News Coaches Votes (AFLCA champion player of the year)

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Josh Daicos not get 10 votes. A joke

I thought Daicos, Cameron and Danger were all awesome - not fussed by a coach thinking one was better than the other.
Agreed but the stupid part is that one coach has given Daicos 5th best on ground (one would assume Scott). He’s a terrible sook whenever an umpiring decision or anything doesn’t go his way. Your team generally shouldn’t dominate your votes when you get comprehensively outplayed, even if you kick some junk time goals to even it up.

Cats were not comprehensively outplayed. This game was 50/50. 2 quarters each. And really, they should have had enough to win or at least hit the lead in the last.

Cats were not comprehensively outplayed. This game was 50/50. 2 quarters each. And really, they should have had enough to win or at least hit the lead in the last.

We were up by 4 goals + in the last. Margin was flattering for them.

Dangerfield i can see, but Atkins 4 vs Daicos 1 - no effing way. Scott must have a vendetta against the Daicos'
What is wrong with everyone, Scott has already explained this, in his PC. The Pies didn’t win this game the umpires stole it from the Pussies. Without the umps, pussies would have thrashed us, so of course they get all the votes. Simples 😒😒😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield i can see, but Atkins 4 vs Daicos 1 - no effing way. Scott must have a vendetta against the Daicos'

Yep, confirms that Chris Scott is as big a knob as we all suspected. Not that we really needed additional confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do I guess these votes correctly ?

Poor Loser Scott
5 Cameron
4 Atkins
3 Danger
2 Noble
1 Daicos

Fly the Great
5 Daicos
4 Cameron
3 Murphy
2 Checkers
1 Danger

So Scott allocated 12 out of 15 votes to his own players on the losing team….yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It was never in doubt after we were 29 points up with a few minutes to go. With zero need for percentage we strolled to the finish line.
Before it got to 29 it was reduced to 9 with 5 mins gone. Kicking 2.3 in a dominant start to the quarter. They then gave up two goals with kicking errors in defence. This is where they gave up the game. Again it's on them, but it was hardly due to our dominance or great play.

We scored 3.2 on 5 i50s for the quarter. That's pretty remarkable. They kicked 5.6 from 19 entries. We were fortunate to get as many goals as we did, they could easily have scored more.

Agree that after pulling out to a 29 point lead we probably put the cue in the rack. Still say the game overall was even (two quarters each), we just used our momentum better when we had it rather than having more of it.

Hard to see Nick holding on with 2 games remaining:(

LEADERBOARD​

99 Nick Daicos COLL
92 Zak Butters PORT
90 Christian Petracca MELB
87 Marcus Bontempelli WB
80 Connor Rozee PORT
74 Toby Greene GWS
73 Zach Merrett ESS
73 Lachie Neale BL
71 Noah Anderson GCFC
71 Jordan Dawson ADEL
69 Errol Gulden SYD
69 Caleb Serong FRE
67 Jack Sinclair STK
63 Jai Newcombe HAW
63 Tim Taranto RICH
60 Patrick Cripps CARL
58 Luke Jackson FRE
58 Jack Viney MELB
56 Tom Liberatore WB
55 Dan Houston PORT

Nick's chance of winning relies on Port losing at least one, probably two games, Dogs losing a game and Petracca remaining forward. Outside of players missing games.

Not impossible but not likely.

Nick's chance of winning relies on Port losing at least one, probably two games, Dogs losing a game and Petracca remaining forward. Outside of players missing games.

Not impossible but not likely.
You're kidding?

Ken has 2 lots of 5 votes up his sleeve

Last two rounds.

Round 23.

9. Lachie Neale
9. Scott Pendlebury
4. Charlie Cameron
2. Dayne Zorko
2. Josh Dunkley

Round 24.

8. Jordan De Goey