Streaming Fear the Walking Dead

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just bad storytelling to gloss over the zombie outbreak and show us the aftermath. I had a dream, a dream of a zombie apocalypse where walkers roamed the streets in the hundreds, chewing the faces off unsuspecting members of the public. Now that dream is over, replaced by some family drama s**t with military dudes. GMAFB.

The creators said FTWD would never follow the military or the government, so the only time you will see army dudes in this is when a main character is involved. So for them to show the 9 days they skipped would have been 9 episodes of the family sitting around moaning with gun fire in the background, sure I would have liked to have seen a bit more action (go watch the trailer for next week) but I understand what they are doing and we know it all goes to s**t eventually anyway thanks to normal WD.

But seriously if after 5 seasons to TWD and half a season of FTWD you should have figured out this is a show about humans surviving with each other not a zombie shooter

It's clearly both.

It's not. It's about surviving with other humans during the apocalypse they could have literally picked any end of the world scenario they wanted but chose zombies because it looks cool in the comics

It's not. It's about surviving with other humans during the apocalypse they could have literally picked any end of the world scenario they wanted but chose zombies because it looks cool in the comics
Ah... You're one of those fans...

Reading through the thread there are some valid points & I am starting to regard the episode a bit higher. It is what it is.
Still though, whether you liked the ep or not you gotta admit the whole military leader guy angle is corny as hell. The dudes douchebagery is at unnecessarily high levels to make it so simple to ascertain he's a bad guy & get people hanging out for his demise. Just a bit over the top imo.
It's similar to inexplicably turning Meryn Trant into a surpise pedo to remind the forgetful viewers he's a baddy & give them a feel good moment for his death. Just lazy really.

Ah... You're one of those fans...

One that can enjoy the show without going
"Durrrr where are the zombies"

Then yes

Ask yourself this could most of the storylines in twd work without zombies then you have your answer

The Walking Dead isn't a good show. I wouldn't be using it as an example of anything, except how to meander and go nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.....but I wold of liked to have seen a bit more of a build up between the riot, when they escaped the barber shop and upto where all of a sudden they are in a lockdown/gated community.

Agree with others regarding the army boss, terribly written character. Get some subtlety writers. Travis is a horrible main protagonist, hopefully he goes the lori route but much quicker. I'm still struggling to like the characters, although ophelia getting some lines and more importantly a few smiles means there's at least one I enjoy watching. The mum is also starting to grow on me.

I'm not sure why but I still kind of like it, despite not liking characters or the how they're written.

was that the army shooting nick and the old lady in the building on the hill?

Id say it was either a single persons or a group of people who survived the armies cull.

Slight disconnect between the way the army seems organized and able to overcome the zombie threat in LA, yet in rural Georgia the signs when Rick woke up was that it had been chaos and they had been overrun easily by the dead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back