C'wealth Commonwealth Games - Glasgow 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the best article I have read about Commonwealth vs Olympic medals. It's a South African site, but the message is the same for Australia - indeed all Commonwealth countries. The base message is for the Top 10 Commonwealth nations, If you win 6 Commonwealth medals, you can expect to win One Olympic Medal.

http://sportsscientists.com/2014/07/commonwealth-calibration/

Watching the Steve Moneghetti press conference. There is no doubt it my mind that this Eric Hollingsworth thing is a massive beat up. There are massive holes. It's hardly a horrible act. Dave Culbert's commentary, both on radio or tv, has not impressed me at all. The rumour that he alluded to, but did not expand on (what vaughany was referring) was very underhand. Disingenuous.

The coverage early on one and then from about 2 am is bearable compared to the rest

I miss the fox coverage of the olympics where i could watch whole events, hope they have that for rio

The coverage early on one and then from about 2 am is bearable compared to the rest

I miss the fox coverage of the olympics where i could watch whole events, hope they have that for rio
For some reason the TV stations think that we want to watch them interviewing people. Then they have this notion that the Olympics/CG is all about the Swimming and show us HEATS.. thats right.. HEATS live over the top of gold medal winning stuff. I wish I ran a TV station during the Olympics.

I'm backing the coach over the diva. So many Aussie athletics people become divas when they win something because they are rare.

Glad we crossed live to see tony jones pestering him

Watching the Steve Moneghetti press conference. There is no doubt it my mind that this Eric Hollingsworth thing is a massive beat up. There are massive holes. It's hardly a horrible act. Dave Culbert's commentary, both on radio or tv, has not impressed me at all. The rumour that he alluded to, but did not expand on (what vaughany was referring) was very underhand. Disingenuous.
He did mention that out of a team of 80?, 20 athletes, along with Pearson, don't talk to Hollingsworth. That seems like a lot of the team to have off side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did mention that out of a team of 80?, 20 athletes, along with Pearson, don't talk to Hollingsworth. That seems like a lot of the team to have off side.
20 of 99. Tbh, if you're in charge of that many people, by laws of probability there's bound to be a certain % that aren't going to like you. But that's still 60-79 people that think he's a positive, or not a negative influence. Dave's been using specific words to enhance his/Pearson's pov. Reading Hollingsworth statement, there's nothing offensive about it.

Fancy cherry picking Tamsyn Lewis to further discredit this bloke. If he's as blunt as he's made out to be, no wonder she didn't like him. Mrs Workaholic was her reputation...Not!

I am not surprised that some of these media darlings get a little precious and don't like what they hear from a bloke like this Hollingswood when they stink it up.

If Pearson wants to be the captain she needs to front up at the training camp or whatever it was on time. Yes, it really is that simple.
Not turning up last minute is ok. But there has to be the necessary communication/explanation, done out of respect.

Anyone who says something negative about Sally Pearson is going to cop it given she is Australia's only Olympic level track and field medal winning athlete.

20 of 99. Tbh, if you're in charge of that many people, by laws of probability there's bound to be a certain % that aren't going to like you. But that's still 60-79 people that think he's a positive, or not a negative influence. Dave's been using specific words to enhance his/Pearson's pov. Reading Hollingsworth statement, there's nothing offensive about it.

Fancy cherry picking Tamsyn Lewis to further discredit this bloke. If he's as blunt as he's made out to be, no wonder she didn't like him. Mrs Workaholic was her reputation...Not!
Well that strikes me as rather a lot of disgruntled athletes. Culbert is only one of a number of people - Monighetti, De Castella, David Grace)involved with athletics who have been supportive of her. In fact haven't really heard anyone support his stance. Hollingsworth was asked by the ath comm. to sit on the issue and it would be addressed after the games, and to keep it in house. Why wouldn't he abide by those quite reasonable requests.

Well that strikes me as rather a lot of disgruntled athletes. Culbert is only one of a number of people - Monighetti, De Castella, David Grace)involved with athletics who have been supportive of her.
Look at the state of Australian Athletics. What else are they going to say?

In fact haven't really heard anyone support his stance.
And the surprise is?

Hollingsworth was asked by the ath comm. to sit on the issue and it would be addressed after the games, and to keep it in house. Why wouldn't he abide by those quite reasonable requests.
I suspect there's more to this, than what's been letting on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back