News CONFIRMED: Stevie J to play farewell game on Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

It's tempting to imagine him with his 2016 form line in our forward line at the expense of a Bartel.
yeah, I can just imagine Stevie J sacrificing his own game last week to shut down Gibson ......

you don't sacrifice one legend of our team for another.

yeah, I can just imagine Stevie J sacrificing his own game last week to shut down Gibson ......

you don't sacrifice one legend of our team for another.
I was really happy with Jimmy's role on the weekend, so maybe a bad example. I was talking generally, to have another guy in the 30-40 goal range up there this season. Like I said, I'm happy with how things have turned out for all parties regardless.

"I'd like to think that when my careers over, I'll still be remembered as a Geelong person, that's how I'd love to be remembered. Obviously I'm up at GWS and playing a role there but deep down I am a Geelong person forever, whatever happens."
I can't express how much hearing that warms my heart. Stevie was everything that made Geelong great.

That was a pretty ballsy thing to say what he did on the FS last night, considering he's contracted to GWS. I don't think his team mates would've liked it, but I admire his honesty as players in his position probably feel the same way, just don't say it publicly.

Good on him if he does end up with another flag. If it was up to him, he'd still be with us. It's tempting to imagine him with his 2016 form line in our forward line at the expense of a Bartel. I think the move itself has sparked him into better form than if he remained though. The decision also put more faith in types like Menz and Linc to own the forward 50. To be honest I haven't been as stung as I anticipated by seeing any veterans have a year or two in other clubs colours. They've pretty much all played footy that's justified staying on but we've needed to phase players out to prevent ourselves dropping off a cliff in the space of a couple years.
Yeah, I think it had to happen and was probably best for all concerned but I just didn't want it to become bitter, I wish johnno all the best at the Giants but I'm glad he still bleeds blue and white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back