Rumour Complicated trade involving Dangerfield. Good source.

Remove this Banner Ad

What? He's going to a random, unaffiliated club he'll barely be remembered as playing for to do the altruistic deed and develop their young players? Okay...

Pretty sure he wants to just play AFL for as long as he can, probably for fun and probably because he's a competitive prick. And also probably because even $150,000 is good money.
No one will want him though, think about it, maybe Richmond for a season, North Melbourne, some middle-tier team, they'd rather spend there money on younger players and developing them, not a washed up hack that is of little to no value now.

No one will want him though, think about it, maybe Richmond for a season, North Melbourne, some middle-tier team, they'd rather spend there money on younger players and developing them, not a washed up hack that is of little to no value now.
Sorry, I read your post wrong. Dumb move. I thought you mean Steve Johnson was going to a team because his desire was to help out youth, not because the team wanted someone to help the youth.

Sorry, I read your post wrong. Dumb move. I thought you mean Steve Johnson was going to a team because his desire was to help out youth, not because the team wanted someone to help the youth.

Either way not sure Steve is your man for that.
For every trick he teaches a kid, they'll learn another bad habit.

Mainstream coaching would be good for Steve I would think, after 1 more year of hopefully exciting the masses with his unorthodox play.

Either way not sure Steve is your man for that.
For every trick he teaches a kid, they'll learn another bad habit.

Mainstream coaching would be good for Steve I would think, after 1 more year of hopefully exciting the masses with his unorthodox play.
Surely you jest- you do him a disservice
How to work tirelessly in every game you play? How to be a creative and thoughtful footballer? How to slot goals from anywhere? How to be skillful in all aspects of the game? How to play brilliant footy on one leg in a GF?
ps his bad habit-giving love taps to serial harassers like Ballantyne and Crowley?;)

How to work tirelessly in every game you play? How to be a creative and thoughtful footballer? How to slot goals from anywhere? How to be skillful in all aspects of the game? How to play brilliant footy on one leg in a GF?
ps his bad habit-giving love taps to serial harassers like Ballantyne and Crowley?;)
How to not pass the ball or kick a drop punt.

Not what I'm saying.
I just think a lot of what Stevie did/does only he can do that well. So while he can definitely show what it takes to be a champion, training methods, hard work, HOW to use your brain while playing...I'm not sure you'd want him to be showing the kids all his tricks straight away.

I'm not selling him short at all, if anything im saying the unique nature of his style would make it somewhat tough to impart those skills onto other players without some of them at least developing bad habits.

Not what I'm saying.
I just think a lot of what Stevie did/does only he can do that well. So while he can definitely show what it takes to be a champion, training methods, hard work, HOW to use your brain while playing...I'm not sure you'd want him to be showing the kids all his tricks straight away.

I'm not selling him short at all, if anything im saying the unique nature of his style would make it somewhat tough to impart those skills onto other players without some of them at least developing bad habits.
Yep agree, he has several skills that can't be taught and the hard work he does is a good lesson to learn.

its not a bad thought but I see a blue notacluey tag headed this way..

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not what I'm saying.

I agree with you, you watch blokes like Stevie J, not that there are many, but you watch and say "can't teach that". In this case, literally, you can't teach that.

Ive got a pretty good source close to the trade discussions around the Dangerfield trade. This is what they are looking at currently.

Dangerfield to Geelong
Stevie J & Geelong 2nd round pick to Gold Coast
Bennell & Geelong Pick 9 to Adelaide
Shuffle of later picks also being discusses as sweeteners.

Heard this is pretty close to a done deal.

Pretty ordinary source it's fair to say

Stevie J can do what he wants

Ive got a pretty good source close to the trade discussions around the Dangerfield trade. This is what they are looking at currently.

Dangerfield to Geelong

Bennell isn't going to be heading to Adelaide. Richmond or Freo only

Dangerfield to Geelong

Adelaides 1st pick would also have to go to GC. No way Bennell goes for less than a 1st round pick.

Doubt that's true anyways. Has Bennell even met with Adelaide?
All the talk is either Richmond or Freo.

Adelaides 1st pick would also have to go to GC. No way Bennell goes for less than a 1st round pick.

Doubt that's true anyways. Has Bennell even met with Adelaide?
All the talk is either Richmond or Freo.

Doubt you guys will want to pay a first rounder, plus your first rounder is virtually a 2nd rounder anyway.

Definitely will in a shallow draft.
Bennell mid, Fyfe fwd. would like that.
Though I think McCarthy would be our main target

Yeah see thats the thing, isnt your first going to go to GWS for McCarthy?
Maybe 1st next year for Bennell but that will mean the gun youth wont be there in a couple of years.

The age old tossup. How hard to go for a flag now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back