Courtney Dempsey Racial / Social Media Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, so here we all were doing our best to rightly keep the tackle and later racial abuse issues separate...then Dempsey/EFC went there themselves at the tribunal!

Way to cheapen the issue of racism. The horse called self-interest indeed runs the hardest.

(from AFL website) Dempsey's advocate Anderson also argued on Tuesday night that the Tribunal should consider the vile racial abuse that was directed at the defender via social media after the tackle.
"Courtenay has been subjected to an awful racist attack as a direct result of this incident and he has suffered greatly because of it," Anderson said.

I said it was being used to distract from the issue at hand. Fact.

I suggested it's possible the social media abuse may even have been fabricated.

Go and get some primary school comprehension lessons before canning other posters.

Just be aware I haven't laid all my cards on the table yet. Let's see what transpires.

Wasn't mifsud involved in a fabricated story that got someone sacked? Not suggesting that is the case here in regards to Courtney , but why was mifsud involved in the tribunal hearing in the first place?

Oh no. He's been bullied on a computer he could simply ignore or turn off.
Call the cops and lets give him some love.

I hope i never meet a nasty font that makes me all sad and stuff.
comic-sans-criminal1.png

Wasn't mifsud involved in a fabricated story that got someone sacked? Not suggesting that is the case here in regards to Courtney , but why was mifsud involved in the tribunal hearing in the first place?

He was responsible for driving Matt Rendell out of the game for a period over an honest explanation of his recruiting philosophy. At the time, Aboriginal participation in the AFL was in the midst of a decline that has been halted only this year, which presumably reflected poorly on Mifsud's performance.

Was called last night to give evidence as to the impact of the social media abuse on Dempsey, in the hope of reducing the penalty. It's unclear as to what effect Mifsud's testimony had, if any.

I don't understand why there's any debate over this. I was horrified when I saw Dempsey's tackle and was immensely relieved when I saw Deledio get up. I thought he should get a severe punishment for it and am glad he did.

But I didn't think that punishment should have involved racist and homophobic abuse, and it bothers me anyone can attempt to justify that. The guy who did it is obviously an incredible a-hole and shouldn't be defended.

To say Dempsey "played the victim" when in this matter he was the victim is a strange and offensive mindset.

Mifsud didn't belong there last night.

However, Dempsey was absolutely right to bring that person's behaviour to wider notice.

Agree - strange they tried to use it as a get out of jail free card.

Its embarrassing that in 2015 we still have idiots thinking its ok to use race against a person.

I don't understand why there's any debate over this. I was horrified when I saw Dempsey's tackle and was immensely relieved when I saw Deledio get up. I thought he should get a severe punishment for it and am glad he did.

But I didn't think that punishment should have involved racist and homophobic abuse, and it bothers me anyone can attempt to justify that. The guy who did it is obviously an incredible a-hole and shouldn't be defended.

To say Dempsey "played the victim" when in this matter he was the victim is a strange and offensive mindset.

Agree that they are separate issues, or should be. Can you not see how they've been deliberately enmeshed here?

Have already said I support the public outing and ridiculing of the racist, even though it will reflect badly on all Richmond supporters. How this can be construed as justifying racism is beyond me.

If he was so horrified by the comments, then why use those comments at the tribunal to better his case?
I think Ron has a point, and i think the 1st part of Rons weird conspiracy has been proven correct, whether he is correct or not, you can't discount it.
Why can't people just be banned from sites for this kind of abuse?

Have already said I support the public outing and ridiculing of the racist, even though it will reflect badly on all Richmond supporters. How this can be construed as justifying racism is beyond me.
No it won't.

Or it only will in the eyes of idiots and people looking to get a rise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it won't.

Or it only will in the eyes of idiots and people looking to get a rise.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Cos we've never been accused as a group of being prone to spitting on the coach, microwaving memberships or dumping chicken s**t! That would never happen! People have too much sense!

The abuse itself transcended club support. No mention of the tackle or Deledio. Deserves to be outed.

Last edited:

'Cos we've never been accused as a group of being prone to spitting on the coach, microwaving memberships or dumping chicken s**t! That would never happen! People have too much sense!
You're not the victim here. Stop playing it. It's pathetic.

The abuse itself transcended club support. No mention of the tackle or Deledio. Deserves to be outed.
The kfc boy thread.
A thread that has been going for 3 years now to put s**t on a Richmond supporter.

Since when did this become about Richmond supporters being victimised?

Seriously, remove chip from shoulder.

Only a moron would think the behaviour of one idiot reflects on all Richmond supporters. The attempt to make the dialogue about Richmond supporters copping it is cynical deflection at its finest.

It's one idiot. Just one. It's not hard to understand.

Oh no. He's been bullied on a computer he could simply ignore or turn off.
Call the cops and lets give him some love.

I hope i never meet a nasty font that makes me all sad and stuff.
That's right because no one ever committed suicide after being bullied online.

The kfc boy thread.
A thread that has been going for 3 years now to put s**t on a Richmond supporter.

On the bay. Not the main board. Notice you have no problem with a thread that's been going for 2 years "putting s**t" on an entire supporter base.

Precious much.

On the bay. Not the main board. Notice you have no problem with a thread that's been going for 2 years "putting s**t" on an entire supporter base.

Precious much.
Don't be a hypocrite mate.Entirely different when one bloke is treated like s**t for 3 years.

Don't be a hypocrite mate.Entirely different when one bloke is treated like s**t for 3 years.

If seriously want to claim what happened to Dempsey is that same as that, and that that is different to the thread I linked then you have been sculling the same kool aid as Ron.

what? courtney dempsey isn't gay...is he?

Oh go take a flying ****. I have not said I believe the insult was fabricated. I merely floated the possibility.

I have commented that it was being used to distract the focus from Dempsey's on-field act. Do you disagree that it was used at the tribunal to mitigate Dempsey's penalty? Thank you. I am vindicated.

If you'll excuse me, I have to collate social media insults for presentation at Sean Price's trial. It's not cool to mock mental illness these days you know.

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back