Collingwood Teams, PieLebo87 view

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
The universities, high schools, tafe institutes are back upon us this week, and in just my 3rd class this semester, Im sitting up the front, bored, filling this out on a blank piece of paper. Enjoy. Tell me what your opinion if it is, without resorting to making all these changes yourselvs. Cheers.

Collingwood's 2007 Final's Team;

F; Thomas, Rocca, Cook/Dick
HF; Didak, Cloke, Lonie
C, Shaw, O'Bree, Lockyer
HB; Shaw, O'Brien, Goldsack
B; Clement, Presti, Johnson
R; Fraser, Pendles, Swan

Davis, Burns, Clarke, Maxwell, Licuria.

Ive included Cook/Dick, as the suprise picks for this years finals. I believe that Cook is deserving for a debut, and could use the finals experience, so two, with Dick. I believe Brad Dick can provide the CFC with that X-factor in September, the bonus being that he isnt a one trick pony, he has accurate kicking, and will know how to use the footy. All MM would ask of him is to just make sure he adds major defensive pressure in the forward line and just run, run and run.

Collingwood's 2008 Team;

Davis, Rocca, Buckley
Didak, Cloke, Thomas
Swan, O'Bree, Lockyer
Goldsack, Clement, Shaw
O'Brien, Presti, Johnson
Fraser, Pendles, Clarke

Egan, Cox, Shaw, Dawes, Iles

And finally;

The Collingwood Magpies Team of the future;

Rusling, Dawes, Dick
Thomas, Cloke, Didak
Lockyer, Pendles, Davies
Stanley, O'Brien, Goldsack
Clarke, Brown, Toovey
Fraser, Swan, Shaw(c)

Reid, Iles, Maxwell, Shaw, Johnson, Egan, Cook, Cox

Obviously with the last team, its a whole lot more difficult because it all depends on the development of our younger players, the fall of some of our senior figures ect. So you'll notice Reid and Johnson on the bench, why? Because I don't have as much confidence in Johnson as I do in the midfield and backline to do the job at a high standard in 4 to 5 years. And Reid is on the bench, because I just cant figure out his position, so once that has been sorted out next year, year after, he'd slot into that position and that player would go to the bench.

All in all, we really do have a bright future, and for once, we can all, as Collingwood supporters, say that with confidence. Hold your heads up high gentlemen and ladies, because over the next decade, we, as a football club, should have our aims on winning the AFL premiership, and thats something to look forward to. Go the Mighty Magpies!

Anthony in the team of the future, he must be there! He is the next Jimmy Clement!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back