CPS authorises John Terry prosecution

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hilarious that they set a precedent through Suarez then Terry gets half that? There is levels of racism. If he has been found guilty. He should get 8, just like Suarez did.

I understand the FA's reasoning for Terry getting a lesser ban than Suarez but I don't necessarily agree with it, supposedly Suarez said 'negro' or 'negrito' multiple times (although Suarez only admitted using the word once and there was no other evidence to indicate otherwise) whereas Terry only called Ferdinand a 'black c*nt' once. It's a minor technicality and a loophole that needs stitching up. There should've been a 6-8 week ban for JT if they're going to be consistent.

I'll put it this way: is what Terry did half as bad as what Suarez did? That's what the punishment indicates the FA believe.

I understand the FA's reasoning for Terry getting a lesser ban than Suarez but I don't necessarily agree with it, supposedly Suarez said 'negro' or 'negrito' multiple times (although Suarez only admitted using the word once and there was no other evidence to indicate otherwise) whereas Terry only called Ferdinand a 'black c*nt' once. It's a minor technicality and a loophole that needs stitching up. There should've been a 6-8 week ban for JT if they're going to be consistent.

I'll put it this way: is what Terry did half as bad as what Suarez did? That's what the punishment indicates the FA believe.
If anything, isnt it worse? Im not sure what an african american person would rather be called. Negrito or black campaigner?

There was no evidence in the Suarez case, if that had gone to court would have been found not guilty also due to lack of evidence. It was his word against dirty scum Evra word.

There was no evidence in the Suarez case, if that had gone to court would have been found not guilty also due to lack of evidence. It was his word against dirty scum Evra word.

Suarez is the scum. I hope he enjoyed his holiday.

Terry getting done is ridiculous. Chelsea better appeal this s**t.

The FA are making an example of him to promote their 'Stamp out Racism' campaign. Terry is just the fall guy.

System is such a joke. Should of been dealt with in the week it happened instead of turning into such an ongoing media saga

The FA are making an example of him to promote their 'Stamp out Racism' campaign. Terry is just the fall guy.

That may well be the case and if it works then good on them. You're an idiot as a player now if you think you will get away with it. If you were going to pick a fall guy, you couldn't do much better than Terry. As mentioned above the levels of racism thing I find kind of amusing but at least they've been consistent in the findings. Suarez would not have been found guilty in court and Terry wasn't, sure they can argue it is unfair and technically it probably is but the message has now well and truely been put out there.

If being found not guilty in a court means the FA should have let him off for nothing then surely not being charged by the police would result in even less of a sanction? I'd like to know what about "black c*nt" lends itself to possibly being the result of language difficulties?

Suarez is the scum. I hope he enjoyed his holiday.

Terry getting done is ridiculous. Chelsea better appeal this s**t.

I really struggle to see how one could view these two cases and come to the conclusion that Suarez is scum and Terry getting done is rediculous? One south american called a french player a word that is common in his native tongue and not considered racist (not saying I think it is ok to use it in the EPL) conpared with an english white player calling an english black player, in english, a black c#nt.

Was he charged with the same offence as Suarez? If so he should have got the same punishment.

No shades of grey.

Still I didn't think the FA would have the bottle to go after him at all so I'm pleased he hasn't got away with it totally.

Was he charged with the same offence as Suarez? If so he should have got the same punishment.

No shades of grey.

Still I didn't think the FA would have the bottle to go after him at all so I'm pleased he hasn't got away with it totally.
That's what id like to know, but then again it comes down to levels or racism? Pretty sure there shouldnt be levels. Terry should get 8 just like Suarez did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC gone mad

ffs it's not what you say but how you say it - it's all about the intent

Ahhhh so John Terry called him a Black C%nt in that jolly manner that is common in conversations between white men and their male opponents.

Look Suarez got done because no matter what may or may not be appropriate in Uruguay it is not, in England, appropriate to call someone negrito. If it is not appropriate to call someone negrito then just how is it possible to have reasonable intent in calling someone a black c*nt?

