Commodore 64 Memories

Remove this Banner Ad

caveman said:
Yes I remeber celebrating and then just about being in tears when he was put down! Great memories! :D

i can still remember the trainers names

peter payforbest, neville notsogood, and who was the 3rd one... harry something???

Monkster said:
Impossible Mission was aka Mission Elevator on the Amiga wasn't it?

haha i remember that too (impossible mission)

"another visitor, stay a while, stay forever!"

HorseHead said:
Agreed. I remember they brought out a sequel, but it didn't seem to be quite as good.

It was pretty much the same game...still bloody good to play tho. Impossible Missions were the ultimate puzzle games.

Karateka breakdance?? How 80s. :D Never heard of that one. What did you have to do, bust some moves while you kicked some ar$e?

My mistake....it was simply a breakdance game, not a karate breakdance game. Heres a link:

http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/breakdance/breakdance.htm

International Karate was hell fun too. Further you got the better belt you got. Awesome simple gameplay. Major fun. The Pitstop series were great games. I liked the first Pitstop better....may not have looked as good but the actual pitstoping in that game kicked major arse.

I could go on for weeks about C64/Amiga games.

Spy vs Spy was a fun game.

Zorro was fun.

Warhead (I think it was called) was a major fun war/navy game.

Heres a pic of International Karate (IK+)
ik_plus_02.gif

Bubble Bobble, Wizball, Microprose Soccer, Kennedy Approach, Hardball. The 'Quest' series....Police Quest, Kings Quest, Space Quest.

Argh...too much reminiscing.

Macca19 said:

Zorro was fun.

Heres a pic of International Karate (IK+)
ik_plus_02.gif

Bubble Bobble, Wizball, Microprose Soccer, Kennedy Approach, Hardball. The 'Quest' series....Police Quest, Kings Quest, Space Quest.

international karate rocked!

Macca19 said:
It was pretty much the same game...still bloody good to play tho. Impossible Missions were the ultimate puzzle games.

My mistake....it was simply a breakdance game, not a karate breakdance game. Heres a link:

http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/breakdance/breakdance.htm

International Karate was hell fun too. Further you got the better belt you got. Awesome simple gameplay. Major fun. The Pitstop series were great games. I liked the first Pitstop better....may not have looked as good but the actual pitstoping in that game kicked major arse.
I don't remember ever seeing the breakdance game, but it looks kind of funny. Epyx games were almost always really good.

Yeah, IK+ was a great game. I think there was one called Way of the Exploding Fist as well, but it was nowhere near as good.

As for Pitstop... I vaguely remember the first one, but I think I got Pitstop II first, from memory.

Another one I thought of: Ghettoblaster. That's one of my favourites. You walked around town with a... ghettoblaster collecting tapes. You had to "shoot" people with the music and make them dance. The streets in the town were all named after songs. http://www.lemon64.com/index.php?ma...ist.php?type=genre&name=Arcade&lineoffset=462

I think I'm going to have to get my 64 out of the cupboard this weekend. I haven't even looked at it for at least a couple of years now. :D

Macca19 said:

Zorro was fun.

I wonder how long those old discs will actually last? Some of them in my collection would be pushing 15-20 years old now [shakes head in disbelief]. It makes me wonder if there's some way of transferring them over to a pc or something for preservation purposes.

Can't believe I forgot about these...but the old text based adventure games were absolutely brilliant. There were a series of games brought out by a company which was the text based style...with a little basic graphic of the scenery in the top right corner. A couple of titles were Smuggler's Inn, and Scroll.

Anyone remember these gems?

fugsy said:
Can't believe I forgot about these...but the old text based adventure games were absolutely brilliant. There were a series of games brought out by a company which was the text based style...with a little basic graphic of the scenery in the top right corner. A couple of titles were Smuggler's Inn, and Scroll.

Anyone remember these gems?

They were awesome! We played them at primary school, King Solomon's Mines and Mystery Island? I loved them. I took(pinched!) the one from primary school and had it at home but it broke somehow.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These three in response to what others have written :

1. Blagger Goes to Hollywood, every room had a different superhero/villain trying to kill you, with the music from that movie!
2. LeMans and International Soccer :) Watch out for the ice.
3. Ghettoblaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made an album of my own as a kid using the tunes. Macrobiotic Rice Lentil Blues!
4. Mission Impossible, yep, what's not to like! Had it stolen off me.

Now, here's some of my big ones (I have been using the emulators for a couple of years) :

Quo Vadis (incredibly addicting, played it for years, then later, played it for years again!)
Almazz (not as good as Quo Vadis but along the same lines)
Labyrinth
Secret Of Bastow Manor
Colossal Adventure (and it WAS colossal)
Twin Kindom Valley
Ghostbusters (just like when I had a C64, I still can't really work out how to play it!)
Jumpman Junior
Skramble
Spy v Spy
Spyhunter
The Evil Dead
Glider Pilot
3d Waterski
Demon Stalker (took ages to get this to work again, but finally, and yay!)
Juice (bounce around and avoid bad guys)
Rocky Horror Show
The Hobbit
Entombed
Galactic Games

I also wrote some programs of various quality and interest, a footy one called Real Time Footy, an adventure game, and whatever else, can't fuklly remember, have lists at home.

Those games in magazines, I typed a few in and got them to work : Bat, Castle, Lawnmower, Salmon Run.

The memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gauntlet, the ultimate arcade game.

Ghostbusters was cool. I knew what to do but got lost when the Marshmallow Man popped up.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
2. LeMans and International Soccer :) Watch out for the ice.
Mobbs, did you ever come across any other game that used paddles besides LeMans? Paddles were a sadly underutilised method of control. I actually reckon LeMans with paddles is still one of the best racing games I've ever played. :thumbsu:

Mobbenfuhrer said:
3. Ghettoblaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made an album of my own as a kid using the tunes. Macrobiotic Rice Lentil Blues!
"Oh no... the bandit of the beat stole your boogie..." (I think). :D They don't make 'em like that any more.

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Now, here's some of my big ones (I have been using the emulators for a couple of years)...
What do you think of the emulator? I downloaded one and had a very quick play around with it. My question: how do you control the games without a joystick? What's the substitute? (yeah, I should read the manual/guide, but haven't got around to it yet)

Seeing i was an Amstard owner all c64 play was at friends houses

Blue Max
1 on 1(dr J v Larry Bird) loved smashing the backboard!!
Cops and Robbers(banned at school!!)
QIX
Way of the exploding fist

Mymate had a program called sentance maker which showed kids how sentances were put together, with some deft reprogramming we made it display stuff like 'Bitch blanket ripper' and the hysterics inducing 'Elle McPherson blew on Jesus"

QIX. Had that on my Amiga. Loved it.

I could spend hours talking about the old Amiga too. Think Im gonna have to go to my parents house, pick it up and set it up again.

Macca19 said:
QIX. Had that on my Amiga. Loved it.

I could spend hours talking about the old Amiga too. Think Im gonna have to go to my parents house, pick it up and set it up again.
Macca, do you have a working copy of Speedball 2? I will kill any three people you name if you would be willing to part with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back