Cloke chasing contract extension (poll added)

Does Cloke deserve a contract extension?

• Yes, just give it to him, we need to lock him in for beyond 2017

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, not at all, he is over-paid and under-performing

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Prefer to wait and review season 2016

Votes: 26 60.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where was that mentioned? I thought year 5 was primarily performance based, not triggered as a whole.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e-for-five-years/story-fnca0u4y-1226482940522
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/travis-cloke-resigns-with-magpies-20120927-26na1.html

No 5th year is conditional on a range of trigger points regarding form and fitness, but they did not say what they are obviously.

He is on 750-800k, perhaps we can bargain him down to around 600k for 2017 onwards.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e-for-five-years/story-fnca0u4y-1226482940522
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/travis-cloke-resigns-with-magpies-20120927-26na1.html

No 5th year is conditional on a range of trigger points regarding form and fitness, but they did not say what they are obviously.

He is on 750-800k, perhaps we can bargain him down to around 600k for 2017 onwards.
He rejected a $1mill per year offer from Freo to take unders and stay at the Pies.
Talk of "bargaining him down" is insulting.

He rejected a $1mill per year offer from Freo to take unders and stay at the Pies.
Talk of "bargaining him down" is insulting.

No more insulting than him wanting to resume negotiations two years out after one of his worst years.

Best for both parties to put this nonsense to bed and not even consider a new contract until some time in 2017.

With the new game plan that Buckley is implementing, we need to ask, is Trav really a stay at home forward?
I say no. He is more value up the ground where he can win the hard ball in the air and boot it long to our new forward line.
I cannot judge him on goals kicked as I don't think he should spend enough time in the F50.
I think this has been Cloke's best asset for a long, long time...
We simply have not had anyone else forward to take best advantage of his delivery. (Dawes, White etal were just place holders)......now we have Moore

There's a high likelihood no contract is in place for 2017 because he hasn't met his KPI's.

I'd guess his 5th year is retainer base plus target bonuses. The 5th year from my recollection was a bone of contention so I doubt it would have been jettisoned based on performance.

I'd guess his 5th year is retainer base plus target bonuses. The 5th year from my recollection was a bone of contention so I doubt it would have been jettisoned based on performance.

Nah Collingwood was extremely reluctant to give a 5 year contract but Cloke was adamant about it so they met in the middle and we said the 5th year comes into effect only if certain form and fitness requirements are met.

It's in all the articles at the time of his last contract.

I reckon he hasn't met it.

Nah Collingwood was extremely reluctant to give a 5 year contract but Cloke was adamant about it so they met in the middle and we said the 5th year comes into effect only if certain form and fitness requirements are met.

It's in all the articles at the time of his last contract.

I reckon he hasn't met it.

Have you got a link? I reckon the meeting in the middle is base plus performance bonuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Spice my post earlier... see above articles.
Walsh said not unencumbered, that could just mean it's not necessarily on the same terms as the other years

EDIT: just read both and you're probably right

Walsh said not unencumbered, that could just mean it's not necessarily on the same terms as the other years

EDIT: just read both and you're probably right

"The fifth year, though, is no given, with clauses regarding form and fitness inserted to protect Collingwood"

"Cloke has signed a new deal to stay at Collingwood for five years with the fifth year conditional on a range of trigger points."

Back