McGenniss (r)
Warren (r)
Wallace (r)

Kennedy
L.Delaney
Mabon
Sierakowski
Gysberts

Are we expected to announce delistings during the trade period?
There is still a week left. There are unconfirmed rumors of clubs queuing up to take Kennedy, LA and Sierakowski off us. Let's just hope we resist. ;)

For argument's sake, let's say we get #41 for Delaney (ambitious IMO but oh well).

IN: Dal Santo, McDonald, Pick 30, Pick 41, Pick 47, Pick 65
OUT: L.Delaney, Gysberts, Kennedy, Sierakowski, Mabon, Anthony (to rookie list)

That would seem quite aggressive but it's possible. Not ideal given the draft is said to drop off after pick 20.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy and Siera survive.

If we do end up with that many picks expect to see a couple of mature agers drafted. For anyone wondering, if you draft someone over 23 you can sign them to just a one year deal. I think that's definitely a better option than keeping LA on the senior list.

Harvey (FA)
Firrito (FA)
Goldstein (FA)
Hansen (FA)
Grima
Adams
Bastinac
Gibson
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Garner
Wood
Wilkins
McGenniss (r)
Warren (r)
Wallace (r)
Actually, when you look at it, while Goldy and Loogie are the obvious priority signings, given the FA imperative, there really aren't a lot coming out of contract at the end of next year, other than Basti that are in the 'critical' category. Yes, Grima and to a lesser extent Patch and Gibson, and then Garner and Wood are important, but this doesn't seem particularly worrisome.

Would seriously love to take Hansen and Goldstein off the FA list before round 1. Harvey will go again in 2015 even if he plays half the games as the sub and Spud will most likely hang up the boots which I am not looking forward too

Actually, when you look at it, while Goldy and Loogie are the obvious priority signings, given the FA imperative, there really aren't a lot coming out of contract at the end of next year, other than Basti that are in the 'critical' category. Yes, Grima and to a lesser extent Patch and Gibson, and then Garner and Wood are important, but this doesn't seem particularly worrisome.

Garner and Wood are no worry. You never see young Victorians up and leave a Victorian club after 2 seasons. They always get re-signed. Just a matter of how long they get extended for.

Grima's next contract will sort itself out based on how many games he plays. If he has another injury interrupted year, he will be lucky to get a new contract. If he has a strong year, he will get 2.

:stern look

He'll come good mate.

Should never have been dropped in this first place.

Small forward without a preseason not kicking goals or getting much ball against pies, cats and swans. Get.rid.of.

We had 38(ish) tackles against pies in round 1, swallow and Harper had 20 of them.

I thought it would be good if we had a thread to keep track of the players' contracts.

Nahas

I'm updating the OP with each announcement.

I was looking for confirmation on this - the fact we've only given him a one-year deal comforts me. I'm actually coming around to his appointment as small forward depth, think our game plan will actually bring the best out of him.

Anyway - I'd like to re-advocate the 'Sticky' notion for this thread, I think it would be helpful when discussing list management, trades, free agency etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nahas
Anthony
Greenwood
Jacobs
Hine
Curran
Wilkins

It's early in the season and we have good footy to talk about, but there are the interesting ones for me.

Nahas is solid insurance for Thomas and at this stage he could find himself staying on the list.
Anthony is gone, may be picked up by a WA team.
Greenwood must be retained, if nothing else then on recent form alone.
Jacobs is coming along okay, has age on his side and could become a starting player.
Hine may be nervous, with a minimum three delistings per season he is in that small bracket.
Curran; feel for the kid never got a chance with those feet. Showed great signs for that one month he was on the park.
Wilkins is in trouble.

The only thing that may save one or two of these blokes is Firrito's likely retirement at year's end.

It's early in the season and we have good footy to talk about, but there are the interesting ones for me.

Nahas is solid insurance for Thomas and at this stage he could find himself staying on the list.
Anthony is gone, may be picked up by a WA team.
Greenwood must be retained, if nothing else then on recent form alone.
Jacobs is coming along okay, has age on his side and could become a starting player.
Hine may be nervous, with a minimum three delistings per season he is in that small bracket.
Curran; feel for the kid never got a chance with those feet. Showed great signs for that one month he was on the park.
Wilkins is in trouble.

The only thing that may save one or two of these blokes is Firrito's likely retirement at year's end.
Re Wilkins, drafted primarily out of school footy and with a few Norwood reserves games. Came in coming off shoulder reco so held back last year. Always seen as a long termer and I reckon will be retained for sure. He has some smarts and skill and is starting to fill out.

Can't believe Wright and McMahon were given two year contracts off their 2013s. Neither are looking AFL grade atm.

Safe: Harvey, Nahas, Grima, Greenwood, Gibson, Garner, Wood

Not safe: Firrito, Anthony, Jacobs, Hine, Curran, Wilkins

If Garner is safe, Jacobs is.
I agree Jacobs is safe but he's in a different boat from Garner. Jacobs will have to work/show something if he gets an opportunity to get anything better than a one year contract while Garner is still likely to get a two year on potential. Really hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back