Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Having upgraded my system I've pulled out all the stops with my Skyrim install.

QHD graphics
350+ mods including ENB

Here's what's possible with a decent rig - no console can get within the same universe - let alone get close.

Click to enlarge.

Attachments

• jpeg2.jpg
    jpeg2.jpg
    988.9 KB · Views: 80
  • jpeg4.jpg
    jpeg4.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 80
I hate to say this but the ps5 is not that great.

New controller gives me aching arms and hands after about 15 minutes.

Can't really tell the difference between ps4 pro and ps5.
Is it the size of the controller or the haptic feedback that's bothering you?

The difference for me shines in games built specifically for the PS5 / strictly next-gen only games.

Is it the size of the controller or the haptic feedback that's bothering you?

The difference for me shines in games built specifically for the PS5 / strictly next-gen only games.

I think its the size of the handles, how they taper to a point rather than hold their shape like the dualshock 4.

It doesn't help that I have large hands and arthritis but the best way I can describe it is like using a tennis racket with a grip thats too small.

I think its the size of the handles, how they taper to a point rather than hold their shape like the dualshock 4.

It doesn't help that I have large hands and arthritis but the best way I can describe it is like using a tennis racket with a grip thats too small.
I like the design myself, but I don't have arthritis (yet). Have you looked at custom controllers or anything like that? No idea if it's a worthwhile path, but it might be more comfortable.

Doesn't help that the controllers are so expensive!

I like the design myself, but I don't have arthritis (yet). Have you looked at custom controllers or anything like that? No idea if it's a worthwhile path, but it might be more comfortable.

Doesn't help that the controllers are so expensive!

Bit too complicated, I don't really play that much, once every few months just leave it for the nephews and nieces

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am working on getting my own stream channel up and running to show off some games, I am not a hardcore gamer like my siblings are but I do play some games from time to time. I have been invested in some sport games.

Ok so if you want to see what Skyrim SE/AE can look like pushed to it's limits on a PC you're up for a 3000 12GB series video card, a decent i7, at least 16GB of system ram, a decent sized SSD and a good monitor.

My System

i7 9000 series

RTX3060 Super 12GB video card

Viewsonic 27 inch flat panel 1ms

The basic Skyrim SE/AE installation is 155GB (this is on a separate drive to the windows installation to give the highest access rate)

The mod folder is 10.3GB by itself and includes in excess of 700 individual mods :eek::eek::eek:.

But the eye candy is just gorgeous and well worth the effort and expense - in my humble opinion.

ScreenShot12.png

ScreenShot3.png
ScreenShot23.png

These screenshots simply don't do it justice - it's simply jaw dropping good.

All this at 60FPS in the wilderness and 40FPS in settled areas (towns and cities).

I've been doing my own gaming story using Australian Football Coach 2023, I decided to create my own fictional footy universe and have been playing as Glenorchy Huskies, and also Bridport Seagulls...I've added in an Allies All-Stars mens and womens team to try and get some interactive comments in a footy group I am in on Facebook. Have a look at how its been going: Dave's Gaming Stories

I am going to also do the same with Football Manager as well, create a fictional team and go from there.

That would be a shame, I would be fine with there being a small charge to play some old games via emulators.

and Actually Own it with a Rom File and not just Streaming like they do on the Switch

and Actually Own it with a Rom File and not just Streaming like they do on the Switch
yeah definitely. I would really like that, there are many old games I would like to own again and play again like I did as a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back