Roast Collingwood supporters brawling again - this time against our fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Those type always pick their marks well.

The secret to intimidation of any kind is picking the right person. The victims just need to show a little vulnerability and these downhill skiiers will pile in. Give them a fair fight and they will pass every time. I wonder how all those of us abusing Billings or Richo or Gilbo or Gears or Armo would go using their real name and face and being as accessable as their victims.

There's having a bit of banter and then there's just plain abuse and some folks just aren't sensitive enough to see the difference or not empathetic enough to care.

JB needs to forget about Saints footy for a while, just get back to enjoying his sport again. Take however long it takes. We're doing it for Paddy, Robbo and Freezable, why should JB be any different?

The club has inadvertently laid all the pressure for performance on his shoulders. Pick 3 around 100 games, everyone's expecting big things this year, used in all the publicity from AFLX to Good Friday, to membership: pretty much every email I get from the club has a background image of the Lesser Spotted Celebrating Billings. His tribulations mirror his club's and everyone is desperately waiting, begging, praying for Jack to get it together.

Every missed goal, dropped mark, dodged contest is putting more and more pressure on him. I don't need him to be Nick Riewoldt, he needs to feel like his team have got his back, not the other way around.

Anyway, I like the suggestion a few posts back if extending his contract and giving him a month - 6 weeks in the twos. It absolutely needs to be clarified that it is not a punishment, it is to find enjoyment again. If it were possible, I'd actually suggest Ammos, maybe up in the NT or in the outback. The lowest profile possible, he needs the equivalent of a monks retreat, living in some community with 150 people playing footy for a laugh with mates. Come back a new man. Or find something else he wants to do.

It feels cruel to keep watching him week after week, like some shitty social experiment they might have had a reality show about 15 years ago.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/co...l/news-story/ed7b52db04b2fb5dd17ccfb0a2b3d982
So not only was there a punch on down stairs there was one in the EJ Whitten bar. Both seemingly triggered by mouthy Pies fans.

So I'm waiting outside on Saturday night after the game as my Mum has her post-game dart and these guys saunter up, and a bloke, obviously inebriated, says something along the line of "go Saints, unlucky tonight, blah, blah, blah" in a three-quarters cut drawl. I exchange pleasantries without seeming too interested (I was pretty bummed) and go back to looking at my phone. Few seconds later I feel a light tap on my back and I think nothing of it. Then I get a wet jumper sleeve right across the face. I turn around to see what has happened and it is this drunk bloke looking to provoke me. He's small but his three mates are much bigger and I'm not a fighter anyway so I get going then tell Mum what happened (she didn't see it and would have been into this bloke's face if she had seen it).

Walking back to the car I just notice a lot more inebriated people than normal. Just seemed really bad on Saturday night. Not at all surprised about the other stories now emerging. Glad I left the kids at home.

I refuse to go to the games against the Pies now. Just a putrid environment to sit through, as a whole they are a horrible bunch of kents.

Said it previously but it’s the only fixture where the atmosphere seems edgier and noticeably different from other games and I don’t think it’s an over reaction to say that you see the worst of the Australian general public at these games.

I’m also an idiot with a short temper that would rise to the bait and react if I got some of the treatment others have described on here. Which would prob result in me getting my arse handed to me.

Last edited:
So I'm waiting outside on Saturday night after the game as my Mum has her post-game dart and these guys saunter up, and a bloke, obviously inebriated, says something along the line of "go Saints, unlucky tonight, blah, blah, blah" in a three-quarters cut drawl. I exchange pleasantries without seeming too interested (I was pretty bummed) and go back to looking at my phone. Few seconds later I feel a light tap on my back and I think nothing of it. Then I get a wet jumper sleeve right across the face. I turn around to see what has happened and it is this drunk bloke looking to provoke me. He's small but his three mates are much bigger and I'm not a fighter anyway so I get going then tell Mum what happened (she didn't see it and would have been into this bloke's face if she had seen it).

Walking back to the car I just notice a lot more inebriated people than normal. Just seemed really bad on Saturday night. Not at all surprised about the other stories now emerging. Glad I left the kids at home.
Weak Bastards. They do pick their marks. "Cowards." I'm annoyed I wasn't there.

It feels cruel to keep watching him week after week, like some shitty social experiment they might have had a reality show about 15 years ago.

Yes it’s very much like
THERES SOMETHING ABOUT MIRIAM watching Billings atm

They are scum! Last 2 weeks prove just what a feral bunch of neanderthals they all are!
Social experiment results have shown that Cognitive thinking, all sense of reason, IQ levels, good manners and just all round hygiene
seem to disappear magically soon as the choice is made to follow this Stinking Turd of a club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back