Commodore 64 Memories

Remove this Banner Ad

The_Ruffneck said:
i just hope they don't se that bloody theme tune again

LOL I always had the sound down and 100% hits Vol 2 playing :)

Re: Commodore 64 downloads

almost_04 said:
thanx, one question how do you load the games up, it comes up with some blue screen im confused, how do u play the games?

load"*",8,1?

used to love getting the graphic demo floppies from the swap meets they rocked the amiga.

and the cartridge soccer game on the c64 :)

i had a memory card for my amiga a 512kilobyte expansion card lol

to think i programmed a fullon multi color database for my coin collection, wouldnt have a clue in programming now let alone use access:)

Ah, the C64.

California Games, Impossible Mission (how cool was having it speak?! ), Boulder Dash, Summer and Winter Games.

I played games on the Atari before the C64 was out and on various Sega's and various PC's over the years, but although today's consoles may have brilliant sound and colours and load fast, the C64 was the highpoint of PLAYABILITY to me. Today's games are style over substance.

What about the mags you could buy with all the sensational BASIC programs to create your own games!

Not.

I remember typing in about 6 pages for this game that was a fly spray can and you had to fly around the screen and spray the fly.

The only problem was that if you left out a line or even worse still, a number, your game wouldnt operate properly...and then you had to go back line by line and figure out what you missed out...ahh the torture!

I ended up getting it running & it was no Space Invaders...I could have cried with disappointment with the time wasted for so little in return.

Gaso

Andre said:
Ah, the C64.

California Games, Impossible Mission (how cool was having it speak?! ), Boulder Dash, Summer and Winter Games.

I played games on the Atari before the C64 was out and on various Sega's and various PC's over the years, but although today's consoles may have brilliant sound and colours and load fast, the C64 was the highpoint of PLAYABILITY to me. Today's games are style over substance.

Stay awhile, stay forever WAhahahaha ! :p

Ahh Impossible Mission absolute CLASSSSSSSSSSICCC!!!!

Dungeon Master one of the absolute rippers as well on the Amiga

Shadow of the Best & The Last Ninja

Old memories !

gee i cant stop laughing. i remember a game called frankie goes to hollywood cant remember much bout it but i was obsessed and also one game where u were a sherrif and got to choose wat to say to ppl. aww those memories lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impossible Mission was aka Mission Elevator on the Amiga wasn't it?

International Soccer kicked arse. You chose your shirt colour at the start screen and was a fun two player game.

Summer Games was ok. Summer Games II is still one of my favourite ever games...the closing ceremony was first class. Winter Games is up there too with the Bobsled, Ice Skating etc.

Impossible Mission. "Stay awhile....stay...forever muhahahahaha". What a game. What a great game. Very very high in my favourite games ever list.

Revs...an old school car racing game. The first by the great Geoff Crammond (Maker of F1GP, Grand Prix 2 etc).

Karateka was cool. I had a karate breakdance game which was cool.

I even had an Aussie Rules game. Cant recall its name, but it had the VFL teams (pre West Coast/Brisbane). Was a game where the quickest to pull your joystick in the correct direction won the ball. Mainly text based in the terms of that gameplay but you followed where the ball went on the screen. Was lots of fun.

Good old Lakers v Celtics. I had 50 or so other games that I cant remember. My Dad sold it when I was about 7 and we got an Amiga 500.

Yeah Speedball 2 was a great game as well. One of the best sports games ive played. Pity my disk only lasted about 3 months before it died and havent been able to play it since. Like others I downloaded the PC version but it wasnt the same.

Test Drive II was mad. Californie Games was fun....spent most of my time on the half pipe and the surfing. Grand PRix Circuit was good as the first sorta 'official' Formula 1 game on the market. Indy 500 was excellent to.

Harvey#29_fan said:
gee i cant stop laughing. i remember a game called frankie goes to hollywood cant remember much bout it but i was obsessed
Are you thinking of Blagger goes to Hollywood? I think there was also a Son of Blagger as well.

Harvey#29_fan said:
and also one game where u were a sherrif and got to choose wat to say to ppl. aww those memories lol
I reckon that's Law of the West. Great game. :thumbsu:

Macca19 said:
International Soccer kicked arse. You chose your shirt colour at the start screen and was a fun two player game.
Yeah, even though it was soccer, I must admit it was pretty cool. I got that on a cartridge with the computer along with Le Mans which was a racing game you played with paddles (any remember paddles?). I don't think I ever came across another game that used those controllers.

Macca19 said:
Summer Games was ok. Summer Games II is still one of my favourite ever games...the closing ceremony was first class. Winter Games is up there too with the Bobsled, Ice Skating etc.
I remember having a few of those when I initially had the tape drive. You'd play one event, then wait five or so minutes for the next event to load, play it and then repeat the process. I remember World Games being my favourite. I think it might have been the last one in the series. It had the caber toss, cliff diving, bull riding and all sorts of oddball sports. :thumbsu:

Macca19 said:
Impossible Mission. "Stay awhile....stay...forever muhahahahaha". What a game. What a great game. Very very high in my favourite games ever list.
Agreed. I remember they brought out a sequel, but it didn't seem to be quite as good.

Macca19 said:
Karateka was cool. I had a karate breakdance game which was cool.
Karateka breakdance?? How 80s. :D Never heard of that one. What did you have to do, bust some moves while you kicked some ar$e?

Some of the others I remember were a lot of arcade conversions:
1942, Ghosts and Goblins, Pacland, Commando etc.

One of the best games I ever played was Psi-5 Trading Co. - never seen anything like it before or since.

Oh, and Defender of the Crown was bloody amazing for its time (even on the 64).

Anyone here played a greyhound racing simulation game called Hounded???

Up to 8 players, you all own your own greyhounds and were able to bet on results etc.

it was so bloody addictive, you could play it for years continuing on the same game. Great multiplayer game.

Nardz said:
Anyone here played a greyhound racing simulation game called Hounded???

Up to 8 players, you all own your own greyhounds and were able to bet on results etc.

it was so bloody addictive, you could play it for years continuing on the same game. Great multiplayer game.

Yeah mate I use to play many a days with my mates with Hounded. Can you get on your PC? I would love to play it again! :)

caveman said:
Yeah mate I use to play many a days with my mates with Hounded. Can you get on your PC? I would love to play it again! :)

i tried it on an emulator a few years back, could never get it working..

it was simply a great game. many hours were spent playing that game...

i can just remember the triumph of your dog winning the final race, or the heartbreak when your champion dog chokes in a leg and gets put down :(

Nardz said:
i tried it on an emulator a few years back, could never get it working..

it was simply a great game. many hours were spent playing that game...

i can just remember the triumph of your dog winning the final race, or the heartbreak when your champion dog chokes in a leg and gets put down :(

Yes I remeber celebrating and then just about being in tears when he was put down! Great memories! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back