possessions: 3
Uncontested Possessions: 6
Clearances: 1
Clangers: 1
Assists: 0
TOG:
Inside 50’s: 1
Opponent: Leon Davis (13 touches, two goals)
One Percenters: 3
Rebound 50’s: 1

DT Score: 49
SC Score: 53

Pros:
- Was assigned the task of manning up Leon Davis and did a terrific job, restricting him to just 13 possesions and two goals.

Cons:
- an errant warnock handball allowed davis in and he kicked a great opportunistic goal to ultimately win the game for collingwood.
- Sometimes ball watching
- More run from HBF

Does he keep his spot?

May or may not hold his spot depending on the availability of others, however i think he has done enough to hold onto his spot. He is the type of player 22 yrs old and 60 games we need to step and become more consistent.

Round 3 vs Adelaide

Rating:7.5/10
Kicks: 8
Handballs: 12
Marks: 2
Tackles: 3
Free Kicks: 3 for 1 against
Efficiency: 90%
Contested possessions: 9
Uncontested Possessions: 12
Clearances: 2
Clangers: 1
Assists:
TOG:
Inside 50’s: 2
Opponent: Jared Petrenko 17 touches 2 behinds
One Percenters: 1
Rebound 50’s: 1

DT Score: 66
SC Score: 92

Pros:
- Won more of the footy and used it well, particularly in the last quarter.
- Very composure, has more confidence to hold onto the ball and find the right option.

Cons:
- Opponent got a bit of the ball, looked dangerous but didnt hurt us on the scoredboard.

Does he keep his spot?

Yes.

I am glad bailey kept faith in this bloke, today was one of his best games for the club, starting to show experience and composure when the ball is in his hands.

Works very hard denfensively, i would like to see him continue his creative run up the ground and continue winning the ball. The last two games will do his confidence the world of good!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back