List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy, Jack, Lloyd, Parker, Hannebery, Bird, McGlynn, Cunningham and Jetta are already in the same midfield right now. You're really just assuming that Hewett, Robinson, Dunkley, Heeney and Mills with a combined total of zero games will all make it, and 3 of them aren't even on the list yet. History says at least a couple of them won't make it. And by the time they are ready, will McGlynn still be around? Will all of the current players be good enough to maintain their spots? Will the youngsters you listed go past Cunningham and Lloyd so they no longer deserve a spot? It is never as big a problem as people assume.

Yes it would be a gamble however Mitchell is proven at senior level greatly improving the odds of sucess. It would be very likely we could get at least 2 senior players from Dunkley Heeney Mills (if we get all three) Hewett Perris Robinson and Jones (recruited as a small defender). All could be considered as depth for seniors next year with Mitchell filling Birds position providing some salary cap relief.

Is the gamble worth the risk?, its hard to say with so many unknowns for example how tight is our salary cap? How will a trade affect team harmony? How do the team selectors rate and how good are our fringe players?

Sometimes it can be a bigger risk to keep a good player like Bird but lose Malceski an elite defender or Mitchell who could be a future brownlow medal winner.

How are we looking for Key Position Defenders? Ted Richards is 31 and Heath Grundy 28. I assume LRT would fill the role this year (if fit) if one of those went down but I'm also assuming he's done at the end of this year. Is Tommy Walsh showing signs of being up to it or Xavier Richards? I prefer to think of Sam Reid in a more utility role.

I also imagine Alex Johnson will come back a monster after 2 years in the gym but I'm concerned about what happens if he doesn't.

How are we looking for Key Position Defenders? Ted Richards is 31 and Heath Grundy 28. I assume LRT would fill the role this year (if fit) if one of those went down but I'm also assuming he's done at the end of this year. Is Tommy Walsh showing signs of being up to it or Xavier Richards? I prefer to think of Sam Reid in a more utility role.

I also imagine Alex Johnson will come back a monster after 2 years in the gym but I'm concerned about what happens if he doesn't.

We have Aliir Aliir who from all reports was developing very nicely in the reserves but apart from him and Xavier Richards once LRT retires we won't really have any options.

Think we might recruit a mature player from a state league this year.

We have Aliir Aliir who from all reports was developing very nicely in the reserves but apart from him and Xavier Richards once LRT retires we won't really have any options.

Think we might recruit a mature player from a state league this year.
Maybe Abe Davis as well. I know he's mostly played forward, but he's a good size, and might make a nice KPD if we get him.

Yes it would be a gamble however Mitchell is proven at senior level greatly improving the odds of sucess. It would be very likely we could get at least 2 senior players from Dunkley Heeney Mills (if we get all three) Hewett Perris Robinson and Jones (recruited as a small defender). All could be considered as depth for seniors next year with Mitchell filling Birds position providing some salary cap relief.

Is the gamble worth the risk?, its hard to say with so many unknowns for example how tight is our salary cap? How will a trade affect team harmony? How do the team selectors rate and how good are our fringe players?

Sometimes it can be a bigger risk to keep a good player like Bird but lose Malceski an elite defender or Mitchell who could be a future brownlow medal winner.

I actually think the opposite is true. Certainly, Mitchell is, in my view, a required player until his contract is up, however you can't beat 2 Birds with 1 Brownlow Medallist (Hey? HEY??). By that I mean that if Mitchell comes on as we think he will and Carlton want to pay $600k for him then let them. One thing we've proven is that a midfield of very good players beats one with 3 elite and 3 not so good every time. Carlton have Gibbs, Murphy, and Thomas on massive contracts yet the relative value of a midfielder is nothing like the discrepancy between what they pay and what we apparently do. Stacking your midfield with "the best" leaves you very little room to fund elite forwards who are far harder to obtain. Whilst we continue to blood very good midfielders and we continue to bat 8 deep in the midfield we are far better to let the Carltons of the world blow their cap on the cream, as they have, and continue with our current strategy which works a treat.

Malceski will probably go next year but that's fine (if sad). We got our flag (hopefully two) and we have Rampe and others to perform that role. It allows us to keep and develop some of that very good talent mentioned. There will also be compensation which allows us space to trade up for a key position defender which is our greatest concern at the moment.

On afl 360 they said Mitchell was on 500k that is crazy.
They also said he was stuck in the ressies which was just erroneous.

Essentially they made s**t up and played some stock footage. Eddie was very happy with his editorial delivered with perfect aplomb by his lackeys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also said he was stuck in the ressies which was just erroneous.
No matter how many times people say this, it will never change the fact that after he broke the all-time record for stats recorded in a game (and was clearly fit if he can produce that sort of performance), he was not picked in the senior side the next week and had to play in the reserves.

On afl 360 they said Mitchell was on 500k that is crazy.
On SEN just now they said they've "heard" that Mitchell will be on 650-700k next year.

I assume be "heard" they mean either "made up stuff at the pub" or "saying what Eddie told me to say".

On SEN just now they said they've "heard" that Mitchell will be on 650-700k next year.

I assume be "heard" they mean either "made up stuff at the pub" or "saying what Eddie told me to say".
This reminds me of Heeney's media draft progression - first round, to top 10, to top 5, to top 3

Mitchell's salary has gone from 300k, to 400k, to 500k, and now 650-700k

This reminds me of Heeney's media draft progression - first round, to top 10, to top 5, to top 3

Yeah, i hear Heeney is now so good he's rated at pick -1. He's actually gone off the scale, and will likely not only win the rising star, but also the brownlow in his debut year. He'll likely be so good in 2015 they'll award him the 2016 brownlow as well to save time.

It's utter crap!

Watched heeney play couple times! Very classy player big bodied tall and can jump! His so noticeable with that hair! I'd rate him 8-10 nothing higher! But mills I reckon could be a top 5 pick.

That amount of cash is ridiculous.

I'm sure mitchell signed a 5 year 1million contract when he joined. (2012 _ 2016). Where do the rest of these figures come from?

It's utter crap!

Watched heeney play couple times! Very classy player big bodied tall and can jump! His so noticeable with that hair! I'd rate him 8-10 nothing higher! But mills I reckon could be a top 5 pick.

That amount of cash is ridiculous.

The problem is that we don't know. He might be top five now. In twelve months time there could be massive improvement from others. Its too early to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back