2022/23 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Wednesday came back from 4-0 down vs Peterborough in the first leg, to make it 4-4 in the 2nd leg in stoppage time, wow.
5-5 and then they win on pens.

What a match. I completely wrote us off on the weekend to the point where I didn't even check when the return leg was. Probably the only time I've been happy my kid wet the bed - couldn't get back to sleep, whacked on kayo and it was on. In all my years of following Wednesday, that was just about one of our satisfying games ever. Now just to hope Barnsley don't make it because they'll whack us

What a match. I completely wrote us off on the weekend to the point where I didn't even check when the return leg was. Probably the only time I've been happy my kid wet the bed - couldn't get back to sleep, whacked on kayo and it was on. In all my years of following Wednesday, that was just about one of our satisfying games ever. Now just to hope Barnsley don't make it because they'll whack us

Almost makes up for 2016 I suppose. :) ;)

Almost makes up for 2016 I suppose. :) ;)
Every time I see anything Hull related I'm still triggered over that game. To think, had we won, we'd have been in the EPL and who knows from there. Instead I'm sitting here cry-celebrating a League 1 playoff birth

That was torture to watch, but ultimately we aren't ready to go up. Full credit to Wednesday for making it happen and they've earned their shot to go up.

Every time I see anything Hull related I'm still triggered over that game. To think, had we won, we'd have been in the EPL and who knows from there. Instead I'm sitting here cry-celebrating a League 1 playoff birth

I'm sure Bristol City fans feel the same to be honest, and for them it would have been their first time ever (like us). Stuck in the Championship ever since. Funny with yesterday being the 9 year anniversary of our FA Cup Final defeat which gives me similar feelings, so I definitely know the feeling. Hope you guys go up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge disappointment. Dominated possession at 70% in both legs, but just couldn’t fashion chances to score.
It was really tight, but what the hell - pass, pass, pass, pass all leading to nothing much.
A good squad, good manager, but not quite good enough.
Well done Bolton Wanderers, but that’s one we let slip.
We’re on the up, so let’s go again next season.

Go Wednesday. I don't really have anything against Barnsley, but they've been a yo-yo club for years sans their play-off in the Championship.

Haven't Wednesday too?

WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY! :):):):)

Carlisle 3, Bradford 1 after Extra Time. Carlisle win 3-2 on aggregate.

Ben Barclay who headed the winning goal will be unavailable for the final as he is on loan to Carlisle from our opponents Stockport County. :(

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back