Club logo

Remove this Banner Ad

At first sign of pressure, must win, high profile game....

Tiger.jpg

I would love to see a more aggressive version of the one we have. Whos good with photoshop or graphic design?

Lions have gone back to the future and gone back to their old logo.
Should we?
I'm a yes, I like the old one better
I don't, it was symbolic of a failed era , since transitioning our win loss is 60% and we haven't missed finals , I kinda like that , it's something to build on o_O

I don't, it was symbolic of a failed era , since transitioning our win loss is 60% and we haven't missed finals , I kinda like that , it's something to build on o_O
So you're saying we'd start losing again if we reinstated it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At first the current logo looked different and took awhile to get use to. Now I look back at the old logo and think it doesn't look as good as the current one. Most clubs have modernised theirs so we're no different.

VFL logo pre-styling owns the rubber tyre logo.

Looked atrocious on scarves and a mess from afar as the font is so light. Also looks like we poached an actual tiger and taxidermied it. Tiger thus is dead.

I get the ferocity but the eyes just weren't defined enough as well.

What I absolutely loathe about all our new logos since that one that I love is the lack of the sash in the logo, which is one of the fundamental aspects of the club.

I hate most AFL logos, don't get why the new Bulldogs one was warmly received by most of the fans. Looks like something for a amateur cricket club. Oh wait.

GC logo: Less seen the better. Will not age well. Should be replaced on the Guernsey with a thick yellow bar.
Melbourne. ******* rabble of a crest. Absolute fail, would work okay as a pre-2004 3D gif that would endlessly rotate as a gimmick.
Port Adelaide is the worst of the lot. Looks even more franchisey than Adelaide's utter tripe of a Philadelphia Eagles ripoff. Speaking of which, the West Coast Atlanta Falcons ripoff. Do away with the fist and go with the chevrons and prison bars as the basics.

As for our new one, other than colouring in the Tiger Beer logo and slight facial changes it looks like a ******* chipmunk/meerkat hybrid. Do something original that isn't a mess nor a rip off.

I don't think designers are to blame but instead directors so out of ******* touch that pick incredibly inane logos because it will get kids like the Hawks.

Rant over. Look at WSW for good modern logo design. Hell, Brisbane Roar's new cyberlion still has more Substance than most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back