Colin Sylvia Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Good. Now we don't have to pay out the final year of his contract. Wasted talent imo.

Not sure you can draw that bow...

Sylvia is likely to be paid every cent of his contract.

The benefit for Freo is list space, saving on resources and possibly a rookie upgrade

It highlights the disdain Freo have for Sylvia that Ross was actively bagging him the days before the club had been trying to manufacture his retirement.

Not sure you can draw that bow...

Sylvia is likely to be paid every cent of his contract.

The benefit for Freo is list space, saving on resources and possibly a rookie upgrade

It highlights the disdain Freo have for Sylvia that Ross was actively bagging him the days before the club had been trying to manufacture his retirement.
Or maybe he is sick of copping it from everyone and is finished because of that. If he was getting every cent we may aswell make him stay around and earn it.

Or maybe he is sick of copping it from everyone and is finished because of that. If he was getting every cent we may aswell make him stay around and earn it.

Earn it at Peel?

The club doesn't want a bar of him and have told him to * off

Fev got every cent when he left Brisbane as well.

No chance the Dockers save their coin here - the manager would ensure that

Earn it at Peel?

The club doesn't want a bar of him and have told him to **** off

Fev got every cent when he left Brisbane as well.

No chance the Dockers save their coin here - the manager would ensure that
Do we save cap space, that is the real question. I assume Colin is now our new Victorian based marketing manager.

Maybe breached performance targets so you don't pay as much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we save cap space, that is the real question. I assume Colin is now our new Victorian based marketing manager.

Talk up your chances in suburban bars?

His cap space will be moved from next year to this year

I daresay that some adjustments have been required to manufacture that space

Nah, Anthony was much better. He was a gun for Collingwood early days and then some moron tried to change his kicking action because he couldnt kick more than 40m. Never mind he was a dead eye dick from anywhere inside 50.

If anything Anthony's problem was that he worked TOO hard. Had he found his natural action again he would've been a great get.

Same issue golfers have when they go away from their natural swing to try and get more distance on their drive.

Very interesting - I had no idea about the work on his action to get more distance.

Nah, Anthony was much better. He was a gun for Collingwood early days and then some moron tried to change his kicking action because he couldnt kick more than 40m. Never mind he was a dead eye dick from anywhere inside 50.

If anything Anthony's problem was that he worked TOO hard. Had he found his natural action again he would've been a great get.

Same issue golfers have when they go away from their natural swing to try and get more distance on their drive.

One of the great myths is that Jack Anthony was ever much good. He was a steady kick and an interesting trivia question, holding (from memory) the record for the most consecutive games from debut to score at least one goal. But he was always slow, not particuarly good over head, and not a ball winner. He really fluked his 50 goals with some accurate kicking that could never been sustained long term and being on the recieving end of one of the better midfields in the comp at the time.

Sylvia had more talent in his little toe than what Jack had.

It almost certainly will be in this year's cap. I agree it is a smart call - simply refuting that you guys will be saving any money
You don't recon we'll save any money? Surely he would take less coin for walking away, even if it is 50-100K less. I'm sure Woodside are offering him a job as we type.

You don't recon we'll save any money? Surely he would take less coin for walking away, even if it is 50-100K less. I'm sure Woodside are offering him a job as we type.

He won't be taking less money - sure if you guys can manufacture income outside the cap (which would against the rules)

Freo simply cutting their losses and moving on. You probably had 2 permanent staff members working with him which can be redistributed and importantly protect your brand when he undoubtedly does something stupid into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back