List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, did you know all midfielders are the same type of midfielder and are expected to play the same roles as each other.

Even if they play predominantly on the wing they still have to be the player in and under, extracting the ball or shitting down an oppositions best player.

I'm sick of Brisbane playing the bloody victim. Yes, you've lost a crap load of young talent, and this got absolutely nothing to do with you being outside Victoria. If I'm correct there is 7 other non-Victorian teams, that don't have this big a problem.
Hawthorn- Vic team- players are bloody willing to play in their seconds just in hope to one day play in a premiership.
The culture at Brisbane must be absolutely awful. Afl seriously need to have a look at that. GWS signed everyone except Treolar, and they had an abundance of talent compared to Brisbane, fair few were Victorians too.

Last edited:
anybody else thinking Howe is waiting to make a decision til we get one of the Aish or Treloar deal done?

Only if we get him for a BK straight swap. Not sure how we would get him otherwise with all the other things going on.

From his manager apparently it's out of GC, staying at Melbourne or two other Melbourne clubs. Id say we would be one of them. Also said clubs liked him in the Gunston role. That sounds like something that would fit our needs.

No, we are not rejoicing. What's our options? It seems FAIR in the whole scheme of things. Especially when you consider that we think our second rounder and Oxley is enough for a "promising" top 10 pick in Aish.

Freeman is a promising top 10 pick too, injury has prevented him from showing it but the talent and elite attributes are the same as when he was drafted.

Pick 24 which will become 26 is not "fair" value but it is all we can expect, due to being bent over a barrel.
The acceptance that it is fair for an elite talent is why I state many are "happy" to receive it but reality is Saints are making out like bandits.

Scharenberg was also injured for 2 years yet you are using him as your counter argument for Aish but ignoring it completely with Freeman trade.:confused:

You do that and Brisbane will let you have Keayes. Keayes hates Collingwood with a passion. Referred to your club as scum and other things during last years trade period. He is Brisbane through and through. You take him off us, and we can get him for free in 2 years time when he ****s your club over. Please do it.
Nah you can keep him, fits in well with the other mouths and Twitter tools you have at Brisbane.

You do that and Brisbane will let you have Keayes. Keayes hates Collingwood with a passion. Referred to your club as scum and other things during last years trade period. He is Brisbane through and through. You take him off us, and we can get him for free in 2 years time when he ****s your club over. Please do it.

So I guess it's okay to $&@" club over, but not ask for a trade?

Just send him to the PSD make a stand Pies not a feeder club!11!! lmao.

And what, you're backing yourself in to finish 18th again in 2 years time so you can pick him up in the PSD? Or are you going to admit that the PSD threat is fake and no one really cares about it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freeman is a promising top 10 pick too, injury has prevented him from showing it but the talent and elite attributes are the same as when he was drafted.

Pick 24 which will become 26 is not "fair" value but it is all we can expect, due to being bent over a barrel.
The acceptance that it is fair for an elite talent is why I state many are "happy" to receive it but reality is Saints are making out like bandits.

Scharenberg was also injured for 2 years yet you are using him as your counter argument for Aish but ignoring it completely with Freeman trade.:confused:

But Scharenberg actually played a game, and played a fair few VFL games too. Freeman barely made it to the park. Unfortunately, pick 20 is our absolute best outcome for Freeman.
With Scharenebrg and Aish-in particular- they played football for a substansial period of time.

I haven't spoken to my source about Aish yet, so don't take this as some sort of news.

But I really think Brisbane will stick to their word about not trading Aish. I reckon the deal would have to be huge overs (and include a first round pick) for them to listen. But that isn't likely to happen in my opinion. I think our best option is to send him to the draft with a price on his head for a year. Same as Ball, but more money. Hopefully Oxley asks to be traded to Brisbane, because then if the Lions refuse to facilitate a move of two young players trying to get to their preferred destinations, the AFL might step in.

We could still win this deal yet. If the AFL step in, we may end up trading Oxley and a 2nd rounder for Aish which is probably slight unders but a huge WIN in the scheme of things considering BLs stance.

Having said all of this, I will talk to my mate and see if he's got any Aish updates for me. I doubt it though, as the decision is only 24 hours old.

You say this now but after two years at the leagues largest club I highly doubt that he'd be wanting to head back to the leagues weakest one (who I'm guessing will still be on the bottom of the ladder). I suppose he may go to GC if he really wants to go home.

Two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder? We didn't give that much for beams and he has 10x times the runs as treloar
It's probably been pointed out by now, but thats not what I said. The 2nd round pick would come back to us

If Aish is forced into the PSD and drafted by Carlton we should offer him 500k to sit out the season and play for Norwood (or our VFL team). Since he's not playing AFL it wouldn't be under our salary cap and we'd be a certainty to get him in the 2017 PSD. It would also bring so controversial as to the bring the matter to a head and force the AFL to change the rules to prevent failed clubs like Brisbane from acting in such a destructive manner.

Also has the added bonus of seriously pissing Carlton off.

People need to remember with the Ball lasting to 30 was that:

a) He had a banged up body and OP which teams needed to do medicals on to make sure they weren't picking a cooked player.
b) He made it clear he wanted no part of any other team by going AWOL.
c) He wasn't 19 and was at the end of his career.

Aish has no injury concerns over him.
Is 19 with high talent ceiling.
Was from SA meaning both clubs may take the risk on him thinking that well he is from here so he may be happy to stay.

He may last but may not, fairly risky imv.

Scharenberg played at AFL level though.

Freeman is yet to debut and didn't even make it back to the VFL.

You need to face the fact that we have very little bargaining power here for a player out of contract, one who has had two years of injury.

Unless the Hawks make a surprise move, offer up pick 18 and Freeman is prepared to go there then an early second round pick appears the best we could hope for.

So we either accept that or threaten to do a Brisbane and lose him for nothing.

I know which I prefer.

People need to remember with the Ball lasting to 30 was that:

a) He had a banged up body and OP which teams needed to do medicals on to make sure they weren't picking a cooked player.
b) He made it clear he wanted no part of any other team by going AWOL.
c) He wasn't 19 and was at the end of his career.

Aish has no injury concerns over him.
Is 19 with high talent ceiling.
Was from SA meaning both clubs may take the risk on him thinking that well he is from here so he may be happy to stay.

He may last but may not, fairly risky imv.
True. But money is huge too.

If Aish puts $1m on his head for one year and says he will just seek a trade after the year is done, ala Dangerfield, some clubs might not bother. Then once we take him, re-sign him for a further three years at $150k. Works out to just over $350k per year for four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back