Analysis Single Malt GC Sporting Updates (TITANS NEWZ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hope so! Might need a canoe to get to Metricon
Wouldn't be the first time...

EK74WTQ.jpg

12,336 at Robina tonight for the two league international games. Next sports event on the Gold Coast is Brisbane Roar's final Asian Champions League group game on Tuesday.

12,464 at the QClash tonight. Not terrible but not great either.
Pretty mediocre numbers. I can understand why, especially given the weather over the past week and both teams being 0 - 4. Was really hoping for at least 15k tonight :(

Pretty mediocre numbers. I can understand why, especially given the weather over the past week and both teams being 0 - 4. Was really hoping for at least 15k tonight :(
I reckon you'll see a pretty similar crowd number next week against the Crows as well. Some have obviously jumped off the bandwagon but probably not as many as some would have thought. The Collingwood game in three weeks should get the ball rolling again.

5941 showed up for Brisbane Roar's final Asian Champions League game tonight at Robina. Fair to say it has been another unsuccessful stint for soccer on the Gold Coast.

Why did they play them on the Gold Coast?
I believe it had to do with a concert at Suncorp. Asian Champions League rules stated that the same home venue must be used by each team throughout the entirety of the tournament. So they struck a deal with the Robina venue.

5941 showed up for Brisbane Roar's final Asian Champions League game tonight at Robina. Fair to say it has been another unsuccessful stint for soccer on the Gold Coast.
Having been at all 3 ACL "home" games, this is probably the only one out of the 3 games where the reported crowd figure seems remotely plausible.

Being in The Den, just before the crowd was to be announced the whole Den started chanting "bullshit"

Another big test of the Gold Coast's loyalty to the Suns today. Below 10k is indicative of Gold Coasters jumping off the bandwagon IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight the first time ever we left at 3/4 time. The kids were fed up and asked to go home. I didn't take much convincing.
I left just after the fourth quarter started. Got to the busses and a full bus had already left to Boowaggan, with us being the last two people onto the next bus before it left. There were masses of people leaving after 3/4 time.

Id say the Suns are extremely lucky the Lions are also struggling. If Brisbane were finals bound a lot of bums would be on GABBA seats and not Metricon ones.

Heh, it was *exactly* the same. This is fairly unlikely, anyone seen any other figures floating about?
If you were trying to fudge figures then surely you wouldn't use the exact same number as the week before. It does seem odd but the amount of seats filled did look to be about the same. Their next home game against the Pies in two weeks will attract a much larger crowd figure.

Not fudging, but mistakenly publicising the wrong figure. I guess it will (or won't) resolve itself in time.
I'm fairly sure it was announced at the game as 12,464 but...

GCFC Digital, can we get confirmation that the crowd figure for the Suns-Crows game on 9 May 2015 was 12,464? The Suns-Lions game the week before also happened to be reported as 12,464 so we're wondering if it may have been a mistake.

I have a feeling we will always have "official" crowds over 10k, no matter how few show up.

The stadium didn't look half full to me last night.

I'm fairly sure it was announced at the game as 12,464 but...

GCFC Digital, can we get confirmation that the crowd figure for the Suns-Crows game on 9 May 2015 was 12,464? The Suns-Lions game the week before also happened to be reported as 12,464 so we're wondering if it may have been a mistake.

Yeah I couldn't believe it either, what are the odds!

The stadium guys restarted their system 3 times thinking it was a mistake but it kept pumping out the same figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back