NRL NRL 2024 - Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 21st March
Penrith vs Brisbane (BlueBet Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 22nd March
New Zealand vs Canberra (Apollo Projects Stadium, Christchurch - 18:00)
Sydney Roosters vs South Sydney (Allianz Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 23rd March
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Gold Coast (Belmore Sports Ground - 15:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs North Queensland (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Leichhardt Oval - 19:35)

Sunday 24th March
Parramattavs vs Manly-Warringah (CommBank Stadium - 16:05)
Newcastle vs Melbourne (McDonald Jones Stadium - 18:15)

Bye:
Dolphins

At the risk of defending the indefensible the sport needs an obstruction rule, we dont want blockers in the defensive line leading to tries so its always going to be a rule that either winds up black and white (as it is) and at the very least you cant argue for one over another, or you make it an interpretation rule which leads to inconsistency.

I dont know which is better (i lean toward interpretation so that ones like yesterday can be considered more than just "was he in the line").

I swear they added in the defensive decision thing for this year so that they could have some consideration around bloke who were never tackling or never really in the play not being able to milk those obstruction calls, hence the question.

Yesterdays was a shocker.

Absolutely they need to have a rule but I think the league simply needs to start punishing players for obviously not trying to make the effort. Simple as that. They will soon sort out the legitimate obstructions from the unobtrusive ones

Absolutely they need to have a rule but I think the league simply needs to start punishing players for obviously not trying to make the effort. Simple as that. They will soon sort out the legitimate obstructions from the unobtrusive ones
Im not sure how you punish the players trying to milk it? Professional foul 10 in the bin? Feels harsh for the first bloke who just gets bumped at the wrong angle.

I cannot believe Leo Thompson has been charged for the incident with Papenhuyzen.

I understand it looked theatrical with limbs going everywhere but Leo was looking at the ball the entire time, had no idea where Pap was. He's basically been charged for not jumping at the football.

I understand the want to protect fullback's but what they're essentially confirming here is that the attacking team can't contest the football.

I cannot believe Leo Thompson has been charged for the incident with Papenhuyzen.

I understand it looked theatrical with limbs going everywhere but Leo was looking at the ball the entire time, had no idea where Pap was. He's basically been charged for not jumping at the football.

I understand the want to protect fullback's but what they're essentially confirming here is that the attacking team can't contest the football.

Yeah I thought he was going for the ball too.

Mitchell Moses - Fractured foot.
Out for up to three months.

Another season over for the Eels. :( :(
I want to laugh. I really do.

But I want the Giants players to stay healthy this year so I’m gunna refrain.

Cronk on 360 angling for a job on the commission.? "Rule is clear cut, well umpired".

No discussion on whether we want to see that kind innocuous contact haul back a brilliant try. I switched it off, no need to watch his hour long interview.

I thought Parra/Manly was a cracking contest. Two of the best 7s around (probably #2 & #3 for me) on the top of their games. The injury to Moses is a real shame. Newcastle/Storm, OTOH, dull as ditch-water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back