Coaches aftermatch press conference

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone else feel the aftermatch press conference is a bit like playing jeopardy?
The coach answers a question however you have no idea what was asked as you can't hear the journo's question?

How about miking up the reporters so you can actually hear what they are asking? Not that hard surely.

Anyone else feel the aftermatch press conference is a bit like playing jeopardy?
The coach answers a question however you have no idea what was asked as you can't hear the journo's question?

How about miking up the reporters so you can actually hear what they are asking? Not that hard surely.

I like it - its part of the game
Reporter:
<mumble mumble nat fyfe>

Ross Lyon:
Yes well thats a good point and I think Nat had a good game.

They did briefly experiment with having a camera to show the reporter at some point during the season - i think the plan is for it to come in next year?

Only the Channel 7 games on Friday night and Saturday night show the Press conferences, the CH7 people have the handheld mike while another one has a handheld one that they hold above another journalists.

During all of the other press conferences, you don't see the journalists in the room and the only mikes are on the table.

The conferences being so inane and repetitive are more of a concern to me.

i stopped watching them. our coach is always refreshingly honest and he's good to listen to but he just gets the same questions so he gives the same answers, ends up paraphrasing himself whilst doing the best job he can answering these idiots. but yeah, not having the questions mic'd up just made it even more annoying. but the questions aren't worth hearing anyway. really the whole thing is useless. pressers in american sports and in soccer are useless too. nobody gives a s**t about their boring answers to the boring questions. nobody gives a s**t about the media they get printed in any more. has anyone ever learned anything from anything a coach or manager has said in a presser?

I can't say I've noticed too much problem with the audio - though you can definitely hear some journos getting more audible as a mike gets closer to them. What I want to know is does Mark Stevens always get to ask the first question in every presser he attends?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back