Game Day Copeland - Congratulations Scott Pendlebury, 2014 Copeland Winner

Very much looking forward to Dayne Beams' speech on receiving the award for whichever spot he takes in the Copeland voting, likely top-3.

I would prefer he doesn't attend.

I have my doubts that he will. I'd think it could be fairly awkward if he wins and has to make a speech. Not "Daisy awkward" but awkward just the same.

He will finish second. No chance that he will win, even if he does, if you get my meaning.

I would prefer he doesn't attend.
Maybe, but it will tell us a lot about the man if he does attend and can stand up in front of a big crowd who have supported and basically loved him at Collingwood and say that this is only about his father's illness and nothing else.

Maybe, but it will tell us a lot about the man if he does attend and can stand up in front of a big crowd who have supported and basically loved him at Collingwood and say that this is only about his father's illness and nothing else.

I don't think he will attend because it is not solely about his father's illness. Whilst I have sympathy for Beams' family situation I believe a solution could be reached if he really wanted to stay. He is walking away from the club and for that reason I don't want to see him wearing our colours.

I think the top 3 in the B&F would be Pendlebury, Beams & Sidebottom but any order wouldn't surprise.

I also predict even more justification BS from Eddie than last year but after some "honest" assesments that we could have done better in some areas washed down with some assurances that we will leave no stone unturned to make Collingwod the most successful club on the planet and some focuss on non core matters like match day experiance and community projects. Should be mighty day for the cheerleaders.

Tonight is the night, the 2014 E.W. Copeland Trophy will be awarded to our best and fairest for season 2014.

Tips, discussions, preview pieces all welcome.

My top 5;

1. Pendles
2. Beams
3. Sidebottom
4. MaCaffer
5. Frost

Live stream via the club's website from 7.30pm;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/copeland-trophy-2014

Best and Fairest Top 10
1. Scott Pendlebury (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
2. Dayne Beams (R.T. Rush Trophy)
3. Steele Sidebottom (J.J. Joyce Trophy)
4. Tom Langdon (J.F. McHale Trophy)
5. Brent Macaffer (Jack Regan Trophy)

Other Awards
Joseph Wren Trophy – VFL Best and Fairest Player – Kyle Martin
Darren Millane Memorial Trophy – Best Clubman – unknown
Harry Collier Trophy – Best First Year Player – Tom Langdon
Gordon Coventry Trophy – Goal Kicking Award – Travis Cloke
Gavin Brown Award – Leading Desire Indicators – Scott Pendlebury (leading tackles, 2nd clearances, leading contested possessions, 10th 1%'ers)
Bob Rose Award – Best Finals Player – Nathan Buckley
Magpie Army Player of the Year – Scott Pendlebury

Dayne Beams has declined an invitation to attend Collingwood's Copeland Trophy this evening, despite in the running to take home his second club best and fairest.

Travis Cloke described it as

"very disappointing, he's still a Collingwood player and he's contracted for next year, we understand his position, but as his mates and teammates we wish he was here to see off the season."

This has gone into the messy breakup stage

I think there could be few late tinkering with the votes to see that beams doesn't beat pendles.

May be some late tinkering to increase his trade value.;):p
Imagine you b&f winner not turning up. That would be a very awkward situation to be in. Screw increasing his trade value because clubs know where we stand irt his compensation. I think it will to avoind a media fiasco

Best and Fairest Top 10
Steele Sidebottom (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
2. Scott Pendlebury (R.T. Rush Trophy)
3. Patrick Dangerfield (J.J. Joyce Trophy)
4. Tom Langdon (J.F. McHale Trophy)
5. Tim Broomhead (Jack Regan Trophy)

Other Awards
Joseph Wren Trophy – VFL Best and Fairest Player – Darcy Moore
Darren Millane Memorial Trophy – Best Clubman – Paul Seedsman
Harry Collier Trophy – Best First Year Player – Patrick Dangerfield
Gordon Coventry Trophy – Goal Kicking Award – Travis Cloke
Gavin Brown Award – Leading Desire Indicators – Taylor Adams (leading tackles, 2nd clearances, leading contested possessions, 10th 1%'ers)
Player of the Finals - Steele Sidebottom
Magpie Army Player of the Year – Brodie Grundy

Weren't we doing 2015

If hes leaving because of family reasons, he shouldnt feel the need not to attend the best and fairest, his mates are there and he hasnt done anything wrong?

This is getting strange, theres probably more to this than family reasons.

Back