Clubs fear NRL can't afford to expand

Remove this Banner Ad

Logistically Perth is a friggin nightmare and the NRL was to slow to get on board a second time after the union started up and I can see they are trying to make the right decision this time.

NBL did it. A League does it. Dont understand how its a frigging nightmare for the NRL when even the AFL does it pretty well. Its a National League not a Tasman one. If NZ dont like the idea of flying to Perth to play a game then they should leave the league

That's a great idea. The 20-25 spectators will love it.

That sounds like a gag when there is a small crowd at a game......

"You'd get a bigger crowd if Perth played NZ in Adelaide than this".:drunk:

Like playing St Kilda and Sydney in Wellington? Hawthorn and Fremantle in Launceston? North Melbourne and Western Sydney in Hobart? Port Adelaide and Melbourne in Alice Springs?

Like playing St Kilda and Sydney in Wellington? Hawthorn and Fremantle in Launceston? North Melbourne and Western Sydney in Hobart? Port Adelaide and Melbourne in Alice Springs?

Saints V's Swans in Wellington is promoting the game. Hawks V's Freo is Hawks second home. North V's GWS is becoming Norths second home. Port V's Melb is getting a game to people who love the game and struggle to get to the big city. None of your examples are two clubs saying 'hey let's meet in the middle to cut the travel down'.

If you said Freo V's Carlton meeting in Alice Springs for travel circumstances then you're on to something. But if you want to believe, that a rugby league game being played between Perth and NZ in Adelaide is plausible, then that's up to you. I'm saying it's ridiculous and has zero merit. There is a huge difference with promoting the game and the silly notion of meeting halfway. Just my thoughts:)

If Perth were to actually enter the NRL, the game between them and the Warriors could, and should, be fixtured around Origin byes. Easy soughted but I'm sure the NRL would find a way to screw that up.

Saints V's Swans in Wellington is promoting the game. Hawks V's Freo is Hawks second home. North V's GWS is becoming Norths second home. Port V's Melb is getting a game to people who love the game and struggle to get to the big city. None of your examples are two clubs saying 'hey let's meet in the middle to cut the travel down'.

If you said Freo V's Carlton meeting in Alice Springs for travel circumstances then you're on to something. But if you want to believe, that a rugby league game being played between Perth and NZ in Adelaide is plausible, then that's up to you. I'm saying it's ridiculous and has zero merit. There is a huge difference with promoting the game and the silly notion of meeting halfway. Just my thoughts:)

Why couldn't playing Perth v Warriors in Adelaide be considered promoting the game?

Why couldn't playing Perth v Warriors in Adelaide be considered promoting the game?

The topic wasn't about promoting the game. It was in regards to a neutral venue. You then gave other examples in which I pointed out those particular games were either 'home' games or 'promotional' games. You're going away from what I was saying now. And we both know you wouldn't use a brand new franchise to promote the game, when Perth would be already be in promotion mode in Perth.

I'm not into the whole debating thinga ma bobby.

NBL did it. A League does it. Dont understand how its a frigging nightmare for the NRL when even the AFL does it pretty well. Its a National League not a Tasman one. If NZ dont like the idea of flying to Perth to play a game then they should leave the league

Our U20s travel all the time and win, but for some reason it isn't translated into the senior side. Can't say I've ever heard any complaints about travelling either and as you say other teams do it and the Breakers do it extremely well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back