NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

Does give us something to watch a week early.

I'm glad it's not my club over there though.

I guess, it just seems brainless. What is the point? You aren't getting NFL fans to be RL fans.

I agree, it's the decision of the egotistical maniac that runs the game.

He's now talking about trying to get a US style Super League set up - I just don't see how that'll ever be viable.

Yeah all for some plans but make them achievable, PNG might be but this expansion into the US is silly

I really don't think a PNG team will ever work but you're right, at least that actually makes some sense.

If the want international exposure play wore international games, and you watch all 4 teams playing in it are exhausted and take a month before starting well

Has there been any public info on if the 4 competing clubs are being rewarded by the NRL in any way?

If they do struggle in the aftermath, it's going to be a hard sell on getting clubs to agree to do this again.

If I were a season ticket older I’d be annoyed too if I lost a home game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they're already looking at it again for next season.

Penrith want to go next year because they'll lose their home ground for refurbishments anyway. They're happy to play games elsewhere next season.

If it’s a Penrith vs Bris GF watch that be a Vegas game to kickoff the season. I hate the idea for a number of reasons

I’d be wondering why the game is being played on a smaller field than what is normal. 100 yard field not the same as a 100 metre field 🤪🤪🤪

People who don't even like the game are talking about it almost like they're trying to convince themselves it's a bad idea.

The media attention alone has probably made it worthwhile.

It's only good for the teams that aren't playing. The games should have been last weekend to give the teams recovery but that would actually mean the NRL actually thinking about those things. I'm not against it in principle but what's the point? What's it planning to achieve because they ain't getting NFL fans to be RL ones.

It's only good for the teams that aren't playing. The games should have been last weekend to give the teams recovery but that would actually mean the NRL actually thinking about those things. I'm not against it in principle but what's the point? What's it planning to achieve because they ain't getting NFL fans to be RL ones.
Why should it? That means those 4 clubs would have played last weekend and then not had a game for 3 weeks - that doesn't work.

Why should it? That means those 4 clubs would have played last weekend and then not had a game for 3 weeks - that doesn't work.

Gives them more rest, it will take these clubs a minimum of a week to get over the trip and recovery. Could have streamlined it with the WCC on the same weekend. Then allow the clubs to have a week off, then play a trial leading into the season. NRL cares about one thing and it sure is not the players

Gives them more rest, it will take these clubs a minimum of a week to get over the trip and recovery. Could have streamlined it with the WCC on the same weekend. Then allow the clubs to have a week off, then play a trial leading into the season. NRL cares about one thing and it sure is not the players
That's fine because they'll have 2 weeks off before their next game.

Why would you play a game for points and then come back and play a trial? Makes no sense.

That's fine because they'll have 2 weeks off before their next game.

Why would you play a game for points and then come back and play a trial? Makes no sense.

Personally I'm giving the players a longer break than they need. If the WCC is 3 weeks prior, pplay this one then, don't even have to play the trial, they get to prepare for the season properly. Hopefully it only lasts a year or two and knowing Vladys that will be the case before he moves onto his next shiny toy idea. I just hope the bloke doesn't involve my club.

Personally I'm giving the players a longer break than they need. If the WCC is 3 weeks prior, pplay this one then, don't even have to play the trial, they get to prepare for the season properly. Hopefully it only lasts a year or two and knowing Vladys that will be the case before he moves onto his next shiny toy idea. I just hope the bloke doesn't involve my club.
Aren't your club the Rabbitohs?

2 weeks is more than they'll need. They're finely tuned athletes. Footballers travel all over the world during international breaks and don't get 2 weeks off.

Aren't your club the Rabbitohs?

2 weeks is more than they'll need. They're finely tuned athletes. Footballers travel all over the world during international breaks and don't get 2 weeks off.

I hate us going over there, complete waste of time, least we aren't giving up a home game. Hopefully this "idea" only lasts a season or two before it's canned. All for growing the game, but I'd rather do it to an area that is realistic. NO fan of the NFL will become a RL fan so what is the point. More sense taking a game to PNG for instance, or Auckland (I'd be all for these two options). Personally I don't see the point and the NRL bleats about player welfare but isn't doing enough to protect players early in the season. Better not be injuries playing on US turf (ask NFL fans what they think of the turf lol).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back