PC gone mad

ffs it's not what you say but how you say it - it's all about the intent

I'm not sure you understand exactly what he's been found guilty of.

On balance of probabilities he was found to have insulted or abused Ferdinand. Its not a question of hi saying "black campaigner" in a nice way. That has been disregarded as improbable.

Unlike the Suarez Evra feud there's clear video evidence and both parties completely understood the language used. There's no dispute over what was said. On that basis I would have thought JT would get a bigger ban (not withstanding his fine was almost 6 x that of Suarez).

The fine is irrelevant, it's relative to each player's weekly wages and prior to his contract renewal Suarez would've been on £50-60k/week whereas Terry's earnings would be approaching £200k/week.

The FA have been tied up by their own legislation here. It's not fair by any means, but if they had banned Terry for as many games as Suarez then he would've appealed it and got off on the grounds that there's no evidence to indicate he called Ferdinand a 'black c*nt' more than once. Funnily enough, there also wasn't any evidence to indicate that Suarez called Evra 'negro' more than once (other than Evra's word) but that's been dealt with already.

So there was evidence then.

Veeerrry funny. It's a concept called 'beyond reasonable doubt'. I could go around telling everyone I ran the 100m in sub 10 secs when no-one was looking, it doesn't make it true because I can't prove it. Similarly just because Evra tells everyone Suarez called him a 'n*gger' "at least 10 times" in a crowded penalty area, then changed his story to Suarez only calling him 'negro' 6 or 7 times - doesn't make it a fact. To be honest I don't know for sure what happened in either incident, but perhaps more importantly neither do the FA. Oh well, rules is rules. Personally I think if the FA feel they have to be involved they should change this controversial process into one that more closely mirrors the way racism is dealt with in the courts. It would be far less open to criticism.

Veeerrry funny. It's a concept called 'beyond reasonable doubt'. I could go around telling everyone I ran the 100m in sub 10 secs when no-one was looking, it doesn't make it true because I can't prove it. Similarly just because Evra tells everyone Suarez called him a 'n*gger' "at least 10 times" in a crowded penalty area, then changed his story to Suarez only calling him 'negro' 6 or 7 times - doesn't make it a fact. To be honest I don't know for sure what happened in either incident, but perhaps more importantly neither do the FA. Oh well, rules is rules. Personally I think if the FA feel they have to be involved they should change this controversial process into one that more closely mirrors the way racism is dealt with in the courts. It would be far less open to criticism.

Beyond reasonable doubt doesn't apply to the FA tribunal, they go on balance of probabilities.

If they did go by "beyond reasonable doubt" Suarez and Terry would have probably both got off, and the game would be poorer for it.

Beyond reasonable doubt doesn't apply to the FA tribunal, they go on balance of probabilities.

If they did go by "beyond reasonable doubt" Suarez and Terry would have probably both got off, and the game would be poorer for it.

It's pretty clear from the Suarez investigation (and the Terry investigation" that the FA should not handled racism cases. The game isn't better off after the Suarez case, the FA's case was too weak and convicting someone when it was blatantly not clear what had gone on has done the game no favors whatsover. If anything it sets a precedent - the FA must now find any player guilty no matter how sketchy the case may be. At least in Terry's case they had solid evidence to work off.

It's pretty clear from the Suarez investigation (and the Terry investigation" that the FA should not handled racism cases. The game isn't better off after the Suarez case, the FA's case was too weak and convicting someone when it was blatantly not clear what had gone on has done the game no favors whatsover. If anything it sets a precedent - the FA must now find any player guilty no matter how sketchy the case may be. At least in Terry's case they had solid evidence to work off.

You clearly don't understand the term balance of probability.

And your biggest problem with the FA's handling of racism cases is that they've found one of your players guilty in one.

You clearly don't understand the term balance of probability.

And your biggest problem with the FA's handling of racism cases is that they've found one of your players guilty in one.

I understand completely what the term "balance of probability" means. It is clearly unsuitable for use in racism cases.

And for the teamcord I would have a major problem with any footballer being convicted with the level of evidence used in the Suarez case. Nothing to do with it being a LFC player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back