Opinion Clive Palmer & Palmer United Party - Thoughts??

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Big Clive certainly making his presence known in Federal Parliament. According to the media he has been displeased that the Abbott Government have not apparently included provisions they both agreed within the legislation to remove the Carbon Tax. With the very questionable "budget emergency" aside, what are your thoughts regarding Clive, his party and his dealings with the federal government?

Could it be that Clive Palmer is actually holding the government accountable - if not to it's promises to the Australian public to do the deal made with his own party?

This is what happens when the two major parties deliver their worst governments in over 30 years.

The illusion of "choice" in Australian politics is that we have functional decent government, on state and federal levels OR that we even have a true choice. For all their noise both major parties have a lot of similarities. The age of actual decent statesmen, regardless of political party and sphere of political ideology is long gone. We get populist, buzz word spruiking, self serving clowns who cannot seem to find the middle sensible ground with many many issues.

Labor totally messed up from 2007 with infighting, factionalism, poor policy and program roll-outs and all too well known leadership changes.

Liberals under tony Abbott as just as limp. Tony is proving to be a cringe worthy leader as many suspected and doing it on a global level. It's somewhat amusing he is now being forced to deal with the obstructionist, negative politics and tactics he so happily plied since he became leader of the federal Liberal Party.

....and we wont even start with Col Barnett and the state government. Taking s**t governance to new heights - which is something considering some of labors efforts.

I can't say I'd vote for Palmer but I do enjoy what the media label "crazy" antics in parliament.

Last edited:

He's the most entertaining thing in Australian politics today.

1400054066124.jpg-620x349.jpg

384731-5c321fa2-dbbc-11e3-8693-526588c1a688.jpg

P0MB8.jpg

Can't wait to hear what's for lunch tomorrow mate, a chicken parmy, or maccas drive thru?

PS. Apologies for bringing your thread down to the lowest common denominator in record time holy diver!

His political billboards still exist on Albany Hwy Cannington.

I saw one today on the side of shop wall along Walter Rd Morley. I think its new. "Make Australia Great" was the caption.

I see he's he's bought a few full page ads in the West Australian lately. IMO Clive Palmer is in it for Clive Palmer. But I'm for anyone who wants to shake up the major parties. They certainly need a shaking.

What happened to the replica Titanic he was going to build. Is that still on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to most economic decisions, I tend to sidle over to the right wing a bit. I'm a long way from a raving leftie.
But this guy represents everything wrong with the right wing, and I hope they hang him out to dry.

When you listen to Clive, he makes more sense than most give him credit for.
McClown is on a power trip and it's gonna cost us a fortune.

When you listen to Clive, he makes more sense than most give him credit for.
McClown is on a power trip and it's gonna cost us a fortune.

Do you actually know all the details, or are you just listening to Palmer's radio propaganda on your way to work?

I suck all the info in and think for myself not what the west australian tells me to think.
One form of propaganda isn't necessarily any better than the other. Some of the language being thrown around in these adverts is like listening to North Korea, China and Trump's political language.

I'll ask again: Do you actually know the details of all these lawsuits?

What you need to do is get a hold of the details of ALL Palmer's lawsuits against the WA Govt (there are quite a few of them). Instead of just looking at one in isolation. Just looking at the big picture will tell you what sort of man he is, and what his motivations are.
Yes, he may have some valid points on some of them. If he was a practical or a reasonable man, he might make some valid points and effectively challenge both the government and our legal structure in some cases. But he's not a practical or a reasonable man. He's a relentless little man with a malicious hobby, and he's not doing any of this for anyone's benefit. He's using the law and a significant amount of money twiddling his thumbs, and it's WA who is going to pay for it.

The ramifications, both legal and financial, are going to be huge.
To say it's McGowan's power trip which is going to cost WA money is ridiculous.

Last edited:
One form of propaganda isn't necessarily any better than the other. Some of the language being thrown around in these adverts is like listening to North Korea, China and Trump's political language.

I'll ask again: Do you actually know the details of all these lawsuits?

What you need to do is get a hold of the details of ALL Palmer's lawsuits against the WA Govt (there are quite a few of them). Instead of just looking at one in isolation. Just looking at the big picture will tell you what sort of man he is, and what his motivations are.
Yes, he may have some valid points on some of them. If he was a practical or a reasonable man, he might make some valid points and effectively challenge both the government and our legal structure in some cases. But he's not a practical or a reasonable man. He's a relentless little man with a malicious hobby, and he's not doing any of this for anyone's benefit. He's using the law and a significant amount of money twiddling his thumbs, and it's WA who is going to pay for it.

The ramifications, both legal and financial, are going to be huge.
To say it's McGowan's power trip which is going to cost WA money is ridiculous.
Did you listen to what Clive had to say or did you just want to rip me a new a-hole?
Peace and love
Spitty

Did you listen to what Clive had to say or did you just want to rip me a new a-hole?
Peace and love
Spitty
Kind of both, I get in a mood sometimes.
And yes, I did. Why is it that someone who has a beef with the Government, and who has effectively lost nothing (the mining suit is about potential profits - Palmer wasn't going to actually produce anything much himself, he's all about on-selling) be running an advertising campaign for people who have nothing to do with the case itself?
He's attempting to make it some sort of a trial by media. Looking for friends, attempting to sway public opinion - there are an awful lot of people out there who'll side against the government for just about any reason they're given, and they're the targets.

Place is starting to get more like the USA all the time, and I ******* hate it.

Clive is a disgusting piece of s**t, no doubt about it and I was left scratching my empty head that so many voted for the toad in the last election. Now with Liza Harvey and the Libs being so bloody useless, someone, anyone has to hold the government to account. Can Clive keep the ALP honest? I don't think anyone is listening to sludge guts.

Remember McClown was screaming hysterical in parliament back in march that closing the borders was unconstitutional and 3 weeks later he closed the border. Not because he was worried about you and me catching rona, he knew it was a vote getter.

Probably better watch what you say, Palmer might sue you for hurting his delicate feelings.

But yes, when I said the lawsuits were going to have ramifications, that tweet you shared above was more or less exactly one of the things I had in mind.
If the border controls are being challenged on constitutional grounds, and Palmer wins, we might be faced with having to open up, or possibly have several more lawsuits and possible class actions to deal with, which is going to involve more money, and more time.
Just because one pigheaded twat can't get on Skype or pick up a phone.

There are going to be a lot of people who have very definite feelings about that, one way or the other.
It might mean that Palmer and his ilk can do as they please while others who can't challenge the border closures, such as your folks above, because they don't fit into any challenge-able exemption category, or simply don't have the financial backing, continue to get turned away... which would be, in my view, an unjust outcome. Law versus Justice, the age-old conflict.

That's assuming we haven't opened up the borders anyway, by the time it goes to court, which is a part of the WA government's strategy - to contain Palmer until things are more under control and it won't matter anymore (pending future pandemics or similar disasters). McGowan has alluded to that.

I believe most of this case is a huge big "* you, don't tell me what to do" on the part of both sides. And, as usual, the law will end up favoring those who have the money and the time to fight it out, rather than those who have genuine reasons for wanting to come home. Not to mention the law firms making a fat profit, as usual.

Decent article here:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back