Resource Contracts [Updated 05/10/2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Currie would attract interest from Essendon or possibly brisbane if Trent West cant get going and they lose martin/ or leun.

Harper should be de-listed and re-rookied. He's done.

McKenzie, well I just dont know where to go with this.

Interesting article on afl.com.au about players over 30 at each club.

Currently we have 6, was 7 at the start of the year (Grima)

Harvey, Petrie, Waite, Firrito, Dal santo, Wells. Journo Nick Bowen is of the opinion that all will stay on next year.

If that is the case i think we will definitely lose half of them at the end of 2016 (Petrie, Firrito, Wells). Big holes to fill

Interesting article on afl.com.au about players over 30 at each club.

Currently we have 6, was 7 at the start of the year (Grima)

Harvey, Petrie, Waite, Firrito, Dal santo, Wells. Journo Nick Bowen is of the opinion that all will stay on next year.

If that is the case i think we will definitely lose half of them at the end of 2016 (Petrie, Firrito, Wells). Big holes to fill

It will leave a hole, but all are playing good footy (apart from Wellsy obviously) and should remain.

We shouldn't be dumping players just because it's not sexy enough for numptys like Hutchison who bat off over "kids". They will force their way in in due course.

It will leave a hole, but all are playing good footy (apart from Wellsy obviously) and should remain.

We shouldn't be dumping players just because it's not sexy enough for numptys like Hutchison who bat off over "kids". They will force their way in in due course.

Couldn't agree more but i feel as though we should really be aiming for the 2016 draft or free agency windows to add to our list. A lot of salary cap space opening up in the next 24 months

Still a lot of work to be done by List Management before the end of the season.

in this order

Goldstein (don't let him even think about FA)
Wright (is he seriously not contracted beyond 2015?)
Boomer
Ziebell (extension required this year)
Brown (extension required this year)
Daw
Thomas (extension required this year)
Harper
McKenzie
Petrie (done enough in the last 5 weeks, would still prefer to see him in defence)

in this order

Boomer
Daw
Harper
McKenzie
Petrie (done enough in the last 5 weeks, would still prefer to see him in defence)
Some of those blokes need to be delisted...namely Daw and Harper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you can languish in underperforming teams, I prefer not to.

I am neither here nor there with Harper, but if Daw can't have an uninterrupted pre-season and a real fair dinkum chance, i'd be disappointed. But heck who knows the guy we pick up with pick 97 may be better?

I don't see Daw being player 38 on our list costing us Premiership glory, but it may reward us with Premiership glory.

in this order

Boomer
Daw
Harper
McKenzie

Agree with all that, except Wright. I'd shop him round if he finishes the season off well.

Agree with all that, except Wright. I'd shop him round if he finishes the season off well.
does that make us a feeder club like the bulldogs in the 70s and 80s, develop players, put up with all the s**t games and when he comes good trade them out for what? an early draft pick? to start the circle of madness over again?

Sam Wright is the only defender who can both shut down an opponent and be effective by foot.

So which Wright are you trading off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back