NRL NRL 2024 - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 28th March
Sydney Roosters vs Penrith (Allianz Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 29th March
South Sydney vs Canterbury-Bankstown (Accor Stadium - 16:05)
Brisbane vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 30th March
St.George-Illawarra vs Manly-Warringah (WIN Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs Dolphins (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 31st March
New Zealand vs Newcastle (Go Media Stadium - 16:05)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Canberra (PointsBet Stadium - 18:15)

Monday 1st April
Parramattavs vs Wests Tigers (CommBank Stadium - 16:00)

Bye:
Melbourne

You are guessing whether he wouldn’t have got there this is Edwards who has made his whole career out of cover defence and it isn’t just taking him out it’s the ability to create perceived pressure. There’s a simple solution though don’t run 10m through and impede the fullback could have stopped in 5m

It’s not a guess.
It’s common sense and it’s knowledge. You want black and white, this is black and white. The whole game is built on perceived pressure and the guys who scored the try I’m pretty sure can handle seeing a fullback in their periphery 10m away as they roll through a regulation movement. What’s next, players stop at 5m and park themselves there and the retreating defenders fall over them and get a penalty? Use some common sense.

The NRL have admitted it was the wrong decision.

"It is of no help now to Roosters fans still seething over a controversial bunker call in the loss to the Panthers, but NRL head of Football Graham Annesley has admitted his team made an error."

Annesley is hopeless then, very happy for that to be ruled no try even if it’s on our side. Don’t run into blokes over the carry on from sides who “bend the rules”.

It’s not a guess.
It’s common sense and it’s knowledge. You want black and white, this is black and white. The whole game is built on perceived pressure and the guys who scored the try I’m pretty sure can handle seeing a fullback in their periphery 10m away as they roll through a regulation movement. What’s next, players stop at 5m and park themselves there and the retreating defenders fall over them and get a penalty? Use some common sense.

He ran through the line for 12 metres you gave the video ref an out. More than comfortable with the decision at the time and still am now.

He ran through the line for 12 metres you gave the video ref an out. More than comfortable with the decision at the time and still am now.

Then I’m sorry to use a tired cliche but you don’t understand football. He runs full speed through the line - as he’s entitled to do. He has to ensure he gets clear of everyone in that line even if they turn to go backwards.

Put some onus on the f**king defenders to do their job and f**king defend. It’s that simple. Put some onus on a world class fullback to know where he should be. Stop putting onus on attacking players to have to know within some microscopic patch of turf where they are allowed to be, and make defenders accountable to do their job and learn how to read a play.

Billy Slater wouldn’t have been in that situation last night. He would have already been past JWH. He’d have read what was happening before it happened.

Edwards scored an unbelievable try in that game last night stepping around space and players left right and centre and putting in a kick and you’re telling me he can’t move around a front rower that he can see in front of him from 10m away?

What a joke.

It’s spineless football and goes against everything the game should be about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dearden makes that obscene effort to save the try, then an abysmal offload in their own end on the second tackle and some terrible ruck defence lets the broncos in. No one to blame but themselves

Farr Ken knew it. Sea Eagles way to predictable in attack and not tight defensively.

I can't blame all the dropped balls either with St George dropping it just as much.

May make the 8, but not serious challengers.

Farr Ken knew it. Sea Eagles way to predictable in attack and not tight defensively.

I can't blame all the dropped balls either with St George dropping it just as much.

May make the 8, but not serious challengers.
Funny if they don’t make it, cause you know, Brooks.

That first game was like watching Billy Madison, it was 20 per cent on IMDB but somehow you wanted to see it out.

The Zac Lomax shot at goal and Ben Hunt chip kick that landed in the 50th row of the hill crowd summed up the day for all involved.

I don't understand the angst this guy cops. What's the back story?

Didn't think he was much worse or better than the rest of the team yesterday.
I stand to be corrected but when he was at wests there were a lot of very public contract disputes and it felt like he threatened to walk everytime he wasn’t getting a top 10 contract (mostly for top 150 work).

I think he’s a bit of a whipping boy, probably a touch unfair but his rep is that he thinks he’s very very good when in reality he’s just alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